Server Mania Review - 2 years of business

Its true that Servermania had a very good VPS deal in which I had to pay only 88$ for a 4GB VPS for an year. But their policies are not transparent, and the support really really sucks! You should never go with them.

They have
    1. Poor internal communication
    2. No AUP to follow
    3. No management to control the staff.

I started with them around two years ago, when I found their advertisement in one of the social media and signed up with them, their servers were fast and I had 5 usable IPs and it was perfect for me to host the few websites that I administer.
    The first hiccup started around mid June 2015 that they suspended my server stating that ” I am saving backups in my server” and it is against their TOS. I was like eh! and here is the transcript. ( Ticket 92737 )

Hello,

We have checked your VPS and you are storing backups which is against our fair
    usage policies. Data stored should be for website usage only.

You'll need to remove the backups and find a suitable external option for them.
    --
    Mike P.
    Server Mania

Hello,

Its just cPanel backups, and its of 22Gb only.

1. When you sold me cPanel license it was not told that I cannot use the feature
    of cPanel which is used to take the backups here. Is it not evident that when
    you sell the license for a service you support all the features of that software
    ?

2. I am not seeing any such clause in your website that prohibits me from taking
    the backups and saving in the server. If I am looking at the wrong page (
    http://www.servermania.com/aup.htm and http://www.servermania.com/tos.htm )
    Please guide me to the correct page where it is stated.

They have sold the server with cPanel and I was not told anything at that time and I was using the backup feature of cPanel which was perfectly fine.
    Next happened when they have decided to take my server offline because of the ” SMTP connections ” . I had always set my cPanel so that the hourly emails sent by any domain in my server will be 100, and any other mails will be marked as frozen. They have some primitive tool which counts the outbound connections towards port 25 to their gateway server / IP and blocks the server if it is beyond a threshold, which was always untrue.
    They use to simply shutdown the server without any notice for ‘spamming’ and when asked for an evidence, they will never have any.
    The last and final issue was when they suspended my server for ‘load’. and this was the evidence sent by them. ( ticket 163256 )

It has come to our attention that your VPS server is using more than your fair
    share of CPU resources. In order to prevent this from impacting your
    neighbouring customers on the same node, we need you to investigate this as soon
    as possible.

In the meantime, we have unfortunately been forced to temporarily suspend your
    VPS until we hear back from you.

top - 03:38:45 up 28 days, 3:58, 0 users, load average: 1.56, 1.42, 1.35

For my repeated questions, their tech Tylor responded to me like this

The load should not go above 1. However, I agree that the server was not in
    significant enough violation to disable the server. Moving forward I will advise
    the other technicians to not disable services under these circumstances.

Your services were running above the 1 load requirement allotted for your container
    When I asked them this

My server have two processors. So a load of 1 means that the server is only at
    the 50% of utilisation, as far as I understand linux.

If your server cannot handle that much load, why you are selling it ?

Tylor replied

As previously advised, I would not have personally suspended this container and
    I apologize that it was. We can process an SLA credit for you for the 5 hours
    downtime. Please advise if you would like to proceed with this.

My response

Now you are making it personal.

I am not talking to Tylor or Mohammed or Jared , but to Servermania. I dont
    care who is doing it. When you are representing a company, they have to have
    policies which everyone should follow before taking the server down - it should
    not be a personal choice! Or you could send me a notice or make a phone call to
    tell me that my server is overloading before taking the server down. That I what
    I call professionalism.

5 hours of down time for your staff's ignorance is not some thing that I can
    accept.

Yes, Please process the SLA credit.

And please revoke your statement about the load averages and tell me a fair
    estimate on how much load my server could handle.

Tylor’s response

I will forward this to billing. Your server should not surpass 2 load average.
    Then I moved my servers away from them in a week.
    Last edited by vinod; 04-21-2016 at 08:47 AM.

I agree. Originally they were superb both their network and support but so far they are failing unfortunately
    Andrew N. - cPanel Plesk VMWare Certified Professional
    Do you need immediate assistance? 20 minutes response time!*
    EmergencySupport - Professional Server Management and One-time Services

Their only problem is that they sell for advertisement ....and then they don't want to keep their promise so they find ways to make you move on... to a decent Host/Data Center that will honor their TOS
    Your Hosting Partner of Choice
    ...everything stored in NVMe

Sorry to hear about the issues you had. I personally think that it's harsh to prohibit storing backups, but I have never used them so I don't know much about their service. I hope you found a suitable provider for your websites.

Don't be carried away by the numerous deals they float the internet with.

I just got burned with their $39/mo deal.

Initiated a charge back, but paypal gave it to their favour.

They suck big time. Not good if you want to run a serious business.
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

It's lucky your server still there.
    My Servermania VPS was totally destroyed due to hardware problem, all data was gone.
    My server was down over 24hrs, the admin of Servermania doesn't know anything about it until I ask them.
    The service of this company is suck.

I was frustrated with them as well. They charge you $5 for every mail notification they sent you. When purchasing additional IPs, the price is "dynamic", you never pay the same price, it depends who replies to your ticket. My balanced dissapeared twice for no reason and they created an invoice of over $2000 for exceeding my bandwidth because my server got flooded.