Exclamation HostDime Ended Shared & Reseller Hosting Sales

This is a bad new for HostDime's shared hosting clients. They announced ended new Shared & Reseller Hosting sales(Reference: http://www.hostdime.com/blog/hostdim...ller-accounts/ ). It's still continue by Surpasshosting(a sub company of Hostdime) for now. But this sub site can be closed in the near future like their some other sub sites.

Finding a reliable and working stable similar reseller hosting provider and migrating hundreds web site is really hard. I am worrying because I worked too many popular hosting providers for years and most of them closed or sold and services gone very bad.

Good luck everyone for new home.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Yep i saw this was well.

They are not closing out current shared or reseller accounts they are just not going to sell them any more. So if you are already with them as a reseller you are fine.

Now when it comes time that you need more space looks like they will make you move over into a VPS system
    THG - Ingenuity Cloud Services

50+ Data Centers - 35Tbps+ Network Capacity - 130,000+ Customers Worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by CentexHosting View Post
    Now when it comes time that you need more space looks like they will make you move over into a VPS system
    This is impossible. VPS is four times more expensive than Reseller Hosting with same features.
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    This is impossible. VPS is four times more expensive than Reseller Hosting with same features.

Just my guess for current customers. They may have upgrade options for current reseller but from the way I am reading it when you need to upgrade you would be moved over to the new VPS system.

Only other option if you did not want to do that would be change web host.

But the only one that can really answer what is going to happen when you need to upgrade your reseller plan would be HD.
    THG - Ingenuity Cloud Services

50+ Data Centers - 35Tbps+ Network Capacity - 130,000+ Customers Worldwide

HostDime is/was not the only decent reseller hosting provider. There are many. At least you should know that better than many @dhcart

That being said, yes it's bad news. Many customers just lost the opportunity to taste a great service. I guess they are focusing more on their server plans which is completely natural. As you grow big, your target becomes bigger.

Let's wish them luck.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

I've seen this happen with other providers as well. It's unfortunate for those who want shared or reseller plans, but providers grow and evolve over time.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
    I've seen this happen with other providers as well. It's unfortunate for those who want shared or reseller plans, but providers grow and evolve over time.
    For such a big company like HostDime, probably they are not earning much and not a big deal for them to released it :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    For such a big company like HostDime, probably they are not earning much and not a big deal for them to released it :-)
    Yes. There was a data center called Nocster/Burstnet long time ago and I had many reseller accounts on them. I had moved after they had ended sale of reseller/shared hostings and then they had bankrupted.

and then they had bankrupted.
    I hope this is not the case with HostDime :-)

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    I hope this is not the case with HostDime :-)
    Pretty sure HostDime's finances are very good. They are the exact opposite of BurstNET - one has low margins while the other has high margins. If it helps, HostDime just invested 20 million into a new facility in Orlando and the fact they are willing to invest so much can only mean two things: 1) Strong demand for their business and 2) They are generating strong and free cash flow.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | JetBackup | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, Quebec, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Singapore and Sydney

I think they have clarified the same in many posts before. They will continue to provide support for the current accounts they have.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Hello all,

We very much appreciate the support that this community has shown us throughout the years. Although it's no secret that we've been mentioning the plan to remove shared/reseller products from our website over the past year or so (Our formal post about it can be read here and Manny actually made a pretty thorough post within the past ~6 months about it), I just wanted to clarify a few things...

Yes, we absolutely have upgrade paths for our existing shared and reseller clients who cannot make the move immediately to the VPS environment. We obviously feel that our KVM VPS product is a better platform than the shared environment and we're providing incentives to those interested in upgrading, which can be read in our blog post linked above, that would make our most popular KVM VPS package just a few dollars more than our largest Reseller account was. It would even make our entry level VPS package less costly than our largest reseller was.

We've always been a company whose entire existence has been focused on the goal of trying to provide the best support and customer experience to our clients. Even though we're no longer selling the shared/reseller products, we have not deviated from that goal, we're just now focusing on products and platforms that we feel offer more value to our clients and can provide a more versatile, and all around stable, experience for those who trust us here at HostDime.

If anybody at all has any further questions about this decision, upgrade paths for current/potential clients, or anything else HostDime related, feel free to contact myself, or Manny, and we'll be happy to address those concerns as best we can. Thanks, again, everybody.
    | Marcos Font | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | India | Netherlands
    | Hong Kong

Finding a reliable and working stable similar reseller hosting provider and migrating hundreds web site is really hard. I am worrying because I worked too many popular hosting providers for years and most of them closed or sold and services gone very bad.
    You've mentioned previously that you have several reseller accounts with HD, now may be the time to consolidate the reseller accounts on to a managed dedicated server or two. HD has a great reputation in the managed server space.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

I can see why HD are doing this. Luckily, there are plenty of other providers to choose from should you not want or cannot upgrade to VPS/Dedicated with HD.

