Which server would you recommend for game servers?

Hello fellow hosters!

I'm currently looking to buy a dedicated server, for my hosting business. I stumbled over 3 different servers, but i'm not really sure which one would be best.

Game it will run: Most source games and Minecraft.

Server 1

Server 2
    Server 3

Server 3= ML-128

Isnt CPU Clock Speed more important then anything for games like Mindcraft as its single threaded game?
    Tony Holloway
    Delivering Custom Hosting Solutions Since January 2004
    madRooster.com
    Fun Name ... Serious Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by madRoosterTony View Post
    Isnt CPU Clock Speed more important then anything for games like Mindcraft as its single threaded game?
    Indeed Minecraft is single threaded.

Just want to hear what other people think.

Server 3, seems reliable.

Currently from what I have seen E3's and SSDs are the standard for most game servers..

I assume you plan on hosting several of each game type? I know for certain that Minecraft servers (especially modded ones) use up a lot of RAM, and depending on how heavily modded it is - a lot of storage space. More so than CPU really. As for source games it depends on what you decide to run, though I've not seen one take up a ton of resources like Minecraft does.

I'm not entirely sure which would be the best choice for you because I don't know your projected server count of either type, but I would probably go with one of the first two you listed. I only say that because the third seems to have more limitations as to what you can do in regards to what games you can host from the box and whatnot. I see Counter Strike and Team Fortress listed but not games such as Left 4 Dead, Garry's Mod, Alien Swarm, etc. Not sure if that's a finite list but the wording makes it seem like it. Plus that leaves your options open if you ever want to try hosting for a new game or something of the sorts, which is a great option considering how quickly some server based games blow up such as ARK did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nille View Post
    Hello fellow hosters!

I'm currently looking to buy a dedicated server, for my hosting business. I stumbled over 3 different servers, but i'm not really sure which one would be best.

Game it will run: Most source games and Minecraft.

Server 1

Server 2
    Server 3

Server 3= ML-128
    What's your skype? I'd like to talk to you about something?

I'd go OVH all the way.