Hi!
We're using an old platform for our web shop that do not support havin' a blog. Nor will they create a folder and just dump a WP-install there for us to use. We are about to change to another platform but this transition takes time since it's a complex system interacting with our business system. But I wanna start a blog NOW to try and make some money on Christmas shoppers.

Since using example.com/domain is better SEO-vise, than using separate domains for shop and blog, I wonder if there are a way to achieve this. Could example.com point to 111.222.333.shop and example.com/blog point to 111.222.333.blog and Google treat them as one when it comes to search result ranking. Will the visitor only see example.com/blog or will they get "redirected" to ourblogdomain.com?

If I choose to go for a new, temporary, host for the blog, registering theblogforoursite.com, will this somehow damage our ranking if we in the future move the blog to example.com/blog and let theblogforoursite.com redirect there?