All the best.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by DimeNOC Marcos View Post
    ...our most popular KVM VPS package just a few dollars more than our largest Reseller account was. It would even make our entry level VPS package less costly than our largest reseller was...
    Your rHD1 Reseller Hosting plan was $35/month and provided 100GB SSD Storage with free Daily & Weekly Backup, Softaculous and DDoS Protecting.

But your cheapest VPS is $65/month and provide 60GB storage without Backup, Softaculous or DDoS Protecting. There are very expensive extra charges for backup or other services. Your VPS plans featureless, poor and the most expensive of competitors.

So your both services cannot be compared.

It looks like HostDime are changing their company image, and instead of keeping their shared hosting plans as a complimentary offering to their servers, they've decided to invest their resources in to continuing to expand their product lines to a more focused client-group which is understandable, but a shame at the same time!

It's worth mentioning that I can't see they'll be losing popularity overall because of this move.
    Thank You :: John Davies, || Learn how to install WordPress in 5 minutes
    Belira - Web Hosting, Domain Names, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Reliable & Professional WordPress Hosting, Joomla Hosting, e-Commerce Website Hosting
    cPanel, Domain Names, SSL Certificates, with A Close & Personal Support 24/7/365

Yes. There was a data center called Nocster/Burstnet long time ago and I had many reseller accounts on them. I had moved after they had ended sale of reseller/shared hostings and then they had bankrupted.
    I guess it's because of unsustainable pricing with Burstnet business.
    They would declare bankrupt and do business again with new business entity.

On another note, I'm surprised that you prefer reseller hosting service even when you grow to the level you can use own dedicated server.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    I guess it's because of unsustainable pricing with Burstnet business.
    They would declare bankrupt and do business again with new business entity.

On another note, I'm surprised that you prefer reseller hosting service even when you grow to the level you can use own dedicated server.
    Its' not surprising at all.

Managing a VPS/Dedicated is harder than looking after a Reseller plan.
    And a Managed VPS is far more expensive than a Reseller plan.

Something evil is happening to the hosting business lately: Site5 sold to EIG, HostDime stops Hosting/Rseller plans. Ominous signs!
    Last edited by WebMaister; 05-24-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaister View Post
    Its' not surprising at all.

Managing a VPS/Dedicated is harder than looking after a Reseller plan.
    And a Managed VPS is far more expensive than a Reseller plan.

Something evil is happening to the hosting business lately: Site5 sold to EIG, HostDime stops Hosting/Rseller plans. Ominous signs!
    There are hundreds if not thousands of hosting companies bleeding profusely right now. The days for small shared hosting companies are numbered, WordPress and other CMS's are needing more resources and as the resources are raised the profit margin is going down. The mass migration to managed WordPress and the Cloud is happening now, and those who did not see it coming are hurting. If your not changing your business model you will be history within 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HostWithLove_Cody View Post
    the fact they are willing to invest so much can only mean two things: 1) Strong demand for their business and 2) They are generating strong and free cash flow.
    I cannot say this applies to them, but these two things are not absolute indicators that a company is doing well. I've seen many a company including one I worked at years ago that fell apart terribly after going through these steps.

Quote Originally Posted by wiredcom View Post
    There are hundreds if not thousands of hosting companies bleeding profusely right now. The days for small shared hosting companies are numbered, WordPress and other CMS's are needing more resources and as the resources are raised the profit margin is going down. The mass migration to managed WordPress and the Cloud is happening now, and those who did not see it coming are hurting. If your not changing your business model you will be history within 3-5 years.
    Interesting, could you expand a bit on this concept?

• Basically are you saying that nowadays you better offer Wordpress hosting rather than generic hosting?
    • And since Wordpress hosting is more resource demanding, small companies do not have the necessary scale economy to offer reasonably priced plans?

Have I understood?

Quote Originally Posted by WebMaister View Post
    Interesting, could you expand a bit on this concept?

• Basically are you saying that nowadays you better offer Wordpress hosting rather than generic hosting?
    • And since Wordpress hosting is more resource demanding, small companies do not have the necessary scale economy to offer reasonably priced plans?

Have I understood?

If you understand the industry, and analyze your questions....that's exactly what's happening now. Fortunately, people are slowly realizing the truth.
    ██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
    Managed WordPress VPS & Managed WordPress Dedicated VPS Servers
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups
    Email: sales@wpcycle.comFacebook: wpcycle • Twitter: wpcycle

Reseller and VPS generally aren't the same. You'll receive a lot more server resources on a VPS with more room to grow and if you're using cPanel, you'll now have full WHM access and full root access. IMO, a Managed VPS is a much better solution that 'reseller' hosting.