Exclamation US business bank account for non citizen

hello guys,

I'm a non US citizen but I create a DELAWARE Company remotely (it's simple and going by law), but now the problem is how I can open a business bank account for my company without travel to USA ? (the visa is the high problem of course)

Any one find any solution ?

Thank you!

You must file for an ITIN to open a US bank account.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Gene...IN-Information
    Tony Holloway
    Delivering Custom Hosting Solutions Since January 2004
    madRooster.com
    Fun Name ... Serious Solutions

hi,

the EIN/ITIN is not a problem at all, I can go it

now the question : there is any bank that he don't required the person in charge to be in the bank to open the account? of course I can send all the documents via DHL/Fedex & notarized any document in the USA Embassy !

You will more then likely have better luck with smaller banks on this. You might try City National Bank. I could recommend a couple in Nashville, TN, but you would probably be better off looking in Delaware, since that is where you are incorporating.
    Tony Holloway
    Delivering Custom Hosting Solutions Since January 2004
    madRooster.com
    Fun Name ... Serious Solutions

As far as I know you have to visit the branch at least once to show off your documents. They don't accept apostiles ones. This is for every bank. HSBC offer remote openings but as I remember they requires at least 100k opening deposits.
    Andrew N. - cPanel Plesk VMWare Certified Professional
    Do you need immediate assistance? 20 minutes response time!*
    EmergencySupport - Professional Server Management and One-time Services

(it's simple and going by law)
    The reason lawyers, senior accountants, tax advisers, compliance directors etc.. are paid a lot is because regulations and law are open to interpretation.

A lot of banks, particularly the big ones that have been fined, tread very carefully around this area now for non-residence applicants. Before if you ticked the requirements and the bank had enough documentation to say they satisfied variants of AML or KYC etc.. then all is good.. Now they peel back the layers more thoroughly, wanting to know the in's and out's of your business operations and asking for all sorts of documentation that either them or the agent bank formation company didn't suggest up-front. Once your account is finally operational then you can look forward to transactions being black-holed for weeks at a time due to black-ops anti-fraud (this isn't related to CC/chargeback fraud, Im talking wire transfers etc...) screening and your account relationship manager being powerless to intervene. Then finally they can close your account at any time without any reason, and for those risky non-resident business accounts, particularly those that aren't generating heavy fees then its something that would be a regular worry to me.

You must have a very good reasons for desiring a US company and thus a plane trip to open an account shouldn't be a big issue, hopefully this isn't for something as silly as a merchant account with better rates.
    MattF - Since the start..

Bank of America will open a checking account online.

I'm not sure, but I think that Stripe has some kind of setup where they'll get you a US bank account. Don't quote me on it though
    ProTraf Solutions - https://www.protrafsolutions.com
    Remote DDoS Protection - In-House Mitigation Platform
    DDoS Protection for Network Infrastructure
    sales (at) protrafsolutions.com | @ProTrafSol

Quote Originally Posted by Protraf View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think that Stripe has some kind of setup where they'll get you a US bank account. Don't quote me on it though
    They don't accept Hosting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Bank of America will open a checking account online.
    Will they for non-citizens?
    Andrew N. - cPanel Plesk VMWare Certified Professional
    Do you need immediate assistance? 20 minutes response time!*
    EmergencySupport - Professional Server Management and One-time Services

As I know you should have an SSN !

You could try with a more global bank, US based, who have branches in your country of residence or in a country you can easily get to. I don't think you have any chance of opening an account without a visit in person for them to verify your identity.
    John Strong
    CEO
    Noction, Inc.
    www.noction.com

Quote Originally Posted by andrewn View Post
    Will they for non-citizens?
    They have been doing it for illegal mexicans, I dont see why not

You can probably find a bank that will do this. I googled "foreign corporation US bank account" and there seem to be some banks who want this business. You will probably need to have all of the documents "notarized" with the "notary" at the US consulate in your country. Be aware that a "notary" in the US is absolutely nothing like a notary in other countries. In the US, it is someone who certifies that a signature is valid and made by the person signing, and it probably will cost under $75 at the consulate for a set of documents.

You will need a US taxpayer identification number for the corporation (not for you), which you obtain by filing a form with the IRS. I presume you have a US address with your registered agent. I don't know if you can use their phone number, so OOMA is a good choice for a cheap VOIP phone with US number.

A bank who wants your business will tell you what you need to do.

I'm guessing you haven't seen this: https://stripe.com/atlas
    Maybe form a new corporation through them. They will open the bank account for you as well. Pretty interesting....
    coloAZ - Colocation and Dedicated Servers
    Proudly in PhoenixNAP - Quad Core, Hex Core and More!
    Need Remote Hands in Phoenix? Let us know!
    www.coloaz.com - 1-855-9-COLOAZ

Quote Originally Posted by coloAZ View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't seen this: https://stripe.com/atlas
    Maybe form a new corporation through them. They will open the bank account for you as well. Pretty interesting....
    I have a Beta invitation but for Hosting providers they don't accept opening the bank account

Quote Originally Posted by colotx View Post
    They don't accept Hosting stuff
    Are you kidding?!?!? Plenty of hosts accept Stripe. When did they stop accepting hosts?
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Most, if not all of the banks, will accept a Business License, and an EIN to open, idk about the minimum deposit, as each are different.

To open the account you need a valid govt ID, Visa, Passport, or Drivers License.

Your best bet is to call and ask, each bank regarding their terms.

Other options are attaching PayPal, or "wire" your funds internationally once the account is setup.

But yeah, call the banks, and ask.

EDIT: link / https://www.wellsfargocommunity.com/thread/5206

EDIT: Visa Waiver: not sure what country you are, but some can apply for the waiver: https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...r-program.html and just fly in and fly out.
    Last edited by SkunkEyes; 04-30-2016 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Are you kidding?!?!? Plenty of hosts accept Stripe. When did they stop accepting hosts?
    Sorry but I'm taking about STRIPE ATLAS & Banking solution (SVB.com) don't accept the business of Hosts

They accept to open the company for us but not the bank side as SVB.com denied this kind of business

Sorry but I'm taking about STRIPE ATLAS & Banking solution (SVB.com) don't accept the business of Hosts

They accept to open the company for us but not the bank side as SVB.com denied this kind of business
    Did they sate why they were not accepting customers that own hosting businesses?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheheat View Post
    Did they sate why they were not accepting customers that own hosting businesses?
    It's fine, they open it now

It's fine, they open it now
    So Stripe Atlas does accept hosting companies? If you had to run through some hurdles to get them to accept a hosting company (or opted for another route?), it might be useful to explain what you did to aid those looking to do exactly what you are.
    Blazing Fast Web Hosting Solutions: HostDash | AblePage

Interesting indeed. They dont do LLC at the moment though. We just opened our LLC in Delaware and had to go in person to open an account with Bank of America. We were exhibiting at the Hostingcon 2016 at NewOrleans so were able to open the bank account while we were in the USA. Overall, it took just 2 hours to open the bank account. The safest and reliable way would be to visit a bank in person even if you have to get a visa.

I have a Beta invitation but for Hosting providers they don't accept opening the bank account
    James B
    WWW.EZEELOGIN.COM |Setup your Secure Linux SSH GatewayMEET PCI DSS & ISO 27001 Compliance|Manage & Administer Multiple Linux Servers Quickly & Securely.