How to set up an effective PPC Campaign?

Hey guys,

I've done a little bit of adwords keyword research, and the recommended bid for everything seems to average between $15 and $20. With this amount of competition setting up a PPC campaign seems impossible! So my question to you guys, is how do you do it? How do you run your pay per click campaigns?

Thanks for the valuable information!

I think it's got to do with the niche you are trying to promote. You might want to get well acquainted with how PPC model works before even giving it a go. I suggest you go through stuff created by Perry Marshall...he is someone who really knows what he is talking about. Also, there are many videos on Youtube that should be of immense help.
    bodHOST.com: Fully Managed Hosting Solutions
    + Auto-Scalable Cloud Hosting Services...

Thanks, Ill check him out! I should think about a niche I want to market in. Im guessing that pretty much anything with the words "Web Hosting" in it is not a keyword to go after.

Setup of PPC in Google for example could be more complicated then you think. I would go to Frelancer and hire someone experienced to do that job for me.
    --> http://www.webhostingzone.org/
    --> Secure and Reliable Web Hosting Services - cPanel / CloudLinux / Softaculous - Atlanta Data Center
    --> VPS Hosting, Linux Support, SSL certificates and more!

Yeah,

I've thought of that. Maybe I can setup a budget and pay for the ads they set up, and give the person an affiliate account. Think anyone would go for this? Or do you think that they would only go for it If I gave them money for signing on?

Thanks!

Instead of going for highly competitive keywords, why don't you start with some less competitive keywords, if it's your hosting business you want to advertise, 1st you need to do a proper keyword research and find some long tail keywords with 3-4 words, and im sure you can get your ad running for less than $2 per click.
    Goviphosting.com - Total Hosting Solutions

Ill try doing a more in depth keyword search once I get home.

The last time I did a keyword search, even the keywords with very low traffic had stupid competition. I'll just have to get a lot more creative with my keywords I think!

Hosting industry related always having high competition! It's better target cost effective long tail keywords with less competition rather than choosing high CPC commercial keywords.

Quote Originally Posted by HMCHosting View Post
    I'll just have to get a lot more creative with my keywords I think!
    Being creative with your target keyword phrase is better than just relying on the tools because it can give you better analysis on how to target your audience effectively in the respected field.

To create a effective PPC campaign concentrate more on keywords,ad text and landing page.

first step of for set best ppc is to identify your target audience and then research on some keyword which is generally set your competitor after all analyzation complete then start your campaign.

May be the niche you have selected having a high competency. If the bid in between $15 to $20 make sure The ROI of your campaign. If you perfectly compare your bid and ROI I think you will make more effective decision for your business.

Your bid and the actual cost per click won't be the same. For example, I could bid $10 and the actual price may only be $3.00. I'd certainly do some split testing to optimize the ROI on your campaigns. I'd also limit the amount allotted to each campaign until you uncover the one that works best.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers