Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Quote Originally Posted by nforce-corporate View Post
    I've been emailing penton for weeks about a few issues with our corporate account so I indeed hope you're wrong
    I don't mean to speak ill of anyone being overworked which I'm guessing is the case, but to be frank, we've been emailing them for months trying to get what I would call a rather straight forward issue taken care of (we were double charged for our corporate membership) and we're lucky if we get a response at all (generally we don't). Dennis has been very helpful putting me in touch with the right people, but after speaking with people in billing months ago, there has yet to be a resolution. Admittedly I don't have much time to stay on this particular issue, but I've tried to make a point of following up via some method (by phone or email) once a week for ~3 months now and again, still no resolution (or even a hint at a resolution coming our way).

If you are also experiencing issues with communicating with Penton's administration team, I'd guess its a pretty regular occurrence as our experience has not been very good.
    BigScoots.com - 98% of Clients Stay With Us Forever
    Offering Fully Managed Shared & Reseller Hosting
    Specializing in Managed WordPress, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    Opened 2010 & 100% Positively Reviewed Since | 100% Network Uptime

Quote Originally Posted by nforce-corporate View Post
    I've been emailing penton for weeks about a few issues with our corporate account so I indeed hope you're wrong
    Sorry you're having issues. Could you send me that email? I'll make sure it gets to the right people for you. dennis.johnson@penton.com
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    Sorry you're having issues. Could you send me that email? I'll make sure it gets to the right people for you. dennis.johnson@penton.com
    We've been emailing for the past few days indeed, i hope it gets solved quickly now

Please update the outdated design/skin. I also dont see standard social sharing and like buttons.
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

If you've got something on your mind that would make WHT a better experience for you, please post your suggestions to the 2016 Site Enhancements Wish List located at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1546077. Click the X to the right if you no longer wish to see this notice.
    OK, so if you are sincere in feedback for making Webhosting Talk a better place for me, I really hate your automated system for dealing with infractions. First one has to figure out how it works (a community leader sent me a link where to register). Then navigate to a completely different URL, register for that section with all of one's information from scratch, as though one hasn't been a member before, then complete a very long and onerous question and answer form. I'd be very interested to see how many posts and traffic you've lost at Webhosting Talk for using this system of addressing minor infractions. It most definitely discouraged me from posting here.

This would have worked better for me and will probably be better for the staff too as you'd receive much fewer inquiries:

1. If I click on the infraction link in my profile (i.e. the little number "1" in infractions should be a link) I should be able to go straight to a page that gives every detail of the infraction, why it was made and what it is about. On that same form should be a response button for responding to the infraction if the person wishes to respond to it. The response button should take the person directly to a form for completing, but as simple as possible without needing to register to the equivalent of a new member registration. Only a simple space for responding to the infraction.

2. The non-lethal nature of that specific infraction relative to the way it is presented equal to all infractions and dealing with it as a major offense is a bad idea if Webhosting Talk is interested in receiving quality posts. How many members have unwittingly received an infraction when they were trying to help other members?

In my case I never received a PM (only an e-mail). Since I was not expecting an infraction, as I've never received one before, I was only aware I had one when I saw the little No. 1 against my profile. Then since there was no PM in my Inbox to say I was issued with an infraction, was completely mystified as to the reason for it - it had to be a mistake! I then queried the infraction very innocently, with irritating consequences - the community leader wouldn't give me an answer as to what the infraction was about, except a link of where to register an inquiry to find out what it was about. At the end of the frustrating registration process, I still didn't have an idea of what the infraction was about. Until one day (about a week or two after) when I was looking for another e-mail in my e-mail junk folder also found one from Webhosting Talk and couldn't believe what the infraction was for! An enormous storm in a tea cup that could have been dealt with in a much MUCH simpler and user-friendly way. A simple warning would probably have been enough.

This is probably impossible and has been discussed before, but has any thought been given to moving to a different forum platform? I've been a big fan of XenForo, but I'm sure WHT has a ton of custom development made to it that would be a huge undertaking to refactor for a new application. I think it would be worth it, but then again I'm not WHT staff. That's about all the feedback I have
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftModders View Post
    XenForo
    Not to disparage that choice, but I certainly hope not. While it may be ok for visitors/members, it's really awful from a moderation point of view. I used to moderate on a forum that moved to that and stepped down because of it. It's not for everyone.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Minor: Stop using cliche stock-art on tweets, if an image adds no values then don't include it, e.g. you dont need to include the PHP logo when making a tweet about PHP, or some photoshopped data center picture when asking about $25 dedicated servers..
    MattF - Since the start..

Love the new overlay banner that doesnt work on mobile, desperately need to get penton to sort their act befoe adding more crap, this is making slashdot demise look undeserved
    Last edited by MattF; 04-28-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Grr again, do these people at penton actually test anything, big chinese banner for some hosting convention that isn't responsive . Sad times.

Does your social media person realize that you can tweet without images, there's one thing with generic pictures of server but this is getting a little pointless now? (attached)

Also see the HostingCon china overlay banner still isn't responsive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Selection_087.jpg  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456