A2hosting turbo vs reseller

So i have about 6 sites, drupal, prestashop, and 4 wordpress sites

I have been experiencing lag and resource limits with crocweb lately

Another thread i was recommended to go with reseller hosting since i have multiple sites

I recently took a look at a2hosting and found that their turbo plan had several caching and optimizations for the popular cms, i think memcache and varnish were included

They also have an option to get 2 cpu cores and another gig of ram for $3/mo

Their basic reseller plan does not offer the upgrade or have all the included caching and optimizations

The turbo plan at about $7 versus reseller at $13

Would going with the reseller plan be the best path

Quote Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz View Post
    So i have about 6 sites, drupal, prestashop, and 4 wordpress sites

I have been experiencing lag and resource limits with crocweb lately

Another thread i was recommended to go with reseller hosting since i have multiple sites

I recently took a look at a2hosting and found that their turbo plan had several caching and optimizations for the popular cms, i think memcache and varnish were included

They also have an option to get 2 cpu cores and another gig of ram for $3/mo

Their basic reseller plan does not offer the upgrade or have all the included caching and optimizations

The turbo plan at about $7 versus reseller at $13

Would going with the reseller plan be the best path
    Yes, it still would..for a simple reason: security; in the (remote extreme) case one of your sites gets hacked, your whole account would be compromised which means all your domains would go down. Reseller prevents that, because each domain has its own separated and isolated cPanel space which makes hacking harder.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

I agree with @asgard, the reseller is still the better option. On a shared package all of your domains are sharing a common resource pool, with the reseller each has access to its own albeit smaller pool. In most instances this is a net gain, plus the added security benefits.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Go with cached reseller.
    highavailability.io ██████ ███ ██ █ █
    High Availability WordPress Hosting

Sometimes too much caching can annoy admins/visitors depending on the type of site. I think picking the right location with non overloaded high spec servers (SSD etc) is more important and it is best to get this right first, only then add lots of caching if it is needed.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

This is true. Reseller Hosts should at least have:

A base of Raid 10 SSDs for the most possible IO.
    A base of high end Xeon servers.
    A base of CPanel or equivalent CP.
    A base of system wide caching that works for all CMSs and doesnt expose backends.
    A base of a good location.

Resellers need to be able to mark up prices while also providing services that customers come begging to use and also referring their friends. I feel these should be a requirement of all hosts.
    highavailability.io ██████ ███ ██ █ █
    High Availability WordPress Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz View Post

To be honest, in this day and age, most servers are already going to have some form of caching (especially with the increase in CMS popularity over the last 5 years).

With that being said, moving everything over to a reseller account (sounds good on the surface). However only if you are keeping in mind that at the end of the day you are looking to host 6 websites for about $1-$2 per month. Possible? Yes, however depending on the type of website (in particular how busy the website is), maybe not ideal.

In other-words you might be better served looking at each website individually and seeing which platform will work best for each particular website. For example, your PrestaShop website (just an example) might need a VPS, where your Wordpress websites might not even need a new platform and just need to be optimized all together).

In other-words, there is no straight yes or no answer (if you want to get the most out of your web hosting you will need dissect each individual website and proceed accordingly).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Thanks for the tips, my primary site will probably have its own host while the less popular sites will go on the reseller plan and if they become popular i will move them to their own host as well

That is how i feel after looking at the posts