HostSlim Question

Really confused as to what is happening and if this is normal for this company. If you have dealt with them before please give me some input. This is basically what happened. I contacted support via live chat regarding collocation and purchasing any older hardware they may have. After a few minutes of going back and forth answering questions and finalizing a price the invoice was generated. As SOON as I paid the invoice all communication stopped. Mind you before hand there was maybe a 1-2 minute response time which was great. I have tried submitting several tickets and emails trying to get some resolution as to what happened. Seems a bit odd to receive a payment for services then immediately cut off all ties with the customer. They were extremely informative before hand and I am not trying to pass judgement so quickly. I am just concerned as I have never had this happen before. Is this usually standard operation procedure for this company? It says they are opened from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays and it is now approaching 4PM with no response.

How much time passed since you pay invoice? Maybe they still deploy your server or they wait for billing dept to verify your payment (usually billing dept just available at business hours)

I was just more or less concerned with the immediate termination of all communication as soon as payment was sent. Additionally, my tickets weren't being answered. They responded a couple minutes after posting this thread stating it would be provisioned sometime next week. I think my horrible experiences with previous providers have made me a bit weary. Probably just over analyzing the situation, lol. Hopefully everything works out!

I think it's best to wait until Monday before drawing any conclusions.
    It is possible they are also not constantly available during weekends, you see that more with some providers.

Since they were open until 5 PM, have you bothered calling them to see if they could answer your remaining questions there?
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

You are the customer, so you have all the authority in the world to get all that you have paid for. If you don't, you can always complaint on various forums about the company and atleast get your money back.

Also, like already suggested, wait for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by werwin01 View Post
    Really confused as to what is happening and if this is normal for this company. If you have dealt with them before please give me some input. This is basically what happened. I contacted support via live chat regarding collocation and purchasing any older hardware they may have. After a few minutes of going back and forth answering questions and finalizing a price the invoice was generated. As SOON as I paid the invoice all communication stopped. Mind you before hand there was maybe a 1-2 minute response time which was great. I have tried submitting several tickets and emails trying to get some resolution as to what happened. Seems a bit odd to receive a payment for services then immediately cut off all ties with the customer. They were extremely informative before hand and I am not trying to pass judgement so quickly. I am just concerned as I have never had this happen before. Is this usually standard operation procedure for this company? It says they are opened from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays and it is now approaching 4PM with no response.
    Hi Werwin,

I'm sorry to hear this. I know about this and will send you an updated ticket about the current status of your server. You ordered just before the weekend and I'm sorry that this caused the delay. Thank you for your order and you will hear very shortly from us.
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 1.6Tbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN DATACENTER NETHERLANDS
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

Can anyone tell me, on average, what the provisioning time is for servers purchased through a provider, not rented?

I can't seem to figure out how purchasing old hardware from a DC would take a week to setup. I've sent servers to Sweden and had them racked and ready to go in 6 days. As always, I appreciate the communities feedback.

I don't know that there is an average. I worked at a couple of data centers for years and never sold any used servers for colocation. Did have a fire sale for leasing used dedicated servers, but they all knew exactly what they were getting. It all depends on their workload. I would think they should have had them up within 24 hours. I'm guessing they're still not online though.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Yeah its going on 7 days now. There response is relatively quick and they seem like a great bunch of people but at this current time it has become all talk and no action. Not sure why it would take 7 days, had I known that I would have shipped mine across the pond vs buying older models. I promised to move individuals over to these servers and now I look like a fool.

[HostSlim] Horrible Experience

On 27/11/2015 I spoke with Hostslim support for a little over a half an hour before coming to the conclusion that they would be a solid fit for my needs. We came to solid price for a few older model servers they own + collocation fees.As soon as I sent the payment all communication was cut off. No more responding to emails, or online chat or tickets for that matter. Only after posting in WHT in the Dedicated Forums section did I get a response. The following messages said.

"My apologies for the inconvenience. This needs to be a mistake.

Can you provide me with the email address provided upon registration so I can look into this for you? "

I figured it may have just been a simple error and they would resolve it in a timely manner. They told me on 28/11/2015 that the server would be provisioned sometime next week. The weekend came and went and on Monday I messaged them to see round about when I should expect my server to be in the rack and ready to go. Instead of a response I get an invoice for a collocation fee I had already paid prior.

30/11/2015 I get a response stating my server would be ready "Around wednesday. Thank you for your patience. "

02/12/2015 Rolls around and my server is still not setup. Their excuse this time is that "We have to clean the server and set it in your own colo unit. We will inform you later this week."... Clean the server? You mean to tell me a week has almost passed and this is the excuse..

02/12/2015 " Lets me clear that this is not going of your paid time. We have to write down serials etc so we have to be on-site in the datacenter to setup your server. This will be this week."... On top of the server not being setup when they said it would they also didnt credit my account for the 1 Free month of collocation as it states in their advertisement thread.

03/12/2015 Relayed to them via a ticket that I couldn't fathom how I purchasing older hardware from them would take longer to setup than shipping my own. They responded back with Customs can be a nighmare indeed. I'm trying to get it up for you today indeed.

04/12/2015 Thank you for your reply. Waiting on the KVM so we can have everything ready remotely as well. We work on weekends as well so no worries. Today/Tomorrow is the date.
    04/12/2015 You're right and I apoligize that the service has not been to your liking. We did not wait till the last possible moment though. Unfortunately this week has been very busy and hectic, which is no excuse for you of course.

05/12/2015

I will already sent your IP information so you can prepare:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx + xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    user: root
    password: will be sent seperately

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8c697bdf79b64d95d9002c58ee2775c8.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	32840

I have yet to hear back from them and they have surely left the office since they leave on Saturdays at 5pm. I have been on the phone waiting on hold for 21+ minutes and no one has answered. Not sure what the **** I did to deserve service like this but please, save yourself some time and avoid them. I am assuming they are prolonging the setup so if I am satisfied I will no longer be eligible for the 14-day money back guarantee.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	money.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	32841
    Last edited by werwin01; 12-05-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Not all web hosting companies or data centers offer 24/7/365 support, and if they do, it's emergency only.

Some will offer tech support 24/7 but not sales or billing. A lot of variance within this industry on how each different company runs their business.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008