any wordpress forum recommendation??

Hi

I need a forum that is very simple - No user registration, anyone can post without login, but all messages have to be approved by me first.

Expected highest traffic is 100 people only (and probably much less)

Does it require any special server? I've been hearing about SQL..PHP..database but I know NONE of them!

100 people per day or per month?

Shared/Reseller hosting should be fine but it depends on how heavy the usage is.

So, I would start with VPS to be sure.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

hi

1. Estimated max. total traffic per month is 3000 visits (same IP or different IP)
    Estimated max. different IP per day / per month is 100
    Estimated highest traffic at the same time is no more than 50 IP

In fact it's only a small board for my local small-scaled community.
    we have only 300 people. My front page will be password-protected
    by wordpress plugin. Only those 300 people know the site and password.
    Very unlikely they will all get onto the forums at the same time.
    I don't want any user registration it's really messy and useless for us.

2. What does it mean by "Reseller " " Shared " hosting?? what is VPS??

Quote Originally Posted by louis2008 View Post
    hi

1. Estimated max. total traffic per month is 3000 visits (same IP or different IP)
    Estimated max. different IP per day / per month is 100
    Estimated highest traffic at the same time is no more than 50 IP

In fact it's only a small board for my local small-scaled community.
    we have only 300 people. My front page will be password-protected
    by wordpress plugin. Only those 300 people know the site and password.
    Very unlikely they will all get onto the forums at the same time.
    I don't want any user registration it's really messy and useless for us.

2. What does it mean by "Reseller " " Shared " hosting?? what is VPS??
    I suggest your to go with vps as it provides high availability on your site as per your requirements, In case of shared hosting or re-seller hosting you are sharing the resources with others and it is limited in nature,if you expect high traffic in future it is not a best solution for you. Please feel free to ask if need any other recommendations
    Mutual success is the part of every business :-)
    Linux Administration | Web hosting Support | Security and Server Hardening | Migration Services | Web Design and Development
    gET mE ON SKYPE :- getthomas90

Quote Originally Posted by bashlinux View Post
    I suggest your to go with vps as it provides high availability on your site as per your requirements, In case of shared hosting or re-seller hosting you are sharing the resources with others and it is limited in nature,if you expect high traffic in future it is not a best solution for you. Please feel free to ask if need any other recommendations

In the near future I will not expect high traffic, and in fact it will never be a forum expected to be high traffic. As a result, Cost is more important.

Is shared hosting enough for me?

Almost all forum software enable guest posting. You just need to enable it in admin control panel. You could also set permission like " approved by admin "for all posts. Among free forum software, look at Elkarte.net or mybb.com . Both should work well on a shared hosting.

With WordPress (like your title suggests) you could use a contact form (Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, etc) to allow for "front end posting" which allows anyone to submit a post. This could also submit it for your review instead of just live to the site. The post could be a normal "blog" post that allows for others to comment on it.

That gets your "forum" bit of the site handled in pretty short order. Now you would just need to find a WordPress theme that fits your specific needs for how you want it to look and feel.

You can get into some pretty complex different scenarios on how to build a site to do this and how to host it. This is a pretty simple and straight forward solution that could get you to your end goal with minimal time and money invested into the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by louis2008 View Post
    In the near future I will not expect high traffic, and in fact it will never be a forum expected to be high traffic. As a result, Cost is more important.

Is shared hosting enough for me?
    If you are expecting a traffic of 3000 per month,the best solution is a vps otherwise you can try for big plan having minimum 10 GB of bandwidth per month
    Mutual success is the part of every business :-)
    Linux Administration | Web hosting Support | Security and Server Hardening | Migration Services | Web Design and Development
    gET mE ON SKYPE :- getthomas90

Based on your expected traffic I'd also recommend starting with a shared server, it may be that you do require a VPS but there's no harm in testing shared hosting first. Also this assumes that you reach your desired traffic, if not then shared will likely be fine anyway.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Yikes! All messages requires your approval and you're expecting 3000 visitors a month. That's going to be a lot of hassle.

I would go with a mid sized VPS, that should be more than enough power to handle those request. Then after you grow for a bit, just move to small dedicated server. Let me know if you need any help!