Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rustictrain193 View Post
    I'm afraid Chris L is no longer with Arvixe. Regardless of what @Arvand Sabetian would like to come on these boards and spew regarding counts of how many let go or not, I doubt you will see any familiar faces in the Arvixe support system from years past.
    The majority of the staff were let go, ASO only offered contracts to less than 20 staff. Currently there are over 6000 open tickets for the Arvixe queue.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zafouhar View Post
    The majority of the staff were let go, ASO only offered contracts to less than 20 staff. Currently there are over 6000 open tickets for the Arvixe queue.
    I got a reply today to one of my tickets from last week, so they are at least trying to get through them. The IMAP email is supposedly fixed too. But it's too late, I'm currently migrating.
      0 Not allowed!

WOW. I referred over 100 to Arvixe with their affiliate program. I'm done with that. Need to find another hosting company to work with. I have sites that have been down for a week. They are not even reading the tickets. Just giving me generic replies as if they are hoping I'll go away or something. Been a WHT member for 10 years, and this is probably my worst experience with a hosting company.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dvduval View Post
    I have sites that have been down for a week. They are not even reading the tickets.
    It will take a while before they can get to your tickets if it's true that there are 6000 tickets in the queue @_@
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zafouhar View Post
    If that number is accurate then it hasn't gone down from two days ago (early reply claiming 5,600+ open tickets)
      0 Not allowed!

Well feel sorry for anyone stuck in this situation and hope they can get their data. At same time shocked at how many times this scenario repeats itself. EIG buys out a host, host claims all is good and its different this time. Many users argue it will be different and then of course this.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    If that number is accurate then it hasn't gone down from two days ago (early reply claiming 5,600+ open tickets)
    I am an ex-staff member with some really good connections with the guys at ASO, the ticket count is probably even higher. The 6000 open tickets was yesterday's figure.

Thing is when all of the Arvixe staff were working as normal we already had around 2000 open tickets, now with staff reduced at around 80% the only thing that will happen is for the ticket count to go up - its common sense for anyone except EIG.

They've got migrations in progress of something like 200 servers, migrations cause issues themselves so not sure what EIG/ASO was thinking when they did the mass terminations.

I feel sorry for Arvixe users but now is your chance to move on though...
      0 Not allowed!

Hopping back on here to say ARVIXE WAS COMPROMISED.

81k+ rows of user accounts.
      0 Not allowed!

* EIG / ASmallOrange / Arvixe lied.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenFourSix View Post
    You called?

An ASO / EIG person also "hacked" our customer database and changed all customer names to one name of someone in Pakistan. Again, all we knew was that it was internal and it was "not important" and "not a hack", even though ASO people were the first to proclaim it a hack.
    However this mess happened, it was a hack. Someone dumped customers, someone dumped something else.

EIG / Arvixe / ASO papered over this with a BOGUS email to customers claiming that Pakistani account was a disk error / database corruption.. I forget the verbage. That was pretty dishonest, ahh it was a lie.

One of the files dumped contains customers. It looks like this:
    001gurpreetsingh@----.com,,,2,,,"2015-09-15 04:24:39",,,,,,,,,"2015-09-15 04:24:39",134661825,cd8f13ce9d,

The other file dumped I am not going into saying what it is, but it's enough to offline hundreds of customers real quick and ugly.

When EIG / ASO said hack, they should have stuck to the mentality that applies to such. They *SHOULD* have policies and training for dealing with things and especially pausing everything and doing reset of credentials across everything. Clearly, common sense was abandoned and the false alarm bell was rung, WRONGLY. Amazing to me that a company here (Arvixe) is worth $22 million, but they had no policies in place that two guys in their underpants 18 months into this would have implemented.

EIG / ASO is worse though. Arvixe folks were / are long gone. EIG's acquisition and liquidation team should be versed in takeovers and hostility by this point. Clearly they need to hire some competent folks.

I know they are experts... Best in the industry. Where is the vomit icon?
      0 Not allowed!

WOW. I referred over 100 to Arvixe with their affiliate program. I'm done with that. Need to find another hosting company to work with. I have sites that have been down for a week. They are not even reading the tickets. Just giving me generic replies as if they are hoping I'll go away or something. Been a WHT member for 10 years, and this is probably my worst experience with a hosting company.
    I've gone with InMotion, they're currently migrating everything for me for free. They initially quoted $380 for all my databases etc to be transferred, but I then got an email saying it's going to be free.

