Question Can raq3 handle this?

I have a raq 3 with 128 MB ram. I am hosting web sites, and one of my client sites (that I am moving to our new dedicated) is using about 2Gigs transfers per month, with high cgi usage (a free counter site). I currently have about 10 other hosted sites, 3 of which are using some light cgi as well. My question is, for those of you with experience, can my raq handle this site without slowing my other sites down horribly? I was hoping to host about 100 sites on the server, is this a realistic expectation?
    Thanks for your info,
    David Kiley

A raq 4 is a big jump if you can make it. (something like 35% more power) as RAQ 3 only has 300 intel compat processor and RAQ 4 has 450.

It should be able to handle 70-100 sites no problem, my tip for the day:

Allow mySQL and PHP on all of the sites, that way your members have a choice between that and CGI, dont offer it and it will only be CGI - (Message boards are killers)

Hope this helps.

RaQ3 - AMD 300
    RaQ4 - AMD450
    David Smith

I just heard that RaQ are not very efficient with I/O.

I only run a single site on my RaQ but most of my members complain that it is really slow.

Is there a way to speed up the perl execution without hardware upgrade. I'm using 288MB RAM should I upgrade? Will it make that much differents?

Talking Thanks

Thanks for your input, everyone. It seems to be handling the new site fine.

DK

I just heard that RaQ are not very efficient with I/O.
    Make sure you disk is properly tuned. Use the program hdparam to find out about your disk. Some versions of Linux do not enable UDMA by default, thus giving you only 3-4MB/sec of read time. Enabling UDMA can get you up to 13MB/sec.

Search the net for hdparam tutorials.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

I suggest getting a unix box with at least a PIII 900 and 512 ram. Raq3 can not be trusted with high CGI usage.
    Review of top hosting companies. List of Budget hosting.
    http://www.webhostingvillage.com