* OVH 2016 / 2017 DC Roadmap... interesting...

OVH 2016 / 2017 DC Roadmap:-

Portland (May 16) Mini / Feb 17 – Full OVH DC
    Virginia (June 16) Mini / May 17 – Full
    Singapore (April 16)
    Sydney (Aug 16)
    NL (Sept 16)
    PL (Oct 16)
    DE (Jan 17)
    UK (Jan 17)
    IT (April 17)
    ESP (April 17)
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Where do you get this information from? :-)

Also if they would have opened a DC in Singapore in April 2016, it's already too late.
    Hosting4Real - European (NL/FR) High Performance Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Hosting4Real View Post
    Where do you get this information from? :-)

Also if they would have opened a DC in Singapore in April 2016, it's already too late.
    They sent me this via email on 18th April.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Maybe that is 2017?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I don't see them flogging there typical line of budget grade services here in the UK considering our rent per sqm and electric are some of the most expensive in the world much more than there current locations anyway, all this talk of cheap bulk power doesn't really apply here either. Be interesting to see how there UK location pans out.

This has been a popular debate on many forums. OVH is seriously expanding. Wonder what this will do to competition
    █|||RosenHost | Budget friendly EU and US located web Hosting solutions since 2009
    █||| Colorado | Vegas | California | London | Luxembourg |

Quote Originally Posted by Server Management View Post
    I don't see them flogging there typical line of budget grade services here in the UK considering our rent per sqm and electric are some of the most expensive in the world much more than there current locations anyway, all this talk of cheap bulk power doesn't really apply here either. Be interesting to see how there UK location pans out.
    Nothing is impossible with OVH :-)

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by RosenHost View Post
    This has been a popular debate on many forums. OVH is seriously expanding. Wonder what this will do to competition
    I would not worry about that as I think OVH do not have enough manpower to offer Managed services. OVH do not provide Management and do not provide cPanel for their Web hosting plans; so there is always room for others. OVH do not provide Shared/Reseller cPanel hosting platform which is one of the most popular platforms, but if they start offering those services then that would change things a lot, but only if they were able to provide decent support along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    I would not worry about that as I think OVH do not have enough manpower to offer Managed services. OVH do not provide Management and do not provide cPanel for their Web hosting plans
    You don't have to offer managed services or shared hosting to be a competition, OVH is a competition to a bunch of providers, mainly datacenters, or competitors such as online.net, leaseweb, amazon, etc.

I do believe OVH is doing a great job with their infrastructure, even if their support isn't that great. I honestly haven't been much indeed of support ever from OVH for a few reasons:

1: Services work majority of the time
    2: When there's issues they inform customers quickly on their status pages (travaux.ovh.net e.g.) - so I do not need to call them or create tickets unlike I do with other providers to find out they have issues.
    3: If I finally need their support, then I pick up the phone, and their incident support is actually quite good.

They offer good hardware (and network) for a really low price, and a bunch of innovations which a lot of providers doesn't do, or do for a very high price. So I do believe them entering a global market, will make them a even bigger competitor.
    If you can be a cheap provider and run a network of 7.3 terabit which is constantly expanding also because of their expansion in US. Then you're doing something right.

So sure - maybe they don't offer managed services, or shared hosting with cPanel, or fantastical support. But they do offer something that competitors have to watch out for: Quality hardware for an amazing price.

A good example is that I get same hardware (actually better hardware) and better network from OVH with a price of 276.99 euro where for the same I would pay 837 euro with LeaseWeb. And I can't see what I get at LeaseWeb that is worth 3 times the price. Latency on a global level is actually faster for OVH. And the LeaseWeb support isn't exactly great.

So OVH will be affecting the markets they'll enter. Specially in some locations such as in Singapore and Netherlands and Germany I believe.
    Hosting4Real - European (NL/FR) High Performance Web Hosting

You don't have to offer managed services or shared hosting to be a competition, OVH is a competition to a bunch of providers, mainly datacenters, or competitors such as online.net, leaseweb, amazon, etc.
    I think you misunderstood me as I was not saying OVH were not a threat to providers near their size. I was on about small-medium providers. I am just saying it does not make much difference to the small-medium sized providers who offer web hosting services from unmanaged dedicated server providers such as OVH/Online/Hetzner/RapidSwitch. If anything us small-medium providers will get lower pricing, higher specs, better protection like DDoS protection (included by default). Because OVH does not offer management/fast support or cPanel offerings it does not affect small-medium providers offering those types of services, thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Nothing is impossible with OVH :-)
    OVH can't change the fact we don't have hydro power or much of offshore wind farms, power here is on average 20quid an amp, regardless who's the provider OVH won't make much of a dent in that regard, maybe with virtual servers but there pricing will end up being the sameish as the others here, They might end up building a DC here but again power and network is the major problem outside of London, in some areas we only have Virgin Media and BT as carriers which isn't exactly great its worser than cogent at the best of times.

In Sheffield we had a 2 day fibre cut from Virgin leaving the entire DC on BT for the BGP, took them 2 days to find a fault one of there own contractors caused.

Not a Road map but its look like a crash map.

Price crash map record.
    As per their previous record, They change pricing of dedicated server/VPS to $10, etc which affect whole hosting industry.

I think If they will stay away from shared/reseller hosting then it will be better for small company.
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Presently at 1100 employees and looking to increase that to 3000? They're a company on the move.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

* OVH Launches Warsaw, Singapore And Sydney Data Centres

Cool #OVHSummit 2016 « Together » / Keynote in English

More infomation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK6JvEBm_PA

#OVHSummit 2016 “Together” – 1:13:07 Part 3: Technical announcements by Octave Klaba (CTO)
    Setting up of OVH’s new datacenters, new offers and roadmaps in Web, Mobile Hosting, Cloud (Public Cloud, Private Cloud and dedicated servers) and Telecom… Octave Klaba reviews the company’s latest developments and makes a series of announcements for 45 minutes, before stating, loud and clear, OVH’s commitment to open source software.

OVH is taking over so many locations , maybe this would put a huge impact to other datacenters near by the OVH DC's (future)

This will inevitably threaten some providers, but you can only sell on price and price alone for so long.

The level of service you provide has to live up to expectations an with this level of growth, comes pains. I have no doubt it'll be a successful yet tough period for them during all of this growth.

Very interesting times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeployNode View Post
    OVH is taking over so many locations , maybe this would put a huge impact to other datacenters near by the OVH DC's (future)
    Competition isn't a bad thing.