Also, could somebody possibly highlight this hacking thing for me? About a month ago my sites were riddled with malware with no indication as to how it got in. I cleaned everything up and lost a lot of stuff, but now I'm hearing that Arvixe was hacked themselves?
      0 Not allowed!

Any suggestion for a good provider that offer Cloud Server with Windows 2012 rs? ..and in the same range of features and price as the actual Arvixe offer?
      0 Not allowed!

Arvixe has really deteriorated from what I saw of it just before the sale. I was still inquiring at that point and didn't know what EIG even was, I was pretty new to hosting. I really wish Arvand had never sold Arvixe....

@SevenFourSix

Do you know what Arvixe's policies are on refunds? I registered last December for two years all in one go with one payment, and after massive server load problems, MySQL crashes, downtime, the massive Dallas111 crash and now the support finally gone, I really need to move my site, I can't take any more of this.

But I do not have the money to just "waste" over a year's worth of hosting. Is it possible for me to get the remainder of my money that I have not used yet as a refund?

Also, off topic slightly, but anyone know of any hosts that had pretty much the same things as Arvixe for a very similar price that are non-EIG? I also need a partnership with CloudFlare like Arvixe has so that I can use their CDN for a single sub-domain instead of site-wide. Not sure if this is what happens for every time you sign up through a provider with CloudFlare.

Back on topic now, I first noticed this morning (here in the UK) that the forum was offline. It's still offline. I think it's very clear that they've taken it offline to avoid it from being flooded with more endless complaints about service.

I read in this thread about contacting Arvixe on social media - I contacted them on Facebook this morning about cPanel being down and within ten minutes of them initially responding to the message my ticket was replied to and my issue solved. But I already have another issue just hours later, even though the page generation time is fast my site is loading extremely slow. One of my friends also has this issue who has a much better internet connection than me, so while I thought it was just my internet it appears it isn't.

To end on a bit lighter note, it appears they have "Technical support Ninjas" now:

-----------
    Hi Christopher,

It looks like this was recently fixed by sysadmins. Do you still experience issues? If you do please provide us your public IP address. You can see it on this page: https [colon] [slash] [slash] www [dot] arvixe [dot] com [slash] ip [dot] php

Thanks

Bojan U
    Technical Support Ninja
    Arvixe Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Christoper Marshall View Post

To end on a bit lighter note, it appears they have "Technical support Ninjas" now:

-----------
    Hi Christopher,

It looks like this was recently fixed by sysadmins. Do you still experience issues? If you do please provide us your public IP address. You can see it on this page: https [colon] [slash] [slash] www [dot] arvixe [dot] com [slash] ip [dot] php

Thanks

Bojan U
    Technical Support Ninja
    Arvixe Web Hosting
    Since Arvixe is under A Small Orange now, Ninjas are from ASO support, not Arvixe. It's their "normal" signature.

I'm so sad to see this thread, I'm so sorry for everyone having issues and I'm sorry for the support folks there, with few thousands tickets opened. It's not that I'm defending anyone here, but I believe that Ninjas/support are doing everything they can to help you all. I know you all are frustrated, but don't take it all to the support, they didn't ask for any of these.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Christoper Marshall View Post
    Do you know what Arvixe's policies are on refunds? I registered last December for two years all in one go with one payment, and after massive server load problems, MySQL crashes, downtime, the massive Dallas111 crash and now the support finally gone, I really need to move my site, I can't take any more of this.

But I do not have the money to just "waste" over a year's worth of hosting. Is it possible for me to get the remainder of my money that I have not used yet as a refund?
    Sadly unless they make an exception for you there are no refunds or pro-rated refunds past their 60 day money back guarantee period.

From Arvixe terms of service:
    Refunds will only be given when the refund request is received within 60 days of the creation of the account being cancelled.
      0 Not allowed!

Bloody hell!

I just registered with Arvixe for a month. I used to receive good support from them, but I spoke to a representative today, and man, the support was terrible!

Does anyone know of a shared hosting company, not owned by EIG, with GREAT support, and that is affordable? I only have like 3 domains, so a shared account with a limited amount of domains will do!

