* A silly question, once I become a reseller

once I become a reseller... how do I get clients? I mean I know there's facebook and social medias to advertise on... but other than that.. how do I get more clients... assuming I have a good service to give them

sorry guys if I'm very questioning..

Great question! Good advertising is always key in the web hosting industry, and this forum is a great area to find a few clients. There is an advertising forum in which you can post a topic once a week (or even once every 6 days with Premium, or 3 with Corporate), and you should definitely get some exposure there. Just be sure to read the rules before posting just to make sure. Also be sure that your site looks good, and that your plans are well laid out with plenty of information. There is a book with further information that really helped me out when first getting started. You can view one of my well-detailed posts here in which I responded to a user who wanted to start their own business, but still had some questions, if your looking for more info. The link to that book should be in that thread as well.

<<snipped>>

There is never such a thing as asking too many questions! Good luck!
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 09-10-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    Volact - Professional Web Hosting
    99.9%+ Uptime | Affordable & Reliable | Blazing Fast Servers | cPanel Included
    AutoInstaller | SSD MySQL | Fast Support
    Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated, Backup, and SSL Solutions!

Wow thanks

one more question... how do I get something like that under your post...

This... haha

██ Volact - Professional Web Hosting
    ██ 99.9%+ Uptime | Affordable & Reliable | Blazing Fast Servers | cPanel Included
    ██ AutoInstaller | SSD MySQL | Unlimited Domains/Email | Fast Support
    ██ Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated, Backup, and SSL Solutions!

No problem! To do that, click on "Member Control Panel" at the top, and then find "Edit Signature", or use this link: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/profil...=editsignature

Just be sure to read the rules for it first, found under the rules link:

Custom User Titles, Locations, Profiles, and Signatures:
    The custom user title, location field, profile picture and signature options are edited via your Profile. Custom user titles and the location field are displayed next to your posted text, under your user name. Profile pictures are shown in your public profile. Signatures, once created in your profile, are attached to the end of your posts (if you choose the option to include your signature).

URLs or other forms of advertising (phone numbers, plans, contact details, etc.) are not allowed in custom user titles or names, which are limited to 25 characters. Also, you may not use custom titles or usernames to impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, WHT Staff, user groups, or any entity you are not associated with.
    Your location field cannot include URLs or other forms of advertising.
    Profile pictures cannot include sexually explicit or graphically intense images.
    Profile Summary (and all other modules) cannot include or link to illegal encouragement, harassment, sexually explicit, or other non-family-friendly content.
    Signatures:
    Are a benefit extended to WHT members who have made 10 helpful posts and completed 7 days of registration.
    Must be setup in your profile, and not manually added to your messages.
    May not contain any pricing, plan, sales, etc. details. "Free" is considered a price in the context of this rule.
    May not use the word "Free" to describe any cost.
    May contain a maximum of two smilies. Or one animated smiley.
    May include two clickable links.
    May include two colors, plus black.
    Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
    Must be kept to a maximum of four lines when viewed at 1024x768 resolution using the horizontal postbit.
    May not contain links to other threads or posts.
    Please keep special characters to a minimum.
    Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
    Any signature that is offensive or insulting to WHT, its members, or its staff, is prohibited.
    We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.
    Volact - Professional Web Hosting
    99.9%+ Uptime | Affordable & Reliable | Blazing Fast Servers | cPanel Included
    AutoInstaller | SSD MySQL | Fast Support
    Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated, Backup, and SSL Solutions!

Quote Originally Posted by megabut02 View Post
    Wow thanks

one more question... how do I get something like that under your post...
    To add a signature, go to "Edit Signature" on the left sidebar, in your "Member Control Panel" (Link at the top right of the site)

As far as getting customers, you can't expect them to come find you. There are way too many fish in the sea for that to happen! You have to be ready to work tirelessly to go get customers. Spend time on forums, (Hosting, developers, internet marketing, etc). Talk to people, get to know them, be helpful, follow the rules. Don't do it with the intent of "Getting" customers, do it to help people, and you will start to get customers trickling in. It will be a long, tiring journey. Don't expect to make a profit for months! But keep it up, provide quality and friendly service, and you will grow!

Best of luck to you!
    RDO Servers - Shared Hosting, Resellers, VPS, Dedicated Servers, & Secure Clusters
    Windows Hosting with Plesk Onyx - Linux Hosting with cPanel - LiteSpeed - CloudLinux - MariaDB
    Providing Excellent Hosting since 2009!

I read your whole reply to "Matter" on your link.. I have this "Getting & Managing your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting" book that came from host gator.. I read half of it and skipped the technical coding part (it's for the VPS so I skipped it) and then read the remaining chapters of the book.. I learned things but I find that what I read wasn't enough.. mostly because I'm in doubt... he only mentioned hostgator once or twice in the whole book and later talks about enom.. so my doubt began and I then I found WHT... I'm getting side tracked...

anyways... Thanks haha I learned a lot from that post you replied much thanks

You should learn internet marketing. Other option is SEO. Exception is if you have deep pockets in that case you can hire someone else to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by megabut02 View Post
    I read your whole reply to "Matter" on your link.. I have this "Getting & Managing your First 1,000 Clients in Web Hosting" book that came from host gator.. I read half of it and skipped the technical coding part (it's for the VPS so I skipped it) and then read the remaining chapters of the book.. I learned things but I find that what I read wasn't enough.. mostly because I'm in doubt... he only mentioned hostgator once or twice in the whole book and later talks about enom.. so my doubt began and I then I found WHT... I'm getting side tracked...

anyways... Thanks haha I learned a lot from that post you replied much thanks

It can be easy or hard to get clients. The number one thing you should always be sure of doing is that you are always there for your clients and you never leave them hanging. Usually the more clients you get the more will come. Best way to get clients is by word of mouth. Speak to your friends family and their people about your website and your services. Explain to them that you provider web hosting and such services and how they work.

Alternativly you can do online advertising but i can cost a pretty penny if you want it to pay back. other than that you can advertise online by like posting here on wht weekly ads and on other sites that are just like WHT. enjoy your stay just stick around don't give up and read read read. people learn new things every day thats the best part of life you can always be moving forward just need to make it happen and not give up.

word of mouth works very well
    DTS-NET in Business Since 1997
    █ Not Oversold | Low Server Loads | Domains | Managed Plans | VPS
    █ Cloud| CDN | SSL| Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers | Colocation

The best way is start bit by bit. Let your best friends to be your first clients, then friends of your friends etc. Do your best for each new and current client you have and in time you will have good cleintbase of satisfied clients.
    As it was mentored above - word of mouth.
    Also that is important to have some unique offer - so some market learning will be involved here.
    --> http://www.webhostingzone.org/
    --> Secure and Reliable Web Hosting Services - cPanel / CloudLinux / Softaculous - Atlanta Data Center
    --> VPS Hosting, Linux Support, SSL certificates and more!

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneWHZ View Post
    The best way is start bit by bit. Let your best friends to be your first clients, then friends of your friends etc. Do your best for each new and current client you have and in time you will have good cleintbase of satisfied clients.
    As it was mentored above - word of mouth.
    Also that is important to have some unique offer - so some market learning will be involved here.
    I agree, build up slowly and don't waste a load of money on anything. Build a site for free using free templates. Your only outgoings should be a domain name and hosting for your own web site. Try and get a few friends onboard as your first customers and never spend more than what you're earning from the hosting business. Yes it will take time to build up but you will know that you're not wasting money and in a few months, you may get bored with it. If you do, you haven't lost any money.