Thread: Web host help

Web host help

Hi,

I am lookig for a host that offers the following, and on a limited budget of £20 per month.

PHP4, mySQL, 30GB Bandwidth (or more) per month, 300MB webspace, with unlimited FTP access.

Is this possible and can someone reccomend some hosts please?

I have been looking at 1&1's Pro package, but is says 40.000MB per month is that 40GB? And are they reliable?

Thanks

Post us a url if ya could please? 40,000 MB is almost 40 GB, just a bit shy 40 GB= 40960 MB

Re: Web host help

Originally posted by wdude
    . . . . . . Is this possible and can someone reccomend some hosts please?

I have been looking at 1&1's Pro package, but is says 40.000MB per month is that 40GB? And are they reliable?

Thanks
    Just a reminder that he's looking for recommendations.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

have been looking at 1&1's Pro package, but is says 40.000MB per month is that 40GB? And are they reliable?
    He also asked if they were reliable and I wanted to get the url to look at their site

http://oneandone.co.uk is the host he is referring to.

You might also want to look into United Hosting since you're in the UK.

http://unitedhosting.co.uk
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Originally posted by CrazyTech
    He also asked if they were reliable and I wanted to get the url to look at their site
    You missed the posts I removed.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

wdude: I use UnitedHosting.co.uk
    when you go to there website you see that their largest webhosting package is less than your budget but less than the bandwidth you are looking for. Their reseller plan has the bandwidth for you but is 3 pounds higher than your budget. Talk to them and see if they will do a custom package (as they have done in the past) for you.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

UnitedHosting do, do custom packages. I'm sure you could work something out.

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the help so far.. I think that I will look into UnitedHosting.co.uk further there Reseller Pro seems ecellent value!

Just a few quick questions about UnitedHosting,

How long do they take to setup your account with a new domain? Is there even a setup fee?

If I were to use the reseller plan to resell in the future, would I get a set amount of bandwidth for each domian I register? Also do they charge additional fees for domains that you register to resell?

Thanks again

I would recomend Fishbowlnetwork.com. They are great. I have been with them for a while. I think they do custom plans to. E-Mail admin@fishbowlnetwork.com and he might be able to get a custom plan up..

Although its a USA host it still does money conversions.
    MrWatchDawg
    Http://www.tech-critic.com
    tccom@tech-critic.com
    AIM: MrWatchDawg

Originally posted by wdude
    Hi,

Just a few quick questions about UnitedHosting,

How long do they take to setup your account with a new domain? Is there even a setup fee?

If I were to use the reseller plan to resell in the future, would I get a set amount of bandwidth for each domian I register? Also do they charge additional fees for domains that you register to resell?

Thanks again
    Hi,

Our domain charges for registering domain are on our site. You have to pay to register each domain you wish to use. Although you can go to places likes godaddy and register a domain and still use it with our hosting (dont have to buy the domain from us).

The way reselling works is you get a control panel so you can allocate set amounts of bandwidth and space to each site from the amount you have purchased with the reseller plan.

Hope that clears some of your questions up. Feel free to contact us directly if you need any further assistance.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.