Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Another feature is "Instant Payment Notification," where PayPal will POST transaction data to a script on your site whenever one occurs.. allowing you to integrate auto signups with it.

I might just put that into whm_script...

Andrew

I will never use pay pal! I used them before, over a year ago and someone alleged a supposvly false fradulent activity against someone who sent me money. and because that person sent me money they want me to pay 500 for it. the other person cant prove they received it because it is a service, but in pay pals' tos it says services cant have chargebacks like this. go figure. there was no complaint on me but because a person sent me money my account was frozen and they want me to pay that money to them.

if you dont want to get a merchant account then use a service like ibill.com

Hi,
    When will PayPal accept American Express?

HobbyGal
    HobbyGal
    HobbyGal@HobbyList.com
    http://HobbyList.com

Hi Hobbygal,

Amex is still being looked at, but I do know that there is a person assigned to striking up the business issues. I would hope to see it shortly.
    Damon
    PayPal Consumer Relations

Cool Hi multipleimage,

Chargebacks are a fact of life when accepting credit card payments. Our Seller Protection Program does help with physical goods, but chargeback liability (to the best of my knowledge) is present with all companies processing credit card payments.
    Damon

that is not a chargeback. a chargeback is if the customer who's credit card was used was stolen lost. that is not the case here. the customer never initiated it. in fact she has proof that it was done in error anyway. she has tried contracting pay pal and they say the same thing over again, and she does and then they send the same thing.

do not try to confuse the facts. i have been dealing w/ merchant accounts for years with differnt companies. we were letting customers pay w/ paypal just in case they dont have a cc and was using a checking account. that was the case and pay pal cant keep that straight.

i can see why a lot of sites that accepted pay pal are not accepting it anymore

and they have the horror stories to go with it.

one other problem with pay pal. they break there own agreements.

Hi multipleimage,

I would need the account records in order to investigate the issue.

Reversals are placed if:

1. We notice a potentially fraudulent pattern of activity.
    2. The credit card company notifies us of a chargeback/fraud issue.
    3. A bank notifies us of a problem with a payment.
    4. Customer notifies us of an issue.

This case sounds odd, which would require additional information to support it.
    Damon

what is your e-mail address? i will send you the information. the part that seems odd to me is it wasnt a customer of mine who had a problem but it was a customer of a customer of mine.

Hi multipleimage,

You can PM or send an email (damon@paypal.com) with the information.

Thanks!
    Damon

i sent you an e-mail

Hi multipleimage,

Got it. I am checking on this issue now.
    Damon

PayPal

I think there were two very valid suggestions for PayPal.

1. Get rid of the $5.00 bonus (Lurker)

2. Keep the shopping cart as a freebie. It is an excellent compliment to PayPal (Jaiem).

PayPal and similar services are the best alternatives to a merchant account for small businesses.

Originally posted by skysenshi

They dont support thailand too

They don't support the Philippines, either, and I've been waiting for years (although on one end, it's good they have already put in Singapore, but I don't wanna go to back to Singapore just to get my money 'cause I'd pay more for air fare!!!)
    [/QUOTE]

Singapore? yes they support Singapore but it's kind of making me MAD! , i have a few incoming payments and when i tried to accept it... i was asked for my US Bank AC!? Then i realise that i could only accept payment if a had a US Bank AC, and where can i get one since i'm from a far far away country, and i don't want deposit a fixed 10K just for recieve some convinence small payments via PayPal..

In conculsion, they do support Singapore (as well as other international countries), but as in Sign-up and making payments, not recieving money from others. No wonder they call themselves PAYpal...

Cool Hi fishking,

Thanks for your comments. I am including them in my end-of-day report.

Hi determinist,

Yes, you could use the service. I will add, as you mentioned, that users need a bank account to withdraw funds. I can recommend checking at www.fdic.gov for a list of banks that might be able to support it.
    Damon

Hi there,

Does PayPal support merchant payments using SWIFT-enabled bank accounts? I am located in Singapore and this seems to be the fastest way of receiving payments... if not, are there any other ways?

Hi ck,

Can you expand on the swift-enabled bank accounts? I am not aware of this particular item.
    Damon

Thumbs up additionally...

it would be great if paypal implemented support for UK debit cards, such as SOLO and SWITCH... since it is my understanding that UK accounts are presently supported (from a client).
    I.Meridian

update....they have corrected one of the accounts but they still havent corrected the other.

Talking

I would like to thank Damon and PayPal for the T-shits they sent me
    John
    http://www.zurax.com
    http://www.jwshosting.com

Hi venomx,

You are more than welcome
    Damon

Originally posted by venomx
    I would like to thank Damon and PayPal for the T-shits they sent me
    Well at least some body got the t-shirts
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Yeah came via FedEx just a few hours ago hehe
    John
    http://www.zurax.com
    http://www.jwshosting.com

Hi anidiot,

I am backlogged on certain sizes at the moment, but I have just ordered some additional ones. Please feel free to send me a PM with the information (size and address) if you have not already done so. If I don't have the size in, I always make up a label with the information (so I can mail it when they do come in).
    Damon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast