Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hd.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	32741

They promote such thing everywhere

http://www.hostdime.com/blog/hostdim...co-datacenter/
      0 Not allowed!

What's misleading in that ad, and what did the article you linked to have to do with it?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Choose yearly on the $60 plan and it hits $55, though still not "starting at $50".
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

They use the 50 bucks ad almost in every single page ( at least of the webs I've visited of their blog)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Choose yearly on the $60 plan and it hits $55, though still not "starting at $50".
    Must be something of that type ( pay in advance) but if you say that it's $55, then $55 is not $50.
      0 Not allowed!

wow really? you are going to complain about a minor detail, where someone forgot to update something on a website? heaven forbid they are actually trying to run a business and offer customer service
    Small Budget Hosting - Starter Hosting, Advanced Hosting - Reseller Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

I won't forbid anything as I'm not part of their company but if you are someone of their size This things are not something I like as a potential customer.
    If they forget this they can forget some others.
    It's actually funny you are in the web hosting biz ( and according to your sig you are "Small" ) and seem to be condone 5-10 bucks difference.
    Please do not post in my thread (I'm being polite) as you are derailing something that is a fact (oh and btw I don't want to read your opinion also).
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    I won't forbid anything as I'm not part of their company but if you are someone of their size This things are not something I like as a potential customer.
    If they forget this they can forget some others.
    It's actually funny you are in the web hosting biz ( and according to your sig you are "Small" ) and seem to be condone 5-10 bucks difference.
    Please do not post in my thread (I'm being polite) as you are derailing something that is a fact (oh and btw I don't want to read your opinion also).
    You know I'm not making things personal, nor I'm attacking you. The fact that you do not want to read my opinion, is well neither here nor there, as we all have the right to state things on this forum.

I'm stating that you are making a big deal out of nothing. Companies get busy with running a business, and forget to update a minor detail. It is an advert that is on the blog.. I'm sure it was put on there before they changed their product offering in the past 3 years and simply forgot to change it.

If 5-10 dollars is a large enough difference to you, perhaps you should consider looking at another company that will not offer you 24/7 phone support, and 24/7 monitoring of the node for abuse and other problems.

You know at the end of the day, threads like this are something that make us ask the simple question of, why did you not bother to contact the company about this, instead of posting on this forum? In hopes that complaining would get you some sort of discount?
    Small Budget Hosting - Starter Hosting, Advanced Hosting - Reseller Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Did you contact HostDime to query the anomaly?

Cos they're a good bunch of guys and they'll sort it out!
      0 Not allowed!

You know I'm not making things personal, nor I'm attacking you. The fact that you do not want to read my opinion, is well neither here nor there, as we all have the right to state things on this forum.
    You are right and I'm sorry for having replied that way. If @bear or @Postbox can either delete or modify the title I'd accept it.

I'm stating that you are making a big deal out of nothing. Companies get busy with running a business, and forget to update a minor detail. It is an advert that is on the blog.. I'm sure it was put on there before they changed their product offering in the past 3 years and simply forgot to change it.
    Most likely it is that they did forgot . Google did also forgot about something ( much bigger) and as you are reasoning I'm not quitting using ggl, so another point for you
    http://www.businessinsider.com/this-...-minute-2015-9

If 5-10 dollars is a large enough difference to you, perhaps you should consider looking at another company that will not offer you 24/7 phone support, and 24/7 monitoring of the node for abuse and other problems.
    I have not ever needed to call a web hosting company. I have several servers <30 ( both in the USA, EU and Asia) and only calls I got were to get verified.
    I did experience some surprises that I had to alert the provider and as the resiliency of my app I don't need something softlayer graded.

I was just looking for alternatives to have a blog for some stuff with some stuff ( not in my big nodes) and I just stumbled upon them.

You know at the end of the day, threads like this are something that make us ask the simple question of, why did you not bother to contact the company about this, instead of posting on this forum?
    Why? because I belong to this community and have nothing to do with them.

In hopes that complaining would get you some sort of discount?
    No way. Not only I think I would not only won't get any type of discount but I'm not the kind of person who would ask for this or threat cause I find this not ethical.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post

Cos they're a good bunch of guys and they'll sort it out!
    No I have not. Someone who can reach them can point them out this thread and after they fix it feel free to delete this so it does not make a them look bad.

Regards.

EDIT: hoped there was auto merging when I posted a post after the other.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    No I have not.
    Would have been a nice idea.

You are right and I'm sorry for having replied that way. If @bear or @Postbox can either delete or modify the title I'd accept it.
    I'm not sure about bear but I normally charge extra for secretarial services.

Anyways, title changed, and Hostdime will probably get a keyword alert for this thread and take a look. I'm sure we have better things to do at weekend, so closing this.

If Hostdime want to respond, a simple "report post" will get our attention to open it again for them, briefly.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for reporting this. I am having a member of our Creative team get this resolved as soon as possible. If you were looking to purchase a VPS plan with us and feel that you were misled by this ad, please PM me with your email address and I will price match the $50 mentioned for our Linux VPS1 Plan.

Thank you and have a great day,
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Postbox View Post
    If Hostdime want to respond, a simple "report post" will get our attention to open it again for them, briefly.
    And they did, so problem solved.
      0 Not allowed!