Thread: GOOGLE awords

GOOGLE awords

Hi,

The best thing in google awords placement need to rank on top or normal rank in some inside page.

What is the best???

Thanks
    Last edited by forumtalk; 06-14-2003 at 04:35 AM.
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

depends on your budget and your marketing plan. The "perks" of being on the top, from what I can see:

1) people will see you first... and then click on your banner.
    2) you will be placed on googles "accociate" pages (more people will see your ad).

Bad side:
    people will click on your ad first and drive up the cost of you putting it there... then they will click on the other ads to "compare" cost, etc. How many of us go to a website and say "I want that" without doing some shopping around? Not many.

I have a couple of adverts on adwords. I don't see that they provide a substantial amount of income for the cost. I hate to say it but my "old way" of sending out a letter through the post office brings more business than google does... for about the same per month price -- but sending out letters is more work.

I refuse to use e-mail for marketing except: newsletter and asking sites to trade links. When I ask a site to trade links I normally put the name of my site and their site in the body of the e-mail to ensure they do not think it is spam. No one has yet. I also keep a list and NEVER send them another letter. Takes longer to do this, but I have a very good response rate... with no one upset, calling me a spammer. Oh, and I only send to business e-mail addresses. I also already have their site listed on my site and a link to my link page directly in the e-mail. That way they see that I've already took the time to list their site.

WHAT EVER YOU DO HAVE A MARKETING PLAN!!!!!
    Last edited by hekwu; 06-14-2003 at 02:04 PM.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Re: GOOGLE awords

Originally posted by ComCities
    The best thing in google awords placement need to rank on top or normal rank in some inside page.
    I would stay away from Google adwords. It's a waste of money IMO.

Regards,

Eric
    VDS-Terra
    Powerful yet affordable Virtual Dedicated Servers
    http://www.vds-terra.com/
    WHT promo code: WHT-FX94

I agree, I tried google adwords and it didnt' really work for me. I would recommend local advertising . It can give you a great boost in sales .
    PingPros LLC | International Network Consultant & Internet Service Provider
    Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, BGP, OSPF, Windows, Linux, and Mac Consulting services | Internet Service Provider
    High Quality Services at a very competitive price!

The one thing you must remember is that ad words is not instant sales. It is known that a typical customer must see your ad or visit your site up to 10 times before you will make that sale. That is why a good letter with the url... then you get to join your newsletter... boom. This is part of your marketing plan... the plan on how you are going to get the customers to see your product. It is also the reason behind spam. If a customer see the spam enough then see your ad someplace else, they might purchase.

Very few of us have a product that a customer will see and automatically purchase. I've had my business for 7 years and I've not had that happen yet. I've had a couple sell very well, but not so well that I would find it hard to keep the product in stock.

You should market and expect to see results in between 2 to 6 months.... not 15 days.

Marketing is an art.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!