Back up hosting required

So, I have a dedicated server with backup. I was using Amazon S3 in addition to this, but the cost went crazy. I want a simple monthly fee to pay for either cloud or ftp backup which I can access. My server would be configured to backup once a week or month etc to this.
    Data if replaced each month instead of stacking would be 1TB or less...
    Anyone can help?

This has been discussed here before so you'll find quite a bit of information if you search.

Cloud backup is indeed expensive but it does have the advantage of being highly available and very quick to deploy, which are important considerations for a business site.

The cheapest solution I've found apart from that is to make your own "cloud" in the form of a NAS appliance (I use a Synology DS213j with a 3TB disc). Assuming you've already got a decent internet connection you can use a simple script to make "time machine" style backups to NAS that cost you nothing apart from the initial hardware cost (and about 7W of power when active). The main drawback is that it can take many hours to restore such a backup.

I also use cheap storage attached to my VPS for daily backups - 2 TB for 10 euros/month from transip.eu. They can be restored very quickly if the VPS fails (but not if there's a network failure, obviously).

In both cases I dump database contents to files first so the backup includes that. Having backups in two formats and two locations minimises the chance of total loss.

The sort of backup you discuss where data is replaced once a month would be a useful additional option but I would not use this as my primary backup because your backup could easily be corrupted by a virus or other problem without you noticing, and because a month's worth of changes can be a lot to lose. Most backups use some sort of daily/weekly/monthly rotation system to control storage requirements while keeping backup data "fresh".
    Phil McKerracher
    I do server maintenance and troubleshooting

Have you looked into Backupsy?

Hi,

Please let us know your budget so we can suggest best service etc!?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

You could do a simple VPS or dedicated server plan and cron a Unison across the two devices which is very simple to setup and then use a DNS service with failover and you can have yourself not only a backup but redundancy with failover in case of failure of the 1st server.
    ULTRA Web Hosting - Superior Owned and Operated Servers - Since 2002
    CloudLinux - Shared | WordPress Optimized | Reseller | VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Seattle Co-location Services | Live Support | Real Green Hosting Provider | Onsite Technicians | Design | SBs | Consultation | Price Guarantee | 24/7/365 Support | Weebly | CloudFlare

Moved > Specialty Hosting and Markets.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Budget Please?
    W3Space Technologies → Affordable Domain & Hosting at Your Fingertips.
    Custom Hosting | Anonymous Offshore DMCA Free Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cheapest VPS | Dedicated Server | Multiple Locations
    24/7 True Support via Live Chat, Ticket, Email, Phone!

What is the budget and location you prefer so we could give you some choices?
    :: Web hosting services since 2002
    :: BACKUP SPIDER - Truly affordable cPanel powered storage space - OwnCloud available.
    :: Geohost.fi - Load balanced and geotargeted web hosting (EU/US/Asia).