OVH Dedicated "gaming" server question

So I'm looking at OVH's Dedicated "gaming" Server plan, and i was wondering if i have to pay extra to get a MySQL server and a control panel, or is that included?

MySQL is free. What control panel you are talking about? Some are free, some are not.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    MySQL is free. What control panel you are talking about? Some are free, some are not.
    Could you mention which ones are free? I can't seem to find any information on it.

Sorry for reposting, but I'm really curious. Does anyone have any information about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Predder View Post
    Sorry for reposting, but I'm really curious. Does anyone have any information about this?
    MySQL is a free database service, in this case (maybe) OVH suggest you hire a new virtual/physical server to run this service

Alright, we'll see when i purchase it tomorrow. I'm also wondering if it's worth it to purchase the gaming one or just the hosting one. I like having KVM.

I suggest you inform with OVH to see if KVM is available (by default) with their servers.
    MySQL can be installed easily via CLI on most linux distributions, it's not that hard.

If you have little knowledge, it might be worth picking a provider who can help you getting this installed (perhaps a managed solution?).
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7group View Post
    I suggest you inform with OVH to see if KVM is available (by default) with their servers.
    MySQL can be installed easily via CLI on most linux distributions, it's not that hard.

If you have little knowledge, it might be worth picking a provider who can help you getting this installed (perhaps a managed solution?).

KVM is available by default with their "HOST" Dedicated plan, but not with the "GAME" one, which is a little disappointing.

If you have root access to the server, you can install your own software (MySQL, control panels, etc,.). I'd imagine since you're renting a server, you'll have such access. I'm also certain if it's a standard deployment, it would already be installed for you. Just jump in there and begin querying away.
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    If you have root access to the server, you can install your own software (MySQL, control panels, etc,.). I'd imagine since you're renting a server, you'll have such access. I'm also certain if it's a standard deployment, it would already be installed for you. Just jump in there and begin querying away.
    Thanks Larry, i appreciate it.

No offense but if you don't have any experience with Linux or dedicated servers you shouldn't choose OVH as your first stop, otherwise we will probably see another review titled "OVH sucks never use them" in a few weeks. Realistically one shouldn't need KVM unless they mess up the pre-configured network interfaces, plus it's a bit pricey anyway for their non-standard plans.
    ExtraVM - DDoS Protected NVMe VPS, Website Hosting, & Game Servers
    Dallas, TX | Miami, FL | Los Angeles, CA | Piscataway, NJ | Amsterdam, NL | Singapore | Tokyo, JP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_A View Post
    No offense but if you don't have any experience with Linux or dedicated servers you shouldn't choose OVH as your first stop, otherwise we will probably see another review titled "OVH sucks never use them" in a few weeks. Realistically one shouldn't need KVM unless they mess up the pre-configured network interfaces, plus it's a bit pricey anyway for their non-standard plans.
    Very true.

If you have no linux experience, as he said "no offence", and it seems that you don't, you will need to pay more for a managed solution.

Just off the top of my head, SingleHop is very costly but they will do pretty much anything including installing and configuring the software for you.

Game panels

Bright Game Panel - is a good free control panel for setting up game servers.

Free GamePanels, are Bright Game Panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Predder View Post
    Alright, we'll see when i purchase it tomorrow. I'm also wondering if it's worth it to purchase the gaming one or just the hosting one. I like having KVM.
    Grab a control panel depending upon your requirement; there hosting solution would only come with a server, but make sure to grab the KVM/IPMI access so that you have full control over your server.
    PowerUpHosting.com - Pure SSD Shared Web Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Server
    Windows/Linux SSD VPS | SSD Bare Metal Servers | SSD Shared Hosting | SSD Reseller Hosting | Proxies
    All services located in Los Angeles | New Jersey | Dallas | Amsterdam
    London | Singapore | India - Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by LowEndXeon View Post
    Bright Game Panel - is a good free control panel for setting up game servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by IonicHost View Post
    Free GamePanels, are Bright Game Panel.
    You two know each other?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    You two know each other?
    Surely not!