Lightbulb Looking to enhance WHMCS Billing w/ PayPal- Need Recommendations on Credit Card Payment Gateways

Gents,

Total Newbie question here. I'm finally putting the finishing touches on my WHMCS installation. I still have a few more things to do on WHMCS, but I'm learning as I go. I currently have PayPal setup as my only Payment Gateway. I also am aware that according to the WHMCS documentation, there are quite a number of Payment Gateways that can integrate with WHMCS.

So here's where I need your help and clarification:

- In addition to accepting payment via PayPal...can I actually accept Credit Card payments (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX) through the PayPal Gateway?

- If the answer to the first question above is 'Yes'...then what would be the advantage of using a provider like Authorize.Net or 2Checkout?

- I've heard so many things about a variety of Payment Gateways (Paypal, Bitcoin, Skrill/Moneybookers, Payza/AlertPay, WebMoney, Perfect Money, etc.)...however, can someone highly recommend 1-2 awesome Payment Gateways?

- Is Google Checkout still supported as an official Payment Gateway with WHMCS?

- Ideally, I would like to offer all manner of Payment Gateways, but I'm new at this so any help would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by espinozj View Post
    Gents,

Total Newbie question here. I'm finally putting the finishing touches on my WHMCS installation. I still have a few more things to do on WHMCS, but I'm learning as I go. I currently have PayPal setup as my only Payment Gateway. I also am aware that according to the WHMCS documentation, there are quite a number of Payment Gateways that can integrate with WHMCS.

So here's where I need your help and clarification:

- In addition to accepting payment via PayPal...can I actually accept Credit Card payments (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX) through the PayPal Gateway?

- If the answer to the first question above is 'Yes'...then what would be the advantage of using a provider like Authorize.Net or 2Checkout?

- I've heard so many things about a variety of Payment Gateways (Paypal, Bitcoin, Skrill/Moneybookers, Payza/AlertPay, WebMoney, Perfect Money, etc.)...however, can someone highly recommend 1-2 awesome Payment Gateways?

- Is Google Checkout still supported as an official Payment Gateway with WHMCS?

- Ideally, I would like to offer all manner of Payment Gateways, but I'm new at this so any help would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks!

J.

If you have PayPal Business account or upgrade a personal PayPal account to PayPal Premier, you will be able to accept credit cards using PayPal.
    █||||[ MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Server ]
    █||||[ NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | Since 2008 ]

We've recently integrated with Stripe and so far have had no issues. The Card transaction charges are fairly low and there is an Addon Module that you can get in order to setup the link between WHMCS + Stripe. Additionally, the integration is really easy as well. Put in the test + live API key, do some test and then when you're ready, hit the switch and make it live and you should be good to go!

Moved to hosting software from card services ads, since it wasn't an ad.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Hey Everyone,

Yeah, I meant to update this a few days ago. I had pulled the trigger on Authorize.Net and then a few hours later I read all about Stripe and immediately fell in love with it. So I ended up not activating my Authorize.Net account and ditched that and dove into Stripe.

I also ended up initially purchasing the wStripe Module by Sky High Studios (affordablehostinguk). Unfortunately, although his module supports WHMCS 6.x, it's limited to the default Theme and Modern Order Form. We had/have no way of making it work with my customized Theme until he releases his upcoming 'Customization Guide'.

Since we don't have time to wait and we didn't want to dump our custom theme due to all of the work that we put into it, we ended up going with ServerPing's Stripe Module.

Joseph Clarke was able to get it installed and configured in no time.

Works awesome!!!

J.