Cloud storage for data backup

So i am trying to look for solutions for mass data backups. In the 2-3TB range. Which i would need access to recover at least half or more at any given time. Something like amazon's services are great to store the data. But expensive to recover it.

You want to backup 2-3TB of data? Cloud can be expensive.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I'm not exactly set on cloud services. Just looking for options to backup server data

Personally I'd stay away from using cloud to backup that amount of data. As net said, large cloud storage can be very expensive.

Your best bet would be to look at other alternatives such as a dedicated machine with multiple hard drives and a raid. I'm sure you can find a medium spec dedicated server with hard disk drive storage fairly cheaply.

You can buy simple ftp backup storage
    or storage servers/vps

how about a cheap kimsufi (2tb hdd, € 16.99 excl. VAT )server to store the backup, or one of OVH's storage servers (3x4tb soft raid £55.99 excl. VAT/month) ?

Use them myself for backups and have never had an issue.

Hi,

For cheap cloud storage, you can try the Hubic service that is provided by OVH.

They are offering 10TB storage for just 50 €/Year.

You can see details here: https://hubic.com/en/offers/

Quote Originally Posted by kaugustino View Post
    So i am trying to look for solutions for mass data backups. In the 2-3TB range. Which i would need access to recover at least half or more at any given time. Something like amazon's services are great to store the data. But expensive to recover it.
    Have you looked into google drive for storage? Backupsy is also a popular choice on WHT?
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

I use Hubic personally and currently store over 1tb, but it is really slow and I have tried to recover big chunks of data before and it hasn't been great... I wouldn't suggest you use it if you need access to large backups fast. Restoring the occasional file would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pedrojose View Post
    Hi,

For cheap cloud storage, you can try the Hubic service that is provided by OVH.

They are offering 10TB storage for just 50 €/Year.

You can see details here: https://hubic.com/en/offers/

I would recommend you to consider Storage servers & VPS. Choosing Cloud Storage is expensive and data recovery is slow while considering the mass data.

Have you try Hetzner Storage Box? -> https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/pr...-produktmatrix
    JABA e.K. | JABA.HOSTING - Email: info@jaba.hosting | Hosting in Germany!

PHP Caching, OPCache & Redis! Speed UP your Site with mod_pagespeed & HTTP/2!
    Manged Nextcloud Hosting | Managed Server | Managed VPS | Domains | Premium Webhosting

they will limit Hubic to 10 mbps
    - do it your self.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kaugustino View Post
    In the 2-3TB range.
    2TB of Cloud storage can get pretty costly. You'd save some money if you go with a dedicated server.

For cloud backup Amazon might be the best bet.
    Though it would be probably more cheaper to have two backups in a separate non-cloud locations than one in cloud.
    :: Web hosting services since 2002
    :: BACKUP SPIDER - Truly affordable cPanel powered storage space - OwnCloud available.
    :: Geohost.fi - Load balanced and geotargeted web hosting (EU/US/Asia).

Hetzner has introduced Storage Boxes a while ago which are quite affordable.
    https://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/pr...-produktmatrix
    11.78 euro for 2TB is a great price.

What about partnering with another company. I'm not sure if they do exactly what you're looking for but Avtex, IVDesk, Computer Integration Technologies are a few in the MN area that might do what you're looking for at a more affordable rate than AWS.
    www.vxchnge.com
    Serving New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, Minnesota, Oregon, & California
    clongo@vxchnge.com

Have you check out backblaze ?

https://www.backblaze.com/b2/cloud-storage.html
    Alan Woo, alan [@] ne.com.sg
    = NewMedia Express Pte Ltd (AS38001)
    = IP Transit, Colocation & Dedicated Servers in Singapore | Hong Kong | Tokyo | Seoul | Jakarta |
    = Singapore Speedtest speedtest.sg

I'd suggest some sort of attached storage and then back that up to Glacier. That gives you really cheap, fast backup and recovery and if the worst was to happen you could recover from Glacier.