Email via SMTP server

Hi All,

I'm having trouble sending email to a remote SMTP server

My set up is as follows

Server 1 = www.mydomain.com send and received emails
    Server 2 = shop.mydomain.com Online shop that using SMTP to send mail via server 1 using server 1 IP xx.xx.xx.xx to connect

But I'm now getting errors that are preventing emails being sent through server one as both have the same domain name - error below

2015-09-25 17:22:49 dovecot_login authenticator failed for (localhost) [xx.xx.xx.xx]:38505: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=xxx@mydomain.co.uk)

Any help would be great, before I pull all my hair out, I bet it will be simple a click of a button

Cheers

Keith
    VPS & Dedi with -
    UKServers (8/10) Clouvider (7/10) 12 month, Rapidswitch (1/10) 15Years+, Hivelocity (10/10) 7 Years, Clustered net (10+/10) 17Years+

Is it a remote or localhost SMTP server? The error has localhost in it unless if you changed it for your message. I know most ISP's block the SMTP port so you need to use their SMTP server to send out emails. I hope that helps you out.
    SepCity.com - Content Management / Portal Software Solutions
    Host on our network or buy our software to host on your own server

Quote Originally Posted by Dwagar View Post
    Is it a remote or localhost SMTP server? The error has localhost in it unless if you changed it for your message. I know most ISP's block the SMTP port so you need to use their SMTP server to send out emails. I hope that helps you out.
    These are two cpanel servers, one has the main site and email system, the other is a shop and send email back using the IP of the first server, both use the same domain one being a subdomain (shop.)

They also don't pass to ISP just between servers, this is where the issue is, I think as the domains are same this could be the issue as I get the error above even though username and password are fine
    VPS & Dedi with -
    UKServers (8/10) Clouvider (7/10) 12 month, Rapidswitch (1/10) 15Years+, Hivelocity (10/10) 7 Years, Clustered net (10+/10) 17Years+

Check out the below link. Looks like it could be file/directory permissions related:

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/ur...on-data.88525/
    ZEROSTOPBITS || Managed Web Hosting|| VPS Hosting || Server Management

www.ZEROSTOPBITS.com

Quote Originally Posted by keith007 View Post
    2015-09-25 17:22:49 dovecot_login authenticator failed for (localhost) [xx.xx.xx.xx]:38505: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=xxx@mydomain.co.uk)
    It says aythentication failed, that too for localhost. Make sure your script has the smtp server set as mydomain.co.uk or server1's IP and also make sure such a domain or entry does not exist in server2's localdomains.

In short, mydomain.co.uk should be present in /etc/remotedomains of server2 and should not be present in /etc/localdomains of server2
    Freelance Server Administrator
    Email : divineprad@gmail.com
    http://greproot.com