Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HostDarkCom View Post
    You can navigate a whole website without making a single SQL connection, and some sites can have multiple connections in a single page. Also, on a healthy SQL server, the average SQL query processing time is substantially less than 1 second, sometimes even less than .1 second. There can be multiple queries per second, therefore more than 15 visitors per second, it's a matter of if they visit in the same instance before the first query is finished, then this would cause issues. You're analogy is close to correct for explaining it in Layman's terms, but from a technical aspect, it's statistically invalid.
    Bingo! 15 concurrent MySQL connections can support 3 users or 100 depending on the website (assuming a the server isn't having any issues). Generally speaking if you're running into your MySQL limits it's a sign of something wrong (or you're getting a large surge in traffic and aren't caching anything).
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dave_b_18 View Post
    Hello All,

Please be kind as I am fairly ignorant with this stuff. I have no idea how much disk space/bandwidth that I need. I believe I have 150 visitors last month.

Background:
    -I am located in Michigan
    -I have a budget of about $4 a month with an absolute maximum of $8. I really want to keep it as low as possible
    -I would like to find a web hosting company that has a cheap introductory rate (maybe free to try) with a low monthly/yearly/triyearly renewal.
    -I have extremely low traffic currently with hopes to generate medium traffic in a year.
    -I would like to have a minimum of 5 websites (1 website is ok for a trial).
    -From what I understand, Oneclick apps would be ideal since I am new to this.
    -My free website builder (Zoho.com/sites) was DDOS'ed, so I want a company that has protection against DDOS
    -My current website provider is Godaddy and I hate how everything that I want to do is an Ad-On. So I don't want any ad-on surprises.
    -I believe I will be using cpanel and wordpress
    -E-mail would be nice

Here are the ones that I currently have it down to:
    stablehost.com
    namecheap.com
    thcservers.com
    t1hosting.com
    host1plus.com

I really want to narrow down this list but am also willing to hear of other company's.

Thank you for reading and I hope to reach a verdict soooooon!!!
    I've read the thread and your concerns. What it looks to me is that you can choose any good shared hosting provider for your websites without worrying about the tech specs. Since you only had 150 visitors, you can add 4/5 sites per shared hosting. But adding all sites under a single account is a no go. You can always put sites into separate accounts when your traffic grows.

Don't worry about tech spects too much. Most good hosts can handle everything you need.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

My only recommendation at this time is to avoid Arvixe. For some reason, Arvixe was recommended to me by some on this site when I was having issues with my provider. So I switched to Arvixe and have been highly disappointed. My site is unavailable often, sometimes for hours at a time. Their "chat support" is absolutely horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeSharp View Post
    My only recommendation at this time is to avoid Arvixe. For some reason, Arvixe was recommended to me by some on this site when I was having issues with my provider. So I switched to Arvixe and have been highly disappointed. My site is unavailable often, sometimes for hours at a time. Their "chat support" is absolutely horrendous.
    They used to be a premier provider, but not so much since they were bought out.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

Since it has been brought to my attention that I might benefit more from a reseller account, I now have a new company that I am interested in.

Has anyone heard of jollyworkshosting? Their Silver reselling package is priced amazingly, almost toooo amazingly.
    https://clients.jollyworkshosting.com/cart.php?gid=14 Plus is half off... $60 for 3years....

Any input?

Since it has been brought to my attention that I might benefit more from a reseller account, I now have a new company that I am interested in.

Has anyone heard of jollyworkshosting? Their Silver reselling package is priced amazingly, almost toooo amazingly.
    https://clients.jollyworkshosting.com/cart.php?gid=14 Plus is half off... $60 for 3years....

Any input?
    Hint: what is it that you need first - cheap or quality?
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

Any input?
    I've never heard of them so I have no comment. However I would recommend not signing up for 3 years in advance if you decide to go with them. Maybe if they have a pro-rated refund policy but otherwise you'd be taking a risk IMO. There's going to be plenty of Black Friday deals out there so maybe it would be best to check out all of the reseller offers, make a list of ones you're interested in, and research/contact them.
    Review Hell - Brutally Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Helpful Web Hosting Advice
    Web Hosting Guide - Easy to Understand For Newbies

Perfect explanation. Wish I had a lightbulb icon because I would definitely use it.

