Looking for a service

Hello,

I currently own a website and business providing coding, programming and website development services. I'm currently looking for a type of ecommerce system that can easily be integrated into my website. I also want the system to handle inquiries made by customers to give a price estimate as well as a login system to allow the customer to check the status of their current inquiries.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Maybe use WHMCS which has invoicing/support tickets/emails or check some other software at

ecommerce = http://demo.softaculous.com/enduser/...&cat=ecommerce

or

customer support = http://demo.softaculous.com/enduser/...ustomersupport

All the best.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Yeah, WHMCS can do what you're looking for.
    Prior to 6.3, the customer support experience kind of sucked, but they picked it up a notch (still some work to do).
    From a customer management , invoicing, even quote standpoint, WHMCS is absolutely the best, bar none, right now. Nothing even comes close.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I managed to check out WHMCS and although it seems like the superior ecommerce software to choose it does seem a little too pricey for my company budget. Would there be a free alternative around that I could possibly get?

Thanks once again guys!

Keep in mind future growth. WHMCS licenses start at around $15/month, so you're not going to get much better than that.
    Putting it off isn't necessarily the wisest choice. Eventually, you'll need a professional platform and the sooner you get into it, the better.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by garyni123 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I managed to check out WHMCS and although it seems like the superior ecommerce software to choose it does seem a little too pricey for my company budget. Would there be a free alternative around that I could possibly get?

Thanks once again guys!
    Another one you could consider is WHSuite but I think WHMCS would be better choice as it isn't just for Web Hosting like WHSuite is.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Wordpress & WooCommerce can do what you are looking for. It's esy to install and use.

Multi-functional e-commerce solution

If you are looking for a cheaper solution have a look at Browuse. It might meet your needs. I cannot add links to my posts yet, so you can google on your own to find it.

Take a look at BoxBilling its an alternative to WHMCS and provides Billing / Automation / Support desk and its OpenSource, Which is of course nice. I've used it myself and I was pleased with it.

You should check out shopify or integrate magento or a wordpress ecommerce theme. We use a lot of these, and our customers are happy with this. Let me know what you think, thanks

You can buy a cheap license of whmcs from your hosting provider or from www.licensepal.com
    Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin + CloudLinux + CloudFlare + Softaculous + Site Builder
    Uptime 99% + Friendly Support

You should check services like woo commerce,Magento,Oscommerce.

Shopify is nice and doesn't require much technical knowledge or work, which is convenient for saving time to allot to other business tasks. Volusion is a bit more work, but works in a similar way. They both provide the types of setup you've described here. Big Cartel and Big Commerce are also options worth considering, and are especially simple to use with creating product descriptions and collecting/responding to sales-inquiries, service-requests, etc. The majority of these offering a mobile-platform and accessibility is a big plus for your business and compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by whmcsguru View Post
    Keep in mind future growth. WHMCS licenses start at around $15/month, so you're not going to get much better than that.
    Putting it off isn't necessarily the wisest choice. Eventually, you'll need a professional platform and the sooner you get into it, the better.
    I absolutely agree with @whmcsguru here. Starting out on a premium professional platform like WHMCS pays big dividends on the back end. The soft dollar benefits far exceed any hard dollar expense.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

I use WHMCS to do this for my business. The $15/month is money well spent and will position you to add hosting easily in the future.