How to Transfer Shared godaddy hosting to cloud server?

Hello i have a website <<snipped>> hosted on godaddy with current plan (Hosting - Web - Economy - Linux cPanel ). i want to transfer from this plan to cloud server as my website get down when it has 200 users online on this package. I dont know cloud hosting will benefit my criteria or not but i have read over internet and found cloud hosting better than shared upto some extent. please suggest me if you know better option as i am also unable to buy vps hosting because i cant afford it . plus what is the method of upgrade from shared to cloud in godaddy? i will be highligh appreciated

Regards
    Umar
    Last edited by Postbox; 02-13-2016 at 10:16 PM.

As long as the cloud instance is running cPanel the move should be straightforward enough. Create a full backup of the shared account (backup wizard within cPanel) and restore using the restore functionality included in WHM. Keep in mind that a cloud server is essentially a vps with some additional HA functionality thrown in (hopefully), and will generally be more expensive than a typical VPS.

If you want to avoid cPanel licensing fees, you could opt with a free panel like Virtualmin. However, this will require a manual migration.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

It sounds like you're looking to stay with GoDaddy - if so, I would urge you to ask THEM these questions rather than us. They better know how to transfer things between their different infrastructures.
    MightWeb - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers.
    KVM VPS's - RAID 10 Pure SSD - Windows & Linux - Managed services available
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | Pure SSD | Premium Network | SpamExperts
    DDoS Protection, R1Soft Hourly Backups, LiteSpeed, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    As long as the cloud instance is running cPanel the move should be straightforward enough. Create a full backup of the shared account (backup wizard within cPanel) and restore using the restore functionality included in WHM. Keep in mind that a cloud server is essentially a vps with some additional HA functionality thrown in (hopefully), and will generally be more expensive than a typical VPS.

If you want to avoid cPanel licensing fees, you could opt with a free panel like Virtualmin. However, this will require a manual migration.
    i could ask them but they dont have any convenient support or they dont take any instant action

Quote Originally Posted by umarimtiaz5 View Post
    i could ask them but they dont have any convenient support or they dont take any instant action
    If they don't offer convenient support or they're slow why not move to a different provider? There is a whole sea of providers to choose from.
    ▉▊ HostKoi Web Services LLC - Optimized Web Hosting, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Servers.
    Services World Wide: US, UK, Europe & Asia
    ▊▉ True 24x7 Support

i want to transfer from this plan to cloud server as my website get down when it has 200 users online on this package.
    Actually the fact is not like that you if move to cloud from shared you site won't be offline or slowdown. The issue is with your allocated resources. Their economy plan resources (allocated cpu core, ram) might not able to take load of 200 online users. So you need more resources. If you move to cloud and resources are same you won't be benefited.
    AdroitSSD LLC - Incredible™ Hosting Platform| In Business Since 2012 | 24/7 Real Support
    Pure SSD Hosting - 90 Days Moneyback Guarantee! | LiteSpeed + LSCache | 99.95% Uptime | CloudLinux
    SSD KVM VPS - INTENSE™ DDOS Protection |1 Gbit port Speed | LiteSpeed & Softaculous License

Hello i have a website <<snipped>> hosted on godaddy with current plan (Hosting - Web - Economy - Linux cPanel ). i want to transfer from this plan to cloud server as my website get down when it has 200 users online on this package. I dont know cloud hosting will benefit my criteria or not but i have read over internet and found cloud hosting better than shared upto some extent. please suggest me if you know better option as i am also unable to buy vps hosting because i cant afford it . plus what is the method of upgrade from shared to cloud in godaddy? i will be highligh appreciated

Regards
    Umar
    I'd like to know if there is any particular reason why you want to stay with them when you said that you are not getting any convenient support. This should concern you. What will happen when your site encounters a problem, goes down and you need instant support?

Yes, WHT can guide you but your actual help comes from your host, not WHT. They are the ones with access to your server.

You should consider this, too:
    you need more resources. If you move to cloud and resources are same you won't be benefited.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

Since you are moving between various plans within the same provider, it is the responsibility of the provider to help you with this. However if you are planning to do it yourself, there are two ways to get it done.

1) If you have cpanel at your cloud instance, take a full backup from shared and restore it there via WHM

2) If you do not have cpanel, then you will need to upload the files and databases separately, import the database, create email accounts and then configure everything manually.

Basically, I would not prefer to continue with a provider who do not care to help me at all. Not sure what makes you stick there, however there are a lot of shared hosting providers itself who might be happy to help you with the migration. May be you can take a look at the offers section for the various offers.
    Hope Web Host, Fully Managed cPanel Hosting ||
    Shared Web Hosting Reseller Hosting ||
    █ CMS Hosting || Virtual Private Servers ||
    Customer Friendly Staff and Management || 24/7/365 Technical Support

I suppose that the fastest way is to ask your hosts support to do that, nowadays almost any hosts tech staff are offering free migration

Godaddy has both ticket support (via Pro) and phone support.

There's nothing special about "cloud". It's just a standard shared/VPS/dedi account with slightly different hardware configurations. You have the same resource limits with a cloud as you do with traditional hosting.

LiquidWeb is another good option.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||