Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Blesta over WHMCS

Hello WHT

I need your help in decision making, I am a somewhat happy whmcs client been with them for almost four years, recently been wondering what better alternatives are there as I kinda feel forced to use WHMCS sort of like an industry standard.

I came across blesta on here and seems to me more people swear by blesta and claim it is better than whmcs.

So I want to know your story, how is blesta compared to WHMCS, how long have you used it, was the switch easy and give me the good and the bad so we can make an informed decision to switch.

A few things to note, we like customizability, which is something whmcs really lacks e.g. useful api functions and code access but that's not enough to switch.

I will look forward to all your replies.

Blesta has a MUCH better code base and API. It's better software.

That said, it's not on WHMCS's level feature wise. Lots of little things. So try it out for a week or two and make sure it'll do.

I like blesta been using it for a couple of months its sleek and easy to configure. WHMCS has alot more options but is more difficult to setup then blesta to me.

WHMCS I think much easy to setup then Blesta.
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Squidix - SamBarrow View Post
    Blesta has a MUCH better code base and API. It's better software.

That said, it's not on WHMCS's level feature wise. Lots of little things. So try it out for a week or two and make sure it'll do.
    Fully agree.

Your best bet is to try it out (they offer a free trial) and see if it meets your needs in regards features.
    Hostlumina - Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Canadian and US Shared Hosting - Domain Registrations - SSL Certificates
    http://www.hostlumina.com

Quote Originally Posted by lastminutehosting View Post
    I like blesta been using it for a couple of months
    On a live site, with clients? The one in your sig doesn't appear to be open.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

We haven't used neither WHMCS nor Blesta but the first one seems to me more flexible due to existing commercial addons.

For example we need fair daily billing: in fact the only possible way to make it fair is to count the definitions hourly (if they don't, a client could pay and activate our service right before midnight and be blocked right after it). So instead of "daily" billing we should use "hourly" - in WHMCS this can be done by implementing commercial addons but I haven't found this functionality in Blesta. Yes, they do have daily terms but it's unclear when exactly (at what hour) the client pays for a daily package.

Surprised that the guy from Licensecart has not been here yet to bash WHMCS - that is one of his favorite past-times (probably because he sells Blesta licenses - no conflict of interest there lol)
    Providing WHMCS,ClientExec,Blesta,Wordpress,Forum Integrations And More!
    WebsiteIntegrations.Com - We also offer Design Services and More! - WebsiteIntegrations.Com
    Order Our WHMCS Premium Integration! - WHMCSintegrations.Com

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    We use it for our minecraft hosting it is not live yet on the domain on my sig. It works well with multicraft we tried hostbill and whmcs before but blesta worked perfectly for minecraft hosting.

The domain management capability of Blesta is not good. If domain sales and management is part of your business, then Blesta is not yet ready for serious consideration.

Here's a thread within the Blesta forums to discuss the issue:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.p...nt-and-blesta/
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

That's the exact reason I didn't go with Blesta on one of my new brands.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    The domain management capability of Blesta is not good. If domain sales and management is part of your business, then Blesta is not yet ready for serious consideration.

Here's a thread within the Blesta forums to discuss the issue:

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.p...nt-and-blesta/
    VimHost >> 30 Days Backup | cPanel + LiteSpeed + JetBackup | DMCA FREE!
    20 Years in business ~ Premium Hosting in Toronto, Canada ~ 151 Front Street (Canadian owned and operated)

I find Blesta so much easier to use then WHMCS. And configuration was easier too.

Blesta is very good for developpers, and people who want to change almost everithing or add new functuionality.

Blesta has a lot of good developpers that help and make modules and plugins for free to help improve it.

Blesta still dpsent have a very good Domain system, but it will work great out of the box, they still lack on multiple prices for diferentes Types (Registrer/Transfer/Renew), they use one price for all Types (I have made some modifications to be able to ser diferentes prices and its easy to implement), also they dont have Namespin, but its not hard to implement also, finaly they still dont have cron base auto check Transfer. Comparing with WHMCS everithing elese Blesta as iqual in domain system

Blesta is great if you know how to code or if you have any developper working for you

Like i always said and many people also, try it, they have a WHMCS importer that imports almost everithing (Clientes, Invoices, Products/Services/Hosting/Servers/Dimains etc., Support Tickets, etc..)

What's your involvement with WHMCS? You are very defensive on every WHMCS post and you used to be a mod on their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    What's your involvement with WHMCS?
    What does that have to do with me asking about Blesta? To answer it anyway (now for the umpteenth time), none, other than I'm a paying customer.
    you used to be a mod on their forums.
    Not for *years* now. Let it go. It didn't influence me then, and it's not doing so now.

What does that have to do with me asking about Blesta? To answer it anyway (now for the umpteenth time), none, other than I'm a paying customer.
    Not for *years* now. Let it go. It didn't influence me then, and it's not doing so now.
    You need to be open to new ideas - every WHMCS thread on here has posts from you, usually defensive. Cheer up bear, have a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post
    You need to be open to new ideas
    I am. I'm also doing my job as a moderator, though. Having tried Blesta, I didn't find it as easy to set up as WHMCS (or CE, or even MB before it), so asked since it's not on the site in his signature. We have a rule about having first hand experience here when talking about a product or provider.
    - every WHMCS thread on here has posts from you, usually defensive.
    I think you're mistaken. Being a user of it I sometimes post in them, but defensive? Every WHMCS thread? Sorry, no.

@bear
    I also like WHMCS, but for a new user, WHMCS is not easy to setup non of the billing sistems out there even blesta is not easy to setup for a new user

For me, as an software consulting (yes this is my real job), the best ones are:

1º - BoxBilling (few option, so its easy to setup)
    2º - Blesta (few option, so its easy to setup)
    3º - WHMCS (lots of option, so its very confusing for a new user)
    4º - ClientExec (The new 3.0 is very confusing to setup)
    5º - Hostibill (The interface they have, its very confusing to understand for a new user)
    6º - Ubersmith (The most complex out there, lots os option, its like a labirint)

There are more but the are almost forgotten (WHMAutoPilot and AWBS, if AWBS was "alive" it will be the number one off all)

All of them have they learning curve, all are diferent, and its a good thing, WHMCS is the standard because all outher companies and newbies have folow the wagon (like me), now the wagon as "broken" and everyone as strated to "jump" to outher "wagons" eheh

@all WHT members
    Try before buy, then after you have try, ask questions, search the internet for "real" reviews, and in the end make your own decision what is the best solution for you. For me its blesta.

I used Blesta for about a year. I wasn't really a big fan. It lacked too many features for my liking. I switched back to WHMCS, and it works for me.

Not saying Blesta is a bad application, it's just not a good fit for my company.

We like the ease and simplicity of Blesta/ClientExec, but as other users have pointed out they are missing too many features that WHMCS has.

I think that Blesta lacks a lot