hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Billing Clients

Forum Jump

Billing Clients

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2000, 12:35 AM
Karl

Question

Are there any company that will handle the billing for you? Charging of CC monthly.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2000, 02:37 AM

Dear Karl,

There are companies that do that; however, that might not be the most financially feasible route. If you do setup as a reseller, it is a real business. Just like you were the primary service provider, you will need to setup a rock solid billing system. A calendar will work at for (this is how we started) and then once you obtain more customers you can move to a more automated database based system.

You will want to set yourself up with a credit card processor. This requires a merchant credit account and some hefty hardware, software, and service fees. However, you can use a service such as paypal.com to get started with little to no overhead. You will need to submit your customers’ billing information to the credit card processor each time you wish to bill them. You should also print and mail receipts (or at least an e-mail acknowledgment of charges).

There are many aspects that you will need to workout (as does anyone who is starting a business). Be sure to keep very accurate and detailed records. It is important to never miss a billing date. The cash flow is the lifeblood of the business!

Best regards,
Frank Rietta

Old 04-01-2000, 03:06 AM
Karl

Unhappy

I don't live in the U.S. so paypal.com may not work for me. Is there anyone here who have is using a merchant account that allows non-US residents?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2000, 06:15 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Frank, I've been looking at paypal...looks great for USA based clients and resellers. Have you actually used it and recieved the funds? Has anyone else used paypal to bill hosting customers? Tell us of your experiences.

Old 04-01-2000, 08:27 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Go to IBILL - www.ibill.com you can use them regardless whether you are a US citizen or not. They will just send you the check.

Old 04-01-2000, 09:15 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks Gordon for me the USA isnt a problem and you are right iBill is international... the downside being the fees charged compared to paypal...or at least what I'd seen of paypal

Old 04-01-2000, 04:50 PM

My company has never used PayPal.Com, but I mentioned them since I have read that they are good.

We use a company called RegSoft.Com. Their normal rates are too high and they are not really designed to work with service purchases. We work with the company on negotiated rates and setup. It would be improper for me to give the details of our arrangement.

Old 04-03-2000, 01:45 AM
Just Helping

PayPal.com is good for sending/recieve payments for Auctions at Yahoo, eBay, Amazon etc but it's limited to USA. I have a other simpilar to PayPal but it's called iescrow and it's more powerful and you can accept ALL CC (AMEX, Discover, Diners, Mastercard, VISA) and Wire Transfers. But they charge you a small fee starting at $1.25 upto any amount depends on the request of fund. Though you can try at: http://www.iescrow.com/

Old 04-03-2000, 05:15 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

If you read the terms and conditions for iescrow they specifically exclude services such as web design. While seeming to be a good service for the supply of physical items they are not the solution (unless you break the rules and risk your money) for hosting and services.

Old 05-13-2000, 05:45 PM
being

i use ccslide.com

Old 05-14-2000, 02:42 PM
Chicken

another non-merchant account service like ccslide.com is instabill.com which I use.

Old 06-15-2000, 08:51 AM
Junior Guru

I would wholeheartedly recommend www.worldpay.com to anyway. They allow you to bill in US dollars, and receive payment in your own currency. They also only charge £125pa (they are UK based I think) for the service, and 4.5% per transaction. I haven't seen better anywhere else.

The only downside is that the fill-in-your-card-details page sits on their domain, which might not be what you want. Another good one is Bibit (www.bibit.com), who mainly deal in Euro's.

Old 06-16-2000, 06:39 AM

We have a PayPal Business Account (a new service they started) for a backup system, just to handle some of our clients who do not have credit cards. Other than being pretty slow with the batch transfers, one of the things that everyone should be wary of is that a personal money transfer account makes you liable for the income you receive at tax time. That's why they all want your SSI at signup. You should always make sure you opt for a business account status if you want to transfer large amounts over time and stay out of hot water with these services.

While it is a very costly expense to get setup with a legitimate merchant provider, if you're going to provide a strong service to your clients, you need to offer a real merchant process for them to pay by. It might mean that you have to wait a few more days to do your startup, but it's just the cost of doing business. Besides, how do you think it's going to affect your business if you have all those extra steps involved to sign someone up for service?

Something like a PayPal should only be used as a convenience for special situations. Our merchant agreement also has another benefit that may be worth consideration ... some of the providers allow you to buy a "global" license which allows you to offer a substantial discount, or markup when you provide a merchant solution to your hosted clients.

If you're going to be in this business long, you'll find that most business sites (especially if you provide design) will require that in time. So, there's a great chance that you can add a serious profit center to your services at the same time!

The point is, what you don't provide ... you loose!

Just a thought!
Alex

------------------
AV Host Support
http://www.atlantavirtual.com
Open your world ... Online!

Old 06-19-2000, 07:52 PM
Notr

Talking

Is there a company that would allow for a webhosting company and send them a reply and a bunch of stuff that makes customers happy :p

I hear http://cybercash.com/ is pretty godd and it does just that.

What do you guys suggest

Old 06-20-2000, 12:40 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

As far as I know cybercash is just a gateway to allow you to process charges in real-time through an existing merchant account (with another processor) You have a merchant account with a company, say Total Merchant Services, that supports cybercash, then sign-up with cybercash (which is free) - and you can send transactions to cybercash, which then validates them through your merchant acct provider (TMS in this case). Your merchant acct provider will charge you more for this (like $10 a month) but cybercash itself is free. We use it.

Chris Marks
http://www.netfronts.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
iScripts Listing 2014-04-24 09:31:50
WHMCS Releases Version 5.2 of Web Hosting Billing Solution Web Hosting News 2013-04-14 22:35:37
AWS Offers Customers Granular Cloud Billing Option Web Hosting News 2012-12-14 13:09:45
Web Host Asia Web Services Launches Cloud Platform with Hourly Billing Web Hosting News 2012-07-13 14:59:33
Web Host eUKhost Moves Billing System to New Server After Hacker Breach Web Hosting News 2012-04-30 10:21:08