Recent Experience with Gandi/Internet.bs?

Hi there,

I've been trying to find a good domain registrar and I've been debating between Gandi and Internet.bs, but leaning more towards Gandi (unless someone wants to convince me otherwise). Has anyone had any recent experience with either or have been with them for at least one year? I haven't found a lot of recent reviews so I wanted to ask for advice on where to get my domain name. Thanks!

What I'm looking for:
    - .com
    - security (both for domain and my personal info)
    - good customer service
    - clear terms of service
    - easy site navigation
    - renewing per year not being super expensive

One more question: I'm starting a blog...would I even need an SSL certificate?
    Last edited by plumeria; 10-09-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Based on your requirements, I'd pick Internet.bs over Gandi as both registration and renew are cheaper; on the other hand, Internet.bs is abandoning PayPal payments, and that can be a bad thing for some users.
    Personally, I use Name.com, Namecheap and Dynadot; they're all pretty cheap and with better UI than Internet.bs.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

+1 for internet.bs. @ asgard they accept PayPal through their partner (Emancipation Media).

Internet.bs is Bahamas and Gandi looks France based company. Gandi looks an older and more reliable registrar according to me. But you can find better registrars than both. I recommend Namecheap, Resellerclub(or Bigrock for end users) and Dynadot.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

I can recommend Namecheap. They offer good service.

@asgard. I have recently renewed many of my domains using paypal payments. No problem at all!

Gandi are in the EU and bound by EU data protection laws. Internet.bs are not.

As a European I'd go for Gandi - it's a no-brainer for me. (And they have a good reputation - very professional)

Quote Originally Posted by studiokristo View Post
    @asgard. I have recently renewed many of my domains using paypal payments. No problem at all!
    But those payment go through a third party (Emancipation Media); InternetBS doesn't have a direct PayPal address, and I'm a little wary because of that.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

@asgard. You are right. Maybe they are hiding something here, maybe not.

Gandi - Domain renew time much better than internetbs.

Try Gandi.

Gandi is famous for its approach to domain name registration and renewal. It won’t try to sell you a bunch of services you don’t need or want, and the company is committed to being honest, open and upfront with its customers. Combined with the fact that Gandi has been around for longer than the others, it has earned itself a huge following..