DataBaseByDesign not returning Billing Email Inquires.

I've been with DataBaseByDesign for only 4 months now. With the exception of the well documented downtime about 2 weeks ago they have been very good with setup and support. I haven't needed any actual support but their support team was always very responsive with my questions regarding service.

Their Billing department however could use a bit of work. Several emails have gone completely unanswered. First regarding a double bill which should have been credited once they received my server, however I let it go since the deal was good enough for one extra month's cost not to matter. This is despite the fact that sales inquires were responded to within an hour to the same email address.

However I sent another email to billing@databasebydesignllc.com 2 weeks ago and it never got responded to, I sent another one 12 hours ago (6am EST), it's now 4pm EST and that hasn't been responded to either. I'm a little surprised considering the quick response of the support team. I generally don't come and post such items on a forum as I would like to retain good relations with a company that's hosting my server however I'm far too busy during the day to call a company and take time away from my own clients. I expect email communication with a company without a support ticket system to be fast and professional. Lack of any response however without a ticketing system is always troubling.

Hopefully this will get noticed and the billing email inbox will get reviewed.

They're pretty active on here so hopefully someone can help you out!
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com

Quote Originally Posted by stringsof12 View Post
    I've been with DataBaseByDesign for only 4 months now. With the exception of the well documented downtime about 2 weeks ago they have been very good with setup and support. I haven't needed any actual support but their support team was always very responsive with my questions regarding service.

Their Billing department however could use a bit of work. Several emails have gone completely unanswered. First regarding a double bill which should have been credited once they received my server, however I let it go since the deal was good enough for one extra month's cost not to matter. This is despite the fact that sales inquires were responded to within an hour to the same email address.

However I sent another email to billing@databasebydesignllc.com 2 weeks ago and it never got responded to, I sent another one 12 hours ago (6am EST), it's now 4pm EST and that hasn't been responded to either. I'm a little surprised considering the quick response of the support team. I generally don't come and post such items on a forum as I would like to retain good relations with a company that's hosting my server however I'm far too busy during the day to call a company and take time away from my own clients. I expect email communication with a company without a support ticket system to be fast and professional. Lack of any response however without a ticketing system is always troubling.

Hopefully this will get noticed and the billing email inbox will get reviewed.
    Hello!

Without any identifiable information I am left to make an educated guess here, but I think I know who you are.

As for the billing credit, yes your account has a credit however if you continue to send us automatic PayPal subscription payments it won't be used as it will get applied, then re-credited. Our recommendation would be to cancel that subscription and let the credit get applied without getting replenished and on the following month restart the subscription if you wish.

As for the other billing question it is regarding price matching if I am not mistaken. We received it but please understand we consider this a lower priority issue than support questions/issues ect. Billing related questions are typically turned around within 24 to 48 hours... not denying we missed your first request as you outlined though.

Database By Design, LLC
    Philadelphia, PA Datacenter (401 North Broad)
    Premium Dedicated Server Hosting, Complex Hosting Solutions and Public/Private Cloud.
    866.488.7770 | Contact Us | www.databasebydesignllc.com

Thank you for the response,

I was unaware that the paypal subscription was preventing my credit from being applied and was unaware a credit was provided. Since no response email was received or noted on my portal, I will adjust my subscription accordingly.

I understand as with any business prioritizing requests is important to critical work flow and best overall customer experience. Please understand my uneasiness and post here was only as a result of none of my Billing inquires receiving a response for the past several weeks. Considering the extremely quick and professional response by your support team, may I recommend an auto-responder to inform individuals that their email has been received and assigned. Your support team sets a high bar and as such not having emails responded to for weeks makes me think they are being ignored by the billing department.

Thank you for your response here, and the excellent service with my server. I look forward to our continue business together.

Happy to see this resolved.
    Last edited by Postbox; 02-15-2016 at 09:32 AM.