Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many speeding tickets?

How many speeding tickets have you gotten in your life? Personally, I've had 0! And I drive about 80mph on the freeways here (in California) and around 10-15mph over the speed limit sometimes on other streets. Residential is still 25mph though, I hate it when people zoom by on my street where kids play.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Just one. 93 in a 70 zone, on I-5 driving to Stockton, CA.

im waiting on one now, got flashed by a speed camera the other day doing about 120kmph in a 80/70kmph..
    if i am 45 over the speed limit, i will lose my licence as i only got 6 demerit points left
    i hope i dont! because im still on probabation, and they dont suspend your licence they cancel it, so i have to do it all again.. :/
    in Australia we use kilometers per hour not miles for people wondering .
    its just so easy to speed though without really realizing.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!

Werent speed limits like 55 on the highway 20 years ago?

About that, yeah. In California on most highways its 65mph now, and on Interstate 5 at some points and a few other major roads it's been up at 70mph for a while.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Wow... I wonder when it will be near 100! Or like the auto-bahn (sp?) with no limit .

I can't imagine having anything similar to the Autobahn here in North America. We have so many crappy drivers, it would be total carnage out there.

I've probably gotten a dozen to 15 speeding tickets in my lifetime. May seem like a lot, but that's spread over 28 years of driving...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I haven't had any I walk fast, but not that fast

I was in a cab once that was pulled over though. The driver turned the meter off while he did the "talking to cop bit"

Originally posted by alapo
    Wow... I wonder when it will be near 100! Or like the auto-bahn (sp?) with no limit .
    You haven't lived until you've gone over 100 MPH in a Volkswagon beetle on the autobahn. They make them better and faster over there, or at least did when I was there many years ago.

No speeding tickets for me. Came close once, but as the cop was getting out of the car, a truck flew past doing what seemed like 80+ and he waved me off.

none and i've gone past a police car doing 30mph over the limit withot realiseing

Someone's watching over me !

got one .. it was silly 72 in a 55 mph zone .. sometimes cops just want to give tickets at the end of the month to fill their quota .. it's just plain stupid ..
    Looking for experienced PHP programmer/designer - PM me

Never had one!

once. potentially twice
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    once. potentially twice
    Hehe, how do you potentially get a speeding ticket?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Im still waiting ?
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Residential is still 25mph though, I hate it when people zoom by on my street where kids play.
    I believe school zone speed limit was the only question I missed on my written test. My neighbor, who recently threatened to kill me, put up a sign on our street for people to slow down. Like we don't already know the speed limit or something. It's a dead end street and with the sign only 3 houses from the end, how fast can we go anyway without running out of road? He and his neighbor can do wheelies on their motorcycles and race them up and down the street though as well as spinning the tires on a car their building but they don't want us doing it.

As for tickets, I lost track, but I just started saving up my money and buying them off when I was on the edge of accumulating too many points. It's amazing what a few bucks will buy ya nowadays including the right to drive how you want. I've gotten tix when I was still waiting to pay others. I told the cop who pulled me over that I already had a ticket and he didn't need to give me another but he just said they were gonna get my license and gave me the ticket anyway. I told him they weren't getting my license and they never did. I just kept paying double the fine and getting out of them. I refuse to be trained like a dog like everyone else. I worked a lot of hours to pay for the right to drive how I want. One of my last tix, about 5-10 yrs ago, was probably around $300 by the time I paid the ticket, lawyer, and driving school. I've only had 1 after that one when I moved across the state line where people drive like me.

If you really think about it, I've basically worked for the government for most of my life whether it be through outragous taxes, fines, or some other way they want to suck me for all my money.

My only ticket: I was driving 65km/h at the bottom of a steep hill. Speed limit 50km/h

Guess who pulls out.... Never thought any cop would ever give a ticket to someone doing so little over (it is the edge of a city, 4 lanes, no people anywhere).

I was talking to an OPP a few days later he mocked the Owen Sound police for being such an ass
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

I almost got one a couple of times when I was in the army. The key is to first piss them off by showing them your expired driver's license. And then you explain to them that "JAG told me that I could drive on my expired license as long as I could present my military ID." Then comes the sob story that you're only on a three day pass and just trying to get home and back to see your family that you haven't seen in years.

Last one I got as a civilian, I gave the magistrate a sob story about being the only sober one. Which I was. I was the only sober person driving us home in someone else's car. You know how driving an unfamiliar car can prevent you from being aware of your speed. I said he might be giving me a bad impression of volunteering. That next time I would just have to let my friends drive drunk to avoid putting myself in a similar circumstance. He knocked it down to "impeding traffic".

So 0 for me. I never drive more than 4 miles over the speed limit anymore.

I've never got a ticket, but all i can say is if you get one, send in an extra $10 in your check, when they send you a $10 check, rip it up, the ticket will never go on your record. My cousin did this to 3 tickets in a row and has gotten 0 on his record.

-Dennis
    24/7 support means "24 hours a day, 7 days a week" and not "24 days a month, 7 months a year"

Re: How many speeding tickets?

Originally posted by SolidJoe
    How many speeding tickets have you gotten in your life? Personally, I've had 0! And I drive about 80mph on the freeways here (in California) and around 10-15mph over the speed limit sometimes on other streets. Residential is still 25mph though, I hate it when people zoom by on my street where kids play.
    Zero tickets in 24 years of driving. Most freeways here in the Phoenix area are 65mph, as soon as you get out of the city they are 75mph. You can do 70 and 80 without worry.

We have lots of photo radar in the area. My city, Mesa at least puts up a warning sign before you get to radar, most areas do not.

Our neighborhood streets are 25 but I drive 20 to be safe, too many kids and cats. It really pisses me off when I get speeders on our neighborhood streets. These days though to yell at one of them and you have a bullet through the front window.

Originally posted by Dmax
    I've never got a ticket, but all i can say is if you get one, send in an extra $10 in your check, when they send you a $10 check, rip it up, the ticket will never go on your record. My cousin did this to 3 tickets in a row and has gotten 0 on his record.
    -Dennis
    Sounds like a whopper of an urban legend to me.

Four but the last one was like 6 years ago. I just jinxed myself now!

2 one when I was 16 and one about 6 years ago.

I've been pulled over, many times, 50 or 60 I guess (used to drive for Dominos when I was 18 & 19). I can usually talk my way out of anything unless it's Xmas time or one of those small town bastards who subsidize their whold damn town on speed traps (nothing like barreling along on a 4 lane highway, out in the middle of nowhere and passing a half hidden 35 MPH speed limit sign as you blink and miss "downtown Trinity").
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

I get tickets all the time. But I never get little tickets, I always get like $200+ ones for doing 80-90 on the highways.

I once tried to outrun the cop by going behind a truck and taking an exit and then when he pulled me over I said "I didn't see you, i was rushing home to goto the bathroom" LOL -- Of course I still got the ticket.
    Jeffrey J. Dodge (aka ex0dus)
    Developer/Owner
    exoControl (http://exocontrol.rwjd.com) - Half-Life Web Control Panel

I have only gotten one ... and I want to keep it that way ... but it was a dosey (spelling?) ... 83 in a 55 ... But I only got fined $100.00 ... I was VERY happy.
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com