And if possible, pay between $7 and $8/month? Does anyone know of anything? This month I'll use Arvixe, but boy oh boy, I'm so done with them! The support is terrible.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggJ View Post
    Bloody hell!

I just registered with Arvixe for a month. I used to receive good support from them, but I spoke to a representative today, and man, the support was terrible!

Does anyone know of a shared hosting company, not owned by EIG, with GREAT support, and that is affordable? I only have like 3 domains, so a shared account with a limited amount of domains will do!

And if possible, pay between $7 and $8/month? Does anyone know of anything? This month I'll use Arvixe, but boy oh boy, I'm so done with them! The support is terrible.
    BigScoots, WebHostFace, Stablehost and Veerotech are some good providers fitting your requirements.
      1 Not allowed!

Too bad.
    I used to use Arvixe. They were a great hosting company until EIG bought them. So far, any host EIG buys, they ruin it. With the only exception being: A Small Orange.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by givehands View Post
    but Arvixe hosting is still reliable?
    I have an instance of opencart that no longer functions due to a DNS issue, it has been a week, two tickets, no response at all. It takes an hour for support to answer with nothing to offer when they do answer. Chat often has over 100 people in the queue. I am moving it to another host as I write, the arvixe ship is sinking time to jump off!!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GreggJ View Post

I'm using Hostwithlove for 3 domains (3 b2evolution blogs) and parking an additional 5 domains or so, one of which I'm using for development. Paying around $5-6 a month. They offer free SSL which I'm using on the dev domain. Been there about 4 months now, no significant issues so far.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by grafcdzn View Post
    I'm using Hostwithlove for 3 domains (3 b2evolution blogs) and parking an additional 5 domains or so, one of which I'm using for development. Paying around $5-6 a month. They offer free SSL which I'm using on the dev domain. Been there about 4 months now, no significant issues so far.
    I have a cloud account with westhost, great support. It has been a while since there has been any technical issues.
      0 Not allowed!

Forced Dedicated Server migration with 1 day notice? Hmmm. Not to mention the fact that they are doing the migrations rather than giving time to the customer to implement configurations and software required by their business? I wonder if they purchased identical software or whether they downgraded every dedicated customer without notice or permission. For all we know, they dumped everything on to virtual machines to save money. There is no trust when it comes to EIG/Avrixe/ASO and it's starting to become a pain not only to their customers but also their competition.

This migration should have taken place in rounds rather than all at once. As mentioned earlier in this discussion, maybe a class action lawsuit may be the next step. I would be willing to put some financial support into this.
      1 Not allowed!

I strongly suggest to anyone who gets their services back up that no matter what you plan to do you make a backup ASAP.
      2 Not allowed!

Actions that can be taken against The Endurance International Group, Inc. (EIG) Right now:

1. File a claim at BBB on The Endurance International Group, Inc.

BBB Post a Review, File a complaint or Report as a Scam
    http://www.bbb.org/boston/consumer/qualify/76863

2. Report EIG to the FTC and Justice Department

Please read the info below:
    http://www.justice.gov/atr/report-violations

then send email to:

antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov

3. Contact the law firm Andrews and Springer
    http://www.andrewsspringer.com/

In April 2015 they were Investigating Endurance International Group Holdings, Inc.
    for Potential Securities Fraud and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
    http://globenewswire.com/news-releas...f-Fiducia.html

4. Go to Twitter search for #Arvixe and #EIG retweet everything you see there

5. Spread the word to everyone you come in contact with.

All of these actions are Free and if we can get 1,000's of people to do these actions we can hopefully change or stop EIG from doing this to other Web Hosts out there.

I am betting base on Historical data that InMotion will be next 55% chance sure.

What is your bet looking into the future a year from now what Hosting Company would EIG destroy?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kbdavis07 View Post

I am betting base on Historical data that InMotion will be next 55% chance sure.

What is your bet looking into the future a year from now what Hosting Company would EIG destroy?
    Can you elaborate on your reference to InMotion?

Thanks, in advance.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ENVISIONocity View Post
    Can you elaborate on your reference to InMotion?

Thanks, in advance.
    InMotion told me they will never work with EIG.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast