Post Suggest Windows VPS provider

Hello Everyone,

I need a Windows VPS server so that I can process and send real time stock market data from there. A server with 3-4 GB RAM and 2 cpu cores should be good.

Can you recommend good windows VPS providers with great support. The location is India so any server in Asia will be preferred.

I tried GoDaddy but after 1 year of usage I started facing problems off late. So I wish to shift to another hoster.

Thank you,

GR

What kind of the problems they were? Perhaps now you have grown and just need to upgrade your plan? I would recommend you to discuss that with your web hosting provider first and then decide what to do. Most likely you will have everything sorted out with your current host.
    --> http://www.webhostingzone.org/
    --> Secure and Reliable Web Hosting Services - cPanel / CloudLinux / Softaculous - Atlanta Data Center
    --> VPS Hosting, Linux Support, SSL certificates and more!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneWHZ View Post
    What kind of the problems they were? Perhaps now you have grown and just need to upgrade your plan? I would recommend you to discuss that with your web hosting provider first and then decide what to do. Most likely you will have everything sorted out with your current host.
    The server went down for 2 hours a few weeks ago. And yesterday it went down again for 7 hours. This caused problems. The hosting company support team said they have raised ticket to engineers in USA and have to wait for the reply. The whole thing took 7 hours. This way I will lose my business.

LiquidWeb is easily the best there is. Support is at the main location, so any issues can be resolved by a tech walking up to your box.

Godaddy's managed Windows VPS is actually pretty decent. I've never encountered downtime more than few minutes, and infrequent at that. If they had to contact the NOC, it probably wasn't a basic issue. Most likely it was hardware. That happens.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    LiquidWeb is easily the best there is. Support is at the main location, so any issues can be resolved by a tech walking up to your box.

Godaddy's managed Windows VPS is actually pretty decent. I've never encountered downtime more than few minutes, and infrequent at that. If they had to contact the NOC, it probably wasn't a basic issue. Most likely it was hardware. That happens.
    Liquidweb is too expensive. Need to look for alternates. How is Amazon Web services?

AWS is the biggest cloud provider, they're pretty much the gold standard in the industry. But I believe they are more expensive than Liquidweb. Don't forget to calculate bandwidth costs with AWS, this is often overlooked but it can be a big part of your total monthly costs.
    ZerOne Hosting
    The experts on Windows VPS Services

You should mention your approximate budget here so that people can provide you more options and suggestions.

Post budget

My max budget is $60. I am in talks with AWS, maybe one of the server may work out. Lets see ...

Quote Originally Posted by greatchap View Post
    My max budget is $60. I am in talks with AWS, maybe one of the server may work out. Lets see ...
    Sounds good - let us know how things proceed. If you do get a ~4G RAM server from AWS in Asia, it'd be fantastic - however, I am unsure if they have any "managed" plans which will provide you with "great support"! Also, do ensure that you factor the costs of bandwidth as well (it is not included in their base pricing).
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by Softsys Hosting View Post
    Sounds good - let us know how things proceed. If you do get a ~4G RAM server from AWS in Asia, it'd be fantastic - however, I am unsure if they have any "managed" plans which will provide you with "great support"! Also, do ensure that you factor the costs of bandwidth as well (it is not included in their base pricing).
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. I think a 4 GB RAM server will cost at around $75 in Asia. I am going for 1 tad lower and thats going to cost me $38 (approx). 15 GB outgoing bandwidth is free. I will know in the first month how much i will use but i don't think the outgoing bandwidth should be too high. The only thing I am worried about is support. Until I go for developer support or business support (which are pricy) I think I shouldnt expect much from them. Since its easy to upgrade or downgrade, I think I should get an idea in the first month itself.

AWS for Windows? That'll never end well.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

* surprised

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    AWS for Windows? That'll never end well.
    Why is that so?

If you need a Windows VPS is India and If you can afford $75/mo then look for a dedicated server with free windows OS. If I am right then I think you will get a 100GB bandwidth under this price.

I don't know If you can really find a dedicated server with 4GB RAM under $75(In INR - 5000/m) + 14% service tax but If unable to find dedicated server then look for VPS.

