Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What is the best way to receive web hosting customers?

I have a website hosting company that i have been trying for a few months to gain customers. I have been able to gain a few, but not much. I was wondering if anybody has good friendly suggestions on how to receive customers? I understand that it takes a lot of time to gain a good quantity of customers. Just want to make sure that i am going in the right path.

Depends.

There are a few ways to do it. If you are in the US. Simply going network groups and start networking. Join the chamber and so on. Ask your customers for referrals.

That is going to be the fastest way.

Then you can start posting in forums like this one to build up a rep. Start working on your SEO and getting your site ranked for your site.
    THG - Ingenuity Cloud Services

50+ Data Centers - 35Tbps+ Network Capacity - 130,000+ Customers Worldwide

There is a one word solution for your questions : "Marketing"

There are different types of marketing. Online marketing, adwords marketing, social media marketing, word of mount marketing etc. You can opt whichever suits you the best and you should be able to get customers.

Good luck with your hunting
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || https://www.24x7TechnicalSupport.net || https://www.mxv.net ||

I'd recommend checking all of the threads in this forum you'll get many tips from here.

I always found forum posting to help get your name out whether that's joining in on discussions or posting adverts in the offers section.

You may choose to advertise locally which is going to be easier than gaining customer's online.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Like most businesses upstarts, doing a little market research on what some of your competition is doing maybe some good first steps.

Create a quality service. - Having state of the art technology is great but you also must be able to provide equally superior customer service.

Determine who your customer is. - What types of individuals or business customers are you targeting. You can create a better marketing plan when you know your audience.

Advertising is huge. - Social networking, forums and most important of all, word of mouth. Nothing sells a product like a positive review from someone else. If you have an existing customer that is happy, see if they are willing to create a testimonial about their experience that you can use on your website.
    NEWTEK TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS - LIGHTNING FAST CLOUD SOLUTIONS PROVIDER
    Windows and Linux || Shared Hosting || Dedicated Servers || SSD VPS || Custom Solutions
    24/7/365 On-site Support || cPanel/WHM || Plesk || ColdFusion | Smartermail
    Toll Free: 1-877-323-4678 || sales@newtekwebhosting.com

Team up with some one that designs websites and offer them a discount or a fee per site. Or even a type of reseller so everyone can make money.
    Your IT Heroes
    █ Fully Managed Cloud Shared, Reseller and Semi-Dedicated Hosting.
    » Directadmin | CloudLinux | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | Offsite Backup | MailChannels
    █ UK Phone & Ticket Support

These days, not that easy anymore... if you want to compete, you need to put more money in it.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I think the answer depends on your target customer base. You might be targeting personal bloggers, business owners, web designers, corporate agencies, public sector etc. The answer will change.
    █|||RosenHost | Budget friendly EU and US located web Hosting solutions since 2009
    █||| Colorado | Vegas | California | London | Luxembourg |

I would not overlook your local market, especially new businesses. Every business knows they need an online presence, but a lot of new small mom and pop shops rely all too often on relatives or friends to make recommendations.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

- Personal recommendations / word of mouth
    - Google AdWords

Local advertising will build up a friendly view of your new business. Build relationships and not just try to force a sale. Good luck.

I suppose i'll add my two cents for what it's worth. Look almost anywhere on this forum and you'll find #1 - a way to get or #2 a way to loose customers.

It's all about slow and steady marketing these days and that's simply what it takes. I've seen it many times over where a startup will dump TONS of money on paid advertising in the same locations the big guys do and it simply turns out to be a waste.

Slow and steady wins the race in this industry. Focus on small groups, of quality customers and you'll do well.

Quote Originally Posted by experttechuk View Post
    Team up with some one that designs websites and offer them a discount or a fee per site. Or even a type of reseller so everyone can make money.
    You'd think that this would be easy. But the only "firms" I've found are just looking at me for design work leads.
    MightWeb - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers.
    KVM VPS's - RAID 10 Pure SSD - Windows & Linux - Managed services available
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | Pure SSD | Premium Network | 24x7 Support
    DDoS Protection, R1Soft Hourly Backups, LiteSpeed, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee

This is the age old question, isn't it?

Depending on what your target market is I would suggest the following: Go where they are.

Seriously!

If you're looking for business clients- go to business gatherings, expos, meetings, startup groups, networking events, etc. Hand out business cards left and right, chat people up, offer them a deal, etc.

Start an affiliate program and pay good rates for referrals.

Hammer away at social media- it's free and you can network that way.

Post craigslist ads

Etc, etc, etc...

Above all else focus on providing a great service to your customers. If you do that you will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by HostMyBox View Post
    Build relationships and not just try to force a sale. Good luck.
    This works for us, we try and build a working relationship with all customers especially those who do get in touch and have loads of queries etc. We try and go above and beyond to help and that really makes a difference. Word of mouth, best form of marketing.

Start with friends and family! From there just try asking small local businesses.

If you don't have much of a marketing budget I would recommend what others have said here and that's local marketing. Find the small mom and pop shops and check to see if they have a website. If not, draw up a proposal and give them a visit.
    IO Zoom
    https://www.iozoom.com

Lots of online marketing and getting help from friends and family is key! Calling local businesses is a great idea too and always follow up possible leads when they want to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by experttechuk View Post
    This is a good plan that I want to highlight. But you may need to custom cater each relationship, such as white labeling, plan sizes, and pricing. Some of your partnered designers may want a referral fee, while others may want a monthly commission. Others may even want to collect the recurring revenues directly from the client, and be charged like it was a reseller account. On the bright side, in doing this, you'll likely have to provide less support for their clients, as they will go to the designer first.

You would want to get yourself well acquainted with paid advertising..especially running campaigns through adwords, media buys(buying banner ads). it wont be easy as you will need to learn the basics first!
    bodHOST.com: Fully Managed Hosting Solutions
    + Auto-Scalable Cloud Hosting Services...

Your nor going to receive any clients. In order for you to have clients your going to have to go out there and find then / bring their attention in towards your services. With webhosthing it isn't about building a website configuring some settings and then they magically come in. Your going to have to work even harder now. Try doing some local advertising if you are able to. Make flyers and business cards / a presentation then visit local businesses around your area and explain to them how your services can better their business. You can also pair up with a designer firm and work out deals with people who don't know how to build a websitr. Think outside the box you have to be different offer something others can not offer.

There is a belief: do your best for your current clients and they will send you new clients by word-of-mouth (relatives and friends). So you can concentrate your efforts on providing best services ever and as result get new clients.
    You can consider this way as well.
    --> http://www.webhostingzone.org/
    --> Secure and Reliable Web Hosting Services - cPanel / CloudLinux / Softaculous - Atlanta Data Center
    --> VPS Hosting, Linux Support, SSL certificates and more!

Alternatively you can give your target audience a reason to why they require your service.

Example: Business A no nothing about web hosting or website in general. Explain to them how having a website will be an advantage to them, how they can use it to reach out to their audience. At the same time, promote your service by providing them a solution. Just don't try to hard as some people may not like it and take business elsewhere.

Answer support tickets in less than 10 min. Also make support tickets and upload them to YouTube on regular basis.

In less thank 3 months you will start seeing results.

Just make sure that your server is stable and you respond to the support queries quickly.A happy customer will always spread the word and do the free advertising for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast