Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i agree over the years with every update they have done it has gotten more and more out of hand and hard to deal with. with this last one domains that i had transfer out years ago showed back up in my account again with this update.

I just transferred all my domains out to my enom account.

Quote Originally Posted by CentexHosting View Post
    domains that i had transfer out years ago showed back up in my account again with this update.

I saw that in my account also. When I logged in again after couple of days they had disappeared.

I just recently found out since the new design you can't bulk push domains anymore to another user. Which is ideal when you have a fair few domains to push. Hope it they get this added back soon.
    Louis | Balliante
    UK Unmanaged Dedicated Servers
    Contact us for a custom server quote

Being a web designer myself I know how hard it can be to take criticism for a new design after all the hard work.

But for me it has a very dumbed down feel, I do not use a tablet or phone for surfing or work, (of course I test on them) I do serious web work and serious surfing which is ridiculous on these touch devices. Seeing large areas of space and all usually instantly accessible tools hidden behind popouts or dropdowns is annoying and it feels like I've got to spend time surfing around it to get simple jobs done or just check on the general status of all my domains 100+..

I can't find a simple count of all domains in my account, (maybe its there but I can't find it) I'd expect to see those kind of details easily at a glance in the "dashboard". Scrolling huge amounts is not a problem but there's nothing like seeing everything in one go on one screen.

The new dumb web annoys the hell out of me, because its being forced on everyone, when I look at my analytics 60% are still using laptops or desktops, it would be great if us still using large screens, mice and actual keyboards are considered as much as those choosing to use touch devices.

Thumbs down Extremely disappointed

I found NC years ago and they were like salve on a wound having been completely disgusted with GoDaddy...

When I logged in several weeks ago I was furious with the interface changes...I really like the stripped down
    quality and access of the existing interface.

I chatted with someone about an option to go back to the old interface and the tech person dumped what looked
    like a wordy, prepared response into the chat window...which tells me they are getting so many complaints that
    they have a canned response ready.

I found this forum because I am looking for another registrar...

The new interface is awful and I am continuing to look elsewhere unless I have an option to use the old interface.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzook View Post
    I found NC years ago and they were like salve on a wound having been completely disgusted with GoDaddy...

When I logged in several weeks ago I was furious with the interface changes...I really like the stripped down
    quality and access of the existing interface.

I chatted with someone about an option to go back to the old interface and the tech person dumped what looked
    like a wordy, prepared response into the chat window...which tells me they are getting so many complaints that
    they have a canned response ready.

I found this forum because I am looking for another registrar...

The new interface is awful and I am continuing to look elsewhere unless I have an option to use the old interface.
    This is basically the same thing my wife is hearing from her many clients and friends that use NC.
    Last edited by bruc; 10-12-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Had an email a few days back that one of the whoisguard subscriptions was going to expire. Go to review them all...guess what's missing? The only way to review is to load the entire list of domains and look for the small icon that denotes it's active, or the words to the right that state "whoisguard". Not bad with a few names, clunky as all get out with hundreds of domains that clients may or may not have ordered it on, especially when the full list of names is now very, very slow loading if there's a lot.

I'll take function over design any day.
    It's just like girls; really pretty but stupid gets tiresome quickly.

Oh, and if you group domains, there's no apparent way to add a new group/folder any longer, and the link that's supposed to allow you to add individual domains to an existing group isn't clickable. sigh
    Last edited by bear; 10-12-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Had an email a few days back that one of the whoisguard subscriptions was going to expire. Go to review them all...guess what's missing? The only way to review is to load the entire list of domains and look for the small icon that denotes it's active, or the words to the right that state "whoisguard". Not bad with a few names, clunky as all get out with hundreds of domains that clients may or may not have ordered it on, especially when the full list of names is now very, very slow loading if there's a lot.

I'll take function over design any day.
    It's just like girls; really pretty but stupid gets tiresome quickly.

Oh, and if you group domains, there's no apparent way to add a new group/folder any longer, and the link that's supposed to allow you to add individual domains to an existing group isn't clickable. sigh
    We've been slammed with emails, supports tickets and phone calls from our clients seemly not happy with NC anymore wanting us to move their domains for them because they're clueless and frustrated with the new dashboard.

I liked their old interface. They said it was easier to navigate, but to be honest the old interface was easier and better looking.

In new interface we are not able to edit dns IPs for .co.uk domains
    Send many emails but noting change lets hope they do something soon
    VMakerHOST » Providing Amazing Services since 2010
    Three Datacenter Locations: Chicago, Netherlands & Singapore
    █ Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | End User Support | Premium Network | 24x7-365 Support
    ShoutCAST, Web Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers. Managed options available

* Am I the only one who thinks Namecheap's new control panel is very confusing??

I can't get anywhere with Namecheap's new control panel.. the old one is way better. You need SSL, you click SSL. You need to register nameservers, you click nameservers.

Now, everything is hidden. and I need to spend 5 to 10 minutes trying to figure out where is where... :

No, you are not the only one.
    Its confusing for me too.

Confusing here as well. I even told them that in the live chat. I much prefer the old panel, even though it looked like the 1990s.
    ░▒▓▒░ USHost247 - Shared , Reseller, & Domain Services ░▒▓▒░
    ░▒▓▒░ cPanel, Softaculous, White-Labeled Reseller & Off Site Backups ░▒▓▒░

Quote Originally Posted by USHost247-ChrisGrigg View Post
    Confusing here as well. I even told them that in the live chat. I much prefer the old panel, even though it looked like the 1990s.
    Who cares what the old panel looked like...it worked. We had a client today tried to update some ip numbers for 30 minutes. He gave up and is transferring his domains to another registrar.

Quote Originally Posted by bruc View Post
    Who cares what the old panel looked like...it worked. We had a client today tried to update some ip numbers for 30 minutes. He gave up and is transferring his domains to another registrar.
    I have always recommended Namecheap, but I will also soon be transferring out because of the new design.
    ░▒▓▒░ USHost247 - Shared , Reseller, & Domain Services ░▒▓▒░
    ░▒▓▒░ cPanel, Softaculous, White-Labeled Reseller & Off Site Backups ░▒▓▒░

I think it's OK. Change is change, most people are too lazy or are easily agitated to figure out differences in changes. Took me like 5 mins to find out all of the old features in the new design.
    ExtraVM - DDoS Protected NVMe VPS, Website Hosting, & Game Servers
    Dallas, TX | Miami, FL | Los Angeles, CA | Piscataway, NJ | Amsterdam, NL | Singapore | Tokyo, JP

I had used NameCheap but it was years ago. I may give them a shot again the next time someone orders a free domain package.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_A View Post
    Took me like 5 mins to find out all of the old features in the new design.
    Cool. Where's the list of whoisguard subscriptions and expiry dates for those?

The recent posts boggled my mind: leaving a good service because the UI is no longer to tour tastes?!
    I've browsed all the new Namecheap's AP, and to me the new interface is not confusing at all but rather very good; you're free to leave, of course, but what if you end somewhere where the only good thing is the UI's aesthetic apperance (meaning the service sucks)?
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Cool. Where's the list of whoisguard subscriptions and expiry dates for those?
    Whoisguard box? It tells you which domains have Whoisguard on your main domain listings page. The subscription is typically the domain renewal date anyway? I'm sure it's listed in the manage area.

https://i.gyazo.com/64dd5b85feb7d947...73fb3a8338.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_A View Post
    I'm sure it's listed in the manage area.
    No, not per domain in the full list of names; there used to be a full list of only them in one place, with expiry dates and what domains they were in use on. And no, it's not always on the anniversary, at least in my "collection".

With one or two domains, no big deal. With hundreds (or more), it becomes untenable. Do you see a full list of these subscriptions, in one place, without other domains intermingled? All I see is a note next to the domains in the full domain list that have it, and having to click through to action them in any way.
    Have I missed it?

Have I missed it?
    If you've missed it then I have too. 'Product List' only shows SSL certs. Like you, my whoisguard subscriptions don't always match the domain expiry so you can't track them that way. I've had a couple expire recently as I couldn't track them and trying to order them again isn't fun. You can only add one to the cart and cannot increase the quantity. If you go back and try to order another (to make it more than one) you get an error as that 'product' is already in your cart. I got there in the end (no idea how), but it took me ~15 minutes to order two whoisguard subscriptions.

<<snipped reference to removed post>>

The whoisguard button takes like half the space of each domain, it's hard to miss; from there, managing (renewing/cancelling) it is a breeze - I just renewed one yesterday.
    I repeat: leaving an excellent service because the changes to their control panel are no longer to tastes - epsecially when said panel is still basically a beta or close to that - is rather stupid imo.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-26-2015 at 08:01 PM.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    The whoisguard button takes like half the space of each domain
    And each domain takes 4 times as much space as it used to. With a *lot* of domains, it's hard to manage.
    In the full domain list, what I'm talking about, the "whoisguard" bit is not expanded, but just a small icon change and the word "WHOISGUARD" off to the right. If you aren't seeing your whole list (of hundreds of names) all at once, it's at best clunky. If you view the whole list at once (since that's an option), the page becomes unresponsive.

Before, it was a link, and a small table with all the info you needed. Progress?
    The average user won't be all that impacted by this, but resellers will. Anything that slows down your efforts is a step back.

[edit] added cap below.
    The page defaults to 25 names. With hundreds (or more), it becomes absurd to hunt for things like whoisguard, especially when the page drops dead with more than one hundred showing at once. No apparent search or filter, no direct "here they are" link.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	namecheap-whoisguard.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	32503
    Last edited by bear; 10-25-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Looks great! Hopefully there is a way to not have all my old domains that I have sold/given away/let expire show up? What a blast from the past to see those today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast