* AutoDj for shoutcast on VPS

Hi, I need to run a shoutcast with autodj on my linux vps. I know how to install shoutcast but the problem is with the autodj, I dont know nothing about some autodj for linux shoutcast, any help? I used centovacast before, but my radio dont have money right now so cant afford the cost of centovacast, I need a free solution for now.

Any tip?

I think Icecast will do the trick I have installed that for a customer before. I believe it will do what you want and it's free

Just be wary of CPU usage with AutoDJ, it can get rather intensive which might not be so welcome on a shared CPU. Also factor in 24/7 streaming and you could be looking at some big bandwidth bills

Quote Originally Posted by wcgshosting View Post
    I think Icecast will do the trick I have installed that for a customer before. I believe it will do what you want and it's free
    Thanks, I will check more info about icecast!

Quote Originally Posted by CableChief View Post
    Just be wary of CPU usage with AutoDJ, it can get rather intensive which might not be so welcome on a shared CPU. Also factor in 24/7 streaming and you could be looking at some big bandwidth bills
    Thanks, Im not worried, the radio dont have any listeners, but I need it always on. badwidth or cpu isnt a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CableChief View Post
    I don't think one could install AutoDJ on a shared account if they wanted too. I've installed one for a client on their VPS, and even with a good handful of listeners, the CPU didn't appear to go to any levels that would be an issue.

Bandwith...you can change the bitrate of what's playing. I don't recall the if numbers follow music production numbers (128, 256, 44.1, 48, etc), but the lower number is still good and clear for listeners to enjoy.

Yes, you can do this by using Icecast+ezstream and it's free, I also often use this

Btw, Why are so many who want Shoutcast rather than Icecast, what fundamental difference ? Are more stable Shoutcast?
    Albenet Web Hosting Total Solution
    Reliable VPS SSD | Shared Hosting | Domain Registration | SSL Certificate

Quote Originally Posted by WPCYCLE View Post
    I don't think one could install AutoDJ on a shared account if they wanted too. I've installed one for a client on their VPS, and even with a good handful of listeners, the CPU didn't appear to go to any levels that would be an issue.

Bandwith...you can change the bitrate of what's playing. I don't recall the if numbers follow music production numbers (128, 256, 44.1, 48, etc), but the lower number is still good and clear for listeners to enjoy.
    By shared CPU I mean the fact that all your resources on a VPS are shared, unless you are paying top dollar for dedicated cores. Once you hit large numbers of listeners, you'll start hammering the CPU and disks.

Is there some guide for using ezstream as autodj? I want to play random at playlist...

Quote Originally Posted by _NANO_ View Post
    Is there some guide for using ezstream as autodj? I want to play random at playlist...
    Maybe you can google with keywords:

SHOUTcast Server AutoDJ and Live Streaming or IceCast Server AutoDJ and Live Streaming
    Albenet Web Hosting Total Solution
    Reliable VPS SSD | Shared Hosting | Domain Registration | SSL Certificate