While I have you here, I do have 3 important questions to ask, since your with Stablehost and all:

1) Do you provide any DDoS protection for Web Hosting Pro clients? What about Reseller Hosting clients?
    2) If I were to go with the Web Hosting Pro option for 36 months, then noticed within the first 12 months that I need to upgrade to Reseller Hosting, will I be penalized in any way? Will the 24 months that I didn't use be applied to my new plan?
    3) How often does Stablehost have special offers? (I'm afraid that if I need to upgrade to a seller plan at a later date, that I will lose any discounts that I'll gain by signing up now)

Thanks!!
    -Dave-
    Hi Dave,

It's be best if you give us a call, or shoot an email to sales@ so we can communicate further about your needs.

Thanks!

Any input?
    Sorry I don't find this as a good option. There are a lot of better, reputable hosting providers in this forum who have a lot of positive reviews and handful of experience in assisting you which will help you to run your business without worrying much about the back end. Also this Friday would be the best day for you to make the purchase. Brace yourself for the storm of offers.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I think some posts have gotten you overly concerned about some aspects of web hosting. I don't think you need reseller hosting honestly. Maybe at some point if you start running a lot of traffic but otherwise I would just look for a host that allows addon domains and just host them all from the same shared hosting account.

Some people have pointed out that it's unlikely you'll reach that many concurrent MySQL connections and there isn't a ton to worry about in terms of that either. When the time comes you can migrate to a better package, no need to waste money on something you don't need and would be overkill.
    MegaNode - Affordable & Reliable Hosting
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Support | DDoS Protected

Quote Originally Posted by MegaNode View Post
    I think some posts have gotten you overly concerned about some aspects of web hosting. I don't think you need reseller hosting honestly. Maybe at some point if you start running a lot of traffic but otherwise I would just look for a host that allows addon domains and just host them all from the same shared hosting account.

Some people have pointed out that it's unlikely you'll reach that many concurrent MySQL connections and there isn't a ton to worry about in terms of that either. When the time comes you can migrate to a better package, no need to waste money on something you don't need and would be overkill.
    Agreed. It's settled I'm going with stablehost Web hosting pro, as soon as they reply to my questions.

Thank you all for sticking with me and holding my hand through the process. Looking forward to growing with WHT.

-dave-

Some hosts even help setup client side DDoS protection, unsure if Stable Host does though. But, good luck!

First time logging into cPanel, SWEET!!!!!!! Lovin it. -Dave-

Agreed. It's settled I'm going with stablehost Web hosting pro, as soon as they reply to my questions.

Thank you all for sticking with me and holding my hand through the process. Looking forward to growing with WHT.

-dave-
    That is a better choice. They earned a good name around WHT. All the best to you.

Best of luck with Stablehost (but you won't likely need it); happy hosting.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Caching reduces the need to query the database.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

My previous experience was with HostGator, they were pretty good when Brent was in charge, however, they started after Brent to oversell and not to respond to opened tickets for looooong times!

Even with their 80% discounts for Black Friday and Cyber Monday recently, I was reluctant to return back to them and I preferred to keep with my current host although I have some concerns with them recently!

Is there anywhere on WHT forum where I can post Wordpress questions? I'm sure that all of you know a thing or two about Wordpress but I don't want to change the OP focus.

Thanks -Dave-

Is there anywhere on WHT forum where I can post Wordpress questions?
    Probably Hosting Software and Control Panels or, depending on what you're looking at/for, maybe Web Design and Content

When you post the thread, please link me so I can assist with that as well
    Austin Sasko | ServerHub®
    Dedicated Servers, Cloud VPS and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
    ServerHub® | an INC500 Ranked company
    austins@serverhub.com

Recommendations

Hello

I started with GoDaddy, but honestly, they were the worst. My site was constantly down. Right now I am using True Host (https://truehostingllc.com) and I have been quite happy, great support and they provide discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by sjoen View Post
    Right now I am using True Host (https://truehostingllc.com) and I have been quite happy, great support and they provide discounts.
    Please contact us through http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=9588740 with something to verify this.

Verify

How do I verify?

Quote Originally Posted by sjoen View Post
    How do I verify?
    Go through the link above and we'll direct you from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12