Special character .com domain? (One letter)

I came accross some interesting domain names. These are one letter domains, usully with some odd character, for example:
    ß.com
    Is it worth buying this kind of domains and how much are they selling for?

Personally, from a plain customer's p.o.v. - I'm no provider, reseller or anything similar - I see those kind of names the same way I do the new tlds: niche things who may be of interest to some domain brokers and will never become really popular - averages users will keep choosing the usual tlds (.com, .net, .org, .info, etc.).
    I don't know their price...and, no offense, I don't care either; you can buy those domains...but to what goal? Imo they cannot be used for any real site and, as I mentioned, I don't see them as something worth reselling.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Single-letter domain names cannot be leased for popular domain endings. They are either blocked or already leased by others. Unless your marketing budget is extremely big I recommend to rather stick with a generic domain name that contains the two most important keywords of your offer. That is because you can only be successful with an awkward domain name when you advertise it big, which is quite costly.

I alredy own the domain, i was just asking around so i know what is the price range for these when they are put on sale.
    Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-Panther View Post
    I alredy own the domain
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink-Panther View Post
    for example:ß.com
    I'm a client interested in your services. Tell me, verbally, what your domain name is so I can go look.

That pretty much explains it's worth, to me anyway.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I'm a client interested in your services. Tell me, verbally, what your domain name is so I can go look.

That pretty much explains it's worth, to me anyway.
    I would like to send you a message so you can take a look.

Send me a message? No, you misunderstand, possibly.
    If you're talking to someone, how to tell them your URL?

"Oh, it's a XX character; you type in this odd key combination along with .com and there you go. Simple!" (not)
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Oh, i see now.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Send me a message? No, you misunderstand, possibly.
    If you're talking to someone, how to tell them your URL?

"Oh, it's a XX character; you type in this odd key combination along with .com and there you go. Simple!" (not)
    Yep.
    Reason why average users will always go with .com, .net and such.
    My "ranking" is kidding.

The "ß" definitely means nothing in German e.g. It is only a transcription of "ss" (the letters, not the Nazi symbol), like in "Straße" (= street) and used when the vowel before it is pronounced "long". Swiss German does not know an ß, so the use of an ß.* domain will be very limited. A domain like that likely has no special value.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitpalace View Post
    [....] the use of an ß.* domain will be very limited. A domain like that likely has no special value.
    It has zero value imo; I truly can't envision anybody who could be interested in that domain.
    My "ranking" is kidding.

It depends on the character. For example If one letter is Chinese char, then it might be worth in China. Similar to other languages. So please make a decision based on the char you got.