Linode network providers

Hi.
    Does anyone know who Linodes network providers are?
    I know they use Softlayer in Dallas, but for the other DC's I have no idea.
    If they rent servers it would be easier, but it's still challenging.

So naturally, I know the Dallas network providers - I simply look at Softlayer Dallas and their list.

I've asked Linode, and they gave me an ordinary response:
    We purchase blended transit from our data center providers. Each of our data centers has approximately the same bandwidth. I do not have the specific breakdown of which carriers are carrying what amount of traffic for each location to provide you. If there's anything else we can assist you with please let us know.
    Which is pretty sad. Someone should know who their network providers are for each location.

So if anyone knows, LMK.

Thanks.

Give us the test IPs in their other locations, we can tell you using information obtained through BGP.
    Clouvider Limited; Leading USA & Europe Cloud Hosting Solution Provider
    Web hosting in Cloud | VPS servers in 8 Datacenters with Intel Xeon and AMD Epyc CPUs | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services
    100% Uptime Guarantee | Fully Redundant | 24/7 Technical Support

Newark: 50.116.57.237
    Atlanta: 50.116.39.117
    Dallas: 50.116.25.154
    Fremont: 50.116.14.9
    Frankfurt: 139.162.130.8
    London: 176.58.107.39
    Singapore: 139.162.23.4
    Tokyo: 106.187.96.148

Quote Originally Posted by Clouvider-Dom View Post
    Give us the test IPs in their other locations, we can tell you using information obtained through BGP.
    Hi,

Can you still do the test to find out the providers. Im also interested in know what providers Linode uses.

For a up to date list of all the Linode Datacenter IPs check: https://www.linode.com/speedtest

Thanks

Linode in the past have used their DC providers bandwidth blends, e.g. Telecity in London, Gnax/Netdepot in Atl, HE in Fremont etc.. however the recent DDOS that caused significant outages has put them on a course to take more control of their connectivity so what you see today is very likely to be different in a few months, take a look at their blog for more info.
    MattF - Since the start..

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi View Post
    Newark: 50.116.57.237
    Atlanta: 50.116.39.117
    Dallas: 50.116.25.154
    Fremont: 50.116.14.9
    Frankfurt: 139.162.130.8
    London: 176.58.107.39
    Singapore: 139.162.23.4
    Tokyo: 106.187.96.148

From RVIEWS:

Newark : NAC Blend (now Cologix)
    Atlanta : Abovenet (Zayo)
    Dallas : Softlayer
    Fremont : Hurricane Electric
    Frankfurt : Telecity Group
    London : Telecity Group
    Singapore : Pacnet
    Tokyo : KDDI

Seemingly still using other ISPs to take care of a good amount of their networking and BGP for them, but they have started with Germany and another location or two from their own ASN finally after getting hacked and DDoS'd last year: http://bgp.he.net/AS63949#_asinfo

Crossing the fingers here, hopefully these DDoS issues will stop happening in Linode. It's been a DDoS party lately.

@HRR1963 Is Linode still under DDoS? I mean they had real problems with DDoS during the Xmas period. Is it still not fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by crackin View Post
    @HRR1963 Is Linode still under DDoS? I mean they had real problems with DDoS during the Xmas period. Is it still not fixed?
    Occasional. status.linode.com Apr 28 was the last one. DDoS is no joke, at least Linode mitigate the attack fast.

Their issue comes down to having a single upstream in most locations, and leaving networking up to their uplink.

This means during say holidays, vacations, weekends and they need immediate network assistance, they have to file a ticket essentially... Instead of asking their networking guy to make adjustments.

It all showed up in the smoke-screen DDoS attacks starting Christmas their locations while information (among mine) was stolen, resulting in PW resets just after New years.

Attackers likely knew they would be short on staff, and successfully kept the sysadmins left battling DDoS attacks while data was stolen from other servers. I think they still use ColdFusion?

They are starting to get smart by using their ASN, giving them control over the network.

In locations they control their network if they need mitigation or changes to networking beyond bog-standard null routes they can announce someone like Voxility on those IPs, giving them some hope.

Lost hope in them when they used BGP to null route attacks by blocking entire countries. Amateur hour.