Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down LOL! These guys R CRAZY!

Global Internet Solutions (GISol.com) updated now their plans. The cheapest plan (7,95$ per month) has 150GB bandwidth per month! LOL, these guys r clowns. They think that we r st*pid!

(I expect at least one reply 15 seconds after I press the submit button)
    Last edited by some12k; 06-13-2003 at 07:21 AM.

did I make it?

You`re late! 17 Seconds passed! Don`t cheat

I dont see when McDonalds offers 1 cent frys get called stupid or clowns.(I dont know if they do this in other states or just around were i live)

Well,
    I was thinking "that's something they might be able to pull, with very cheap bandwidth (too lazy to do the math)". For instance , Stargate posted an offer like that on WHT a couple days ago.
    However, they also offer 1 GB disk space....so... LOL
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Originally posted by numba1stunna
    I dont see when McDonalds offers 1 cent frys get called stupid or clowns.(I dont know if they do this in other states or just around were i live)

Because when you go in for those 1 cent frys, you are also going to buy a $1.50 coke and a $2.50 sandwich. There is really nothing else to buy after you have purchased your reseller account, maybe an upgrade, but I imagine those prices are about the same.

Hell, if they can really offer that & at the speeds their running, I may just join. lol

To bad this offer is only for today.

Originally posted by Musaca
    Hell, if they can really offer that & at the speeds their running, I may just join. lol

To bad this offer is only for today.
    You are exactly the type they are looking for.

Exactly, someone they can get to sign up for the service, then terminate your account for excessive use after you cross a certain amount of transfer which won't be much. Then they walk away with your money.

You know I find it very hard to believe & so does everyone else I may add, that ever really good offer, is not lagit. God knows, that I could never use that much bandwidth. I may host a few "opne source" programs, but nothing like an iso, such as rat hat linux or anything.

rat hat linux? What's wrong with red hat?

Let's try this another way: Everyone knows McDonalds actually has enough fries to sell them for .01, especially considering that's only valid along with another purchase. What I can't understand is how anyone who's spent more than a few minutes looking into hosting wouldn't also know that GISol cannot in any way actually provide 150gb transfer for $7.95/mo (0.05 per gb) and stay in business. It is flat out impossible, since bandwidth cannot be purchased anywhere near that cheaply.

Sure, YOU won't use 150gb, but anyone else could host a download mirror to a game site (or linux isos) and use 150gb in a single day. You can rest assured that anyone who does this will be terminated with some outright lie about "using too many server resources".
    http://www.srohosting.com
    Stability, redundancy and peace of mind

There are good legit offers out there Musaca, its just at .05/ per GB for Bandwidth it is impossible. If it is too good to be true, than most likely it is.

What's wrong with offering 1gig of space ?
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Nothing is wrong with 1 gig of space, it is just offering 150 GB for 7.95 that is the problem.

Proven Satisfaction!

It's no wonder why we are chosen as one of the worlds leading providers in 2003!

I sent them an email asking them about how long they've been in business and other questions just to test their support out and they emailed me back with stuff that has NOTHING to do with what I asked about. That's pretty stupid.. lol
    "You become what you think about"

Also... Mcdonald's doesn't have to provide support for the fries they sell

LOL, well, if you read through their TOS, I believe you will then understand why they could afford to give out so much bandwidth.

It is actually catchy you see, and slim chance you will get to suck up 150GB BW.

To avoid unfair resource distribution at no time shall Customer upload any file larger than 10 megabyte.
    You need 15k users to download your 10MB file in order to reach that given limit.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. A search of WHT(gisol.com) and the BBB(Global Internet Solutions) will show you how they can offer that type of plan.

Hmm yeah about what I'd expect for a NICKEL a gig...

Bureau File Experience
    We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record.

Complainants allege that the company failed to provide the promised service, that customer service was lacking or unavailable, that the company failed to respond to emails or technical support tickets. Some customers complained that the service was slow or did not operate at all.

The company generally failed to respond to the specific complaint allegations, but in some cases did state that if the customer requested a refund they did supply one in accordance with the contract. Many complaints were closed as unresolved, meaning the customer was not satisfied with the company's response or the company failed to address the complainants allegations. Some complaints are closed as unanswered.

The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend, or disapprove of any company, product, or service.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Reality Hosting
    Also... Mcdonald's doesn't have to provide support for the fries they sell
    They do have to provide support. There are two options,
    1. 1-800-244-6227
    2. Food and Drug Administration.
    Surpass / Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedi
    Hosting and helping you since 2002
    http://surpasshosting.com

You can't compare fries to bandwidth. People eat all their fries, and if they dont, the unused fries cannot be given to someone else. Bandwidth on the other hand....

(though not in this case because 150 isnt "overselling," it's "idiotic")

If you search on WHT you`ll se that GISol is one of the worst hosts.

The funny thing is that they wrote on their site that "Offer Expires 06/13/03" and the date is updated daily! Lol! This means that if you visit tomorrow you`ll se "Offer expires 06/14/03".

At first many time ago they started to provide "unlimited bandwidth" then changed it to 25GB (for the cheapest plan) then 45 and now 150!

Originally posted by some12k
    and the date is updated daily! Lol! This means that if you visit tomorrow you`ll se "Offer expires 06/14/03".
    Oh yeah.
    A well-known ploy.
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast