Question 1 and 1 Domain service?

Hello,

I normally use enom for my domains but need to register a .media domain and 1 and 1 is offering the lowest.

Other registrar are offering for around $35 but 1 and 1 is offering for $20, I have never used their service so would like to know if it is ok to register with them?

Thanks

Regards
    Hassan

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    Hello,

I normally use enom for my domains but need to register a .media domain and 1 and 1 is offering the lowest.

Other registrar are offering for around $35 but 1 and 1 is offering for $20, I have never used their service so would like to know if it is ok to register with them?

Thanks

Regards
    Hassan
    Did you ask them what would be the price for renewal and if you are allowed to transfer away the domain without renewing with them?

If $15 is not a big deal for you or the domain you will be purchasing is an important domain, you should stick to your existing registrar.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicWeb-shoss View Post
    Did you ask them what would be the price for renewal and if you are allowed to transfer away the domain without renewing with them?

If $15 is not a big deal for you or the domain you will be purchasing is an important domain, you should stick to your existing registrar.
    The cheap price isn't worth dealing with 1&1 shady business model; stick with eNom, you'll be thankful you did.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

You can ask how much would it cost to renew domain name or transfer. That could be a kind of marketing pitch. So be careful. Yes - now you can save, but in a year you might pay double price or even more.
    --> http://www.webhostingzone.org/
    --> Secure and Reliable Web Hosting Services - cPanel / CloudLinux / Softaculous - Atlanta Data Center
    --> VPS Hosting, Linux Support, SSL certificates and more!

If they are selling in low price then must check renewal price as normally companies charge double at renewal time.

35$ is cheap!

1and1 renew cost 40$.
    JABA e.K. | JABA.HOSTING - Email: info@jaba.hosting | Hosting in Germany!

PHP Caching, OPCache & Redis! Speed UP your Site with mod_pagespeed & HTTP/2!
    Manged Nextcloud Hosting | Managed Server | Managed VPS | Domains | Premium Webhosting

I have them for 26 for registration and renewal in my enom account .

All I can say is don't use their DNS servers. We recently requested in their interface a change of nameservers, instead of changing the nameservers, waiting 2 days and removing DNS Records, they first removed the DNS records, then 6 hours later changed the nameservers, leaving the emails and website not working for 6 hours + the domain propagation time.

Their 24/7 support answered quickly but insisted that is was normal and couldn't do anything about it.

I made this exact mistake by signing up with 1and1 for a couple of domains. Their user area is really slow, and they send you invoices with purchase numbers, and does not mention for which domain that particular invoice is for.

They are so outdated. Do not go for them.

1&1 domain controls are shocking. Its very slow and out dated, and doesn't support wildcards! Their pricing is great for the first year, but they sting you after the first offer. I recommend namecheap, you will pay more for the first year but probably less overall. Also their support and control panel are far better.