If you search in google and did not find good result then look at page 2, 3, 4 because of some of company spend money on marketing so they listed on #1 and good company's listed on 2nd or 3rd page.
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Dedicated Server in India with 4GB RAM would cost more than $100 per month. But a Windows VPS with 4GB RAM can be availed within $75 per month.

I dunno why kpmedia said "AWS for Windows? That'll never end well."

My concern with various hosting providers in India is quality. I am currently using hostgator and go daddy. Last month my GoDaddy server was down for 2 hours. And a week ago it was down for 6 hours and it badly effected my work.

It is difficult to get dedicated server under $100 or $150 I think. With VPS hosting there are some companies that are giving 4GB or 5 GB ram for $70 - $80. But at Amazon I can also get a similar configuration for that price (or slightly higher) which would include a SSD drive.

For e.g. Godaddy gives for $80. All it tells us in website is ram and storage. It does not tell us CPU threads and HDD type. *********** gives for $80 as well. Only B4uindia and microhost are slightly cheaper but I have no idea about them. I chose amazon as I think they are world leader in cloud and servers. This server will not be used by anyone except us.

What do you think?

If you're going with AWS check Azure too. Similar pricing, better disk speeds (last time I checked at least).
    ZerOne Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by greatchap View Post
    It is difficult to get dedicated server under $100 or $150 I think. With VPS hosting there are some companies that are giving 4GB or 5 GB ram for $70 - $80. But at Amazon I can also get a similar configuration for that price (or slightly higher) which would include a SSD drive.
    The only option that I was able to track on AWS for "Windows" in Singapore location is their options from m3.medium and above which comes to around $115/m with 4G SSD - excluding bw / support costs.

I understand that you need best hosting option in your budget but I'll really recommend you to opt for a host that aligns with your requirements as not all hosts are good for everything. Since you originally mentioned about having "great support", you really need to find a host who has expertise in providing support for Windows systems and does not charge massively.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOne Hosting View Post
    If you're going with AWS check Azure too. Similar pricing, better disk speeds (last time I checked at least).
    I use AWS and Azure extensively and I have always found AWS to have faster IO and processors in the same price range, especially when using the AWS general purpose SSD options. AWS really runs away (price wise) from azure if you can commit to 1-3 years of service. Just be sure you know all the costs associated with the way you will use the service before committing. 3 months of active service should give you a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PCTechMe View Post
    I use AWS and Azure extensively and I have always found AWS to have faster IO and processors in the same price range, especially when using the AWS general purpose SSD options. AWS really runs away (price wise) from azure if you can commit to 1-3 years of service. Just be sure you know all the costs associated with the way you will use the service before committing. 3 months of active service should give you a good idea.
    Never tried the SSD options, so no idea about that. The standard instances of Azure however I remember being much faster in terms of storage speeds. Maybe that's changed by now, it's been at least a year since I tried them. Still, with hourly billing the OP can try both with minimal costs.
    ZerOne Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOne Hosting View Post
    Never tried the SSD options, so no idea about that. The standard instances of Azure however I remember being much faster in terms of storage speeds. Maybe that's changed by now, it's been at least a year since I tried them. Still, with hourly billing the OP can try both with minimal costs.
    I was thinking of the time based pricing too. The OP mentioned the stock market. If the server only needs to run during market hours then AWS or Azure could be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by PCTechMe View Post
    I was thinking of the time based pricing too. The OP mentioned the stock market. If the server only needs to run during market hours then AWS or Azure could be ideal.
    True, but most use automated tools and these usually require someone to actually login, start them up and leave them running. Few run as a service that's automatically started.
    ZerOne Hosting

Well AWS is cheaper than Azure. A t2 medium costs $75 (ssd included) which is good enough while same config in Azure is higher. I will try aws and lets see how it is. My only worry is support which i will only need if there is a problem in the server. For e.g it has been over 24 hours and my account in aws has still not been activated. Basic support (free) is crap and the only way out is to contact a sales guy and ask for help.

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. My account is active now and I am able to use it. I am evaluating the free tier stuff right now. Once I get a hang then will purchase a server. AWS is more like a self help thing. So I guess I should go through documentation mentioned in its website.

Cheers.