Thread: Gandi and WHMCS

Gandi and WHMCS

Hi
    I've been a hosting reseller for a few weeks a now and I would like to add domain reselling. I'm interested to use Gandi as my domain registrar for two reasons :
    - Most of my clients use .fr/.re domains which is not provided by many registrar
    - Gandi offers WHOIS for .fr domains

Namecheap doesn't offer .re domain and doesn't allow WHOIS on .fr
    Name.com's module doesn't accept .fr but you can buy from their website..

Unfortunately there's no WHMCS module for Gandi. What can I do then ?

1) Change for another registrar (like OVH, ...)
    2) Hire a developer to create a module (but it's quite pricy for me :/)

How do you guys do ?
    thanks

You can try OpenDomainRegistry,

They are offering those extensions but you have to ask for the price I guess, they have also whmcs module

http://www.opendomainregistry.net/api/
    WHMCS Factory ❤ Responsive Web Hosting Themes for WHMCS
    www.whmcsfactory.com
    Buy 1 & Get 3 Responsive WHMCS Themes + Free Payment Charges Module!

Quote Originally Posted by InFact View Post
    You can try OpenDomainRegistry,

They are offering those extensions but you have to ask for the price I guess, they have also whmcs module

http://www.opendomainregistry.net/api/
    Thank you for your message
    1) I don't know them at all, are they reliable ?
    2) When I click on buy, it redirects me on their home page, I can't see the price, perhaps you can only check if they are available but can't buy them
    3) Their WHMCS module is not available yet

Any alternatives ?

Did you check resellerclub and opensrs ? Might worth to look.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Did you check resellerclub and opensrs ? Might worth to look.
    Resellerclub does not sell .fr domain which is the most important domain in France.

OpenSRS are selling both domains I want on their website ONLY.. but their WHMCS module does not support both domains.

Why is it so many resellers module doesn't support all domain they sell? Like name.com same them on their website but you can't do that with their whmcs module

I'm so lost
    Last edited by princecaspian; 04-13-2016 at 02:54 AM.

Gandi is great, but they don't do anything at all like a "normal" web host nor typical registrar, which is probably why they are not talked about much around here. There's no such thing as "shared hosting" or "reseller hosting" with Gandi, no "panels" that the cPanel/WHM crowd would recognize. And very much old-school concept of "handles" for role-based security.

That said, they do have a way to automate all purchases, renewals, etc., of domains, certificates, Simple Hosting Platform as a Service simplifed VPS, full VPS, and more, via their Gandi API. Documented here: http://doc.rpc.gandi.net/

However I doubt the cPanel-centric world has anything to connect to it. I could be wrong. Do a DuckBingGoogYan for terms like "Gandi API WHM" or similar and see what comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkXS View Post
    Gandi is great, but they don't do anything at all like a "normal" web host nor typical registrar, which is probably why they are not talked about much around here. There's no such thing as "shared hosting" or "reseller hosting" with Gandi, no "panels" that the cPanel/WHM crowd would recognize. And very much old-school concept of "handles" for role-based security.

That said, they do have a way to automate all purchases, renewals, etc., of domains, certificates, Simple Hosting Platform as a Service simplifed VPS, full VPS, and more, via their Gandi API. Documented here: http://doc.rpc.gandi.net/

However I doubt the cPanel-centric world has anything to connect to it. I could be wrong. Do a DuckBingGoogYan for terms like "Gandi API WHM" or similar and see what comes up.
    My only wish is to resell these two domain .fr / .re
    At this point I don't mind using any registrar if at least I can get the job done. I can use OVH too, but do you know if there is a WHMCS module ? and does it work properly ?

Quote Originally Posted by princecaspian View Post
    My only wish is to resell these two domain .fr / .re
    At this point I don't mind using any registrar if at least I can get the job done. I can use OVH too, but do you know if there is a WHMCS module ? and does it work properly ?
    I checked around and only registrar I use that appears to be able to deliver .fr is Enom, but from what I can tell they dont have .re (Not spotting it on quick look i took.)

I guess the only thing I can do is buying myself manually from my own account the desired domain for my clients ?!
    As a web designer, I wanted to automated this so if a client wants to buy many domains with his web hosting he can do it by himself..

What do you think if I install a registrar that allows client to buy all domains including .fr and for the .re domain I will tell them they can only buy them manually from me ?
    In this case, do you know if OVH module is allowing buying .fr domain ? OVH and Gandi are the most famous ones in france, and OVH has some inexpensive price compared to others (enom, name.com, etC..)

I know that Namecheap is allowing to sell .fr domain, but the only issue I had with them is they don't allow WHOIS protection at all for the french domain because of the french law which is not completely true because other registrar like OVH or Gandi allow the WHOIS protection for personal use only (it's not allowed for companies).