Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Godaddy

I find godaddy the best because it is the largest and if you sell or buy you can easily get pushed to your account.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wookeem18 View Post
    I find godaddy the best because it is the largest and if you sell or buy you can easily get pushed to your account.
    No. Just no.
    GoDaddy is surely a better registrar than it was a couple of years ago, but it's still among the ones at the bottom of the barrel; better go with Dynadot, Namecheap, Name.com or Internet.bs.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    No. Just no.
    GoDaddy is surely a better registrar than it was a couple of years ago, but it's still among the ones at the bottom of the barrel; better go with Dynadot, Namecheap, Name.com or Internet.bs.
    Bottom of the barrel? FUD...

It is still the largest domain registrars (unless passed recently, don't know).

If they were bottom barrel, they definitely would not be #1... lol

But there are many "opinions" that godaddy is not good... and people are entitled to those. And being the largest in anything definitely will give people ammunition to say you are not the best.

I've hosted over 70+ domains with godaddy without much trouble at all... moving domains in and out over many years.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
    Bottom of the barrel? FUD...

It is still the largest domain registrars (unless passed recently, don't know).

If they were bottom barrel, they definitely would not be #1... lol [....]
    #1 in width doesn't make it #1 in the rest - on the contrary, with GD it's been the opposite for a few years and just starting to get better this year.

[....] But there are many "opinions" that godaddy is not good... and people are entitled to those. And being the largest in anything definitely will give people ammunition to say you are not the best. [...]
    The last part is indeed true, big names always - always will - get complained over; it becomes different, though, when negative overshadows positive, as it has been fo GD in the last few years.

I'm glad GoDaddy worked for you, and I'm totally sure there's plenty and plenty of others who can say the same; still, those who say the opposite are a much bigger group - for now, things can always change.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
      0 Not allowed!

#1 in width doesn't make it #1 in the rest - on the contrary, with GD it's been the opposite for a few years and just starting to get better this year.

The last part is indeed true, big names always - always will - get complained over; it becomes different, though, when negative overshadows positive, as it has been fo GD in the last few years.

I'm glad GoDaddy worked for you, and I'm totally sure there's plenty and plenty of others who can say the same; still, those who say the opposite are a much bigger group - for now, things can always change.
    Yea, and most of those people you mention never even hosted with Godaddy, I'd bet... they come in here and say "my uncle's friend" had issues of an unknown kind with godaddy. They suck".

Everyone I know seem to love godaddy... in other words, they don't have issues. It is the place I recommend people who have one or two domains (although I hate their rebates/sales model to get a good deal).

While it can seem that those who are not happy are a much bigger group, I'd say that those who are not happy are a much louder group.
      0 Not allowed!

Yea, and most of those people you mention never even hosted with Godaddy, I'd bet... they come in here and say "my uncle's friend" had issues of an unknown kind with godaddy. They suck".
    Nope. Sorry (not sorry) to burst your bubble.
    Just head over to WebHostingGeeks.com; aside from the occasional fake review, 90% of opinions on the site are genuine...and for GoDaddy they are mostly first-person negative.

Everyone I know seem to love godaddy... in other words, they don't have issues. It is the place I recommend people who have one or two domains (although I hate their rebates/sales model to get a good deal).
    Who is this everyone? Usually newbies registering their first domain who don't know better and those who don't wanna face the hassle of changing registrar even though GD is bad - or GoDaddy affiliates.

While it can seem that those who are not happy are a much bigger group, I'd say that those who are not happy are a much louder group.
    That's completely true, but it is also valid for pretty much every provider around.
    My "ranking" is kidding.
      0 Not allowed!

Nope. Sorry (not sorry) to burst your bubble.
    Just head over to WebHostingGeeks.com; aside from the occasional fake review, 90% of opinions on the site are genuine...and for GoDaddy they are mostly first-person negative.
    90%? Right... where did you get that number? Exactly. Have you ever heard of people "gaming" reviews? Right.

But even if all of them are true, how many are there vs. how many people have hosted at Godaddy since the review site went up? As I said, if you have millions of people using your service, you will have a % who are not happy. That is life. And they will be loud.

Who is this everyone? Usually newbies registering their first domain who don't know better and those who don't wanna face the hassle of changing registrar even though GD is bad - or GoDaddy affiliates.
    Everyone is everyone I recommended. Exactly... first-hand accounts. Not some review I read online. That is important to understand... and no, I'm not a godaddy affiliate. Never made money off of them.

That's completely true, but it is also valid for pretty much every provider around.
    Everything I say is true. Believe it...

With that, I'm done with you here... please go host some domains with godaddy or have real friends, family, and associates on godaddy, like I have, instead of reading reviews online.
      0 Not allowed!

As the OP hasn't been back to the the thread (or forum) since the start of this thread, closed.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234