Thread: Cent Os Help

Cent Os Help

Hello I'm a Noob with centos linux and was wondering if anyone could help me.

Your server comes with IPMI access that allows you to mount OS CD's remotely and do the OS install yourself. You can access this from your portal.

How would I get the ISO without a cd and how would i get it to work.

IPMI helps you to do all remote management works to a server.
    Like you are sitting infront of the Monitor make bios modification (Literally)

This also let you do many other things like installing Operating System Remotely.

Consult with your Server Provider, get the URL of the Portal and the steps to reach the IPMI View Page.

Once you got into the IPMI Web View, Browse through the options, You will get to know & learn to do.

There will be option to Mount ISO of any Operating System and Boot the Server to the ISO you mounted, Like booting from a DVDROM.

You also require JAVA for the IPMI Web View Make sure, You have Java installed and enabled on your browser.

A .iso is a computer image file of a CD, this is typically downloadable from most software producers.

For Centos 6.7 any of these mirrors will have the ISO files you are looking for
    http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/6/isos/x86_64/

You can find all Centos Download mirrors at https://wiki.centos.org/Download

Once logged into your IPMI you should be able to mount these files via "remote media" or "virtual media".
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com

Thank you all! I have another question what if my computer does not have a cd drive to burn a iso how would I get this done for reinstalling a os?

Quote Originally Posted by Nappa_92 View Post
    Thank you all! I have another question what if my computer does not have a cd drive to burn a iso how would I get this done for reinstalling a os?
    Err, you don't need a CD drive in your computer. IPMI mounts the ISO as virtual media so you can install the operating system onto your server remotely, transferring it via your internet connection. Most dedicated server hosts install an operating system initially for free, as it only takes a few minutes to do. Unless you are getting an extremely cheap unmanaged server, they should be fine with doing this for you.

You can Google for a quick guide, just search "Supermicro IPMI mount ISO".
    ExtraVM - DDoS Protected NVMe VPS, Website Hosting, & Game Servers
    Dallas, TX | Miami, FL | Los Angeles, CA | Piscataway, NJ | Amsterdam, NL | Singapore | Tokyo, JP

I'm a noob with centos and trying to learn could someone maybe add me on skype and maybe give me some hints?

Moved.......

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Hi,

An ISO is an image that is used to burn into the CD, however, this image can directly be used in a virtual drive as if you have put in a real CD in it. IMPI gives you the option to mount this image in it, so it projects this image as a CD-ROM to the real server remotely.
    www.24x7servermanagement.com
    Server Management, Server Security, Server Monitoring.
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider !! Skype: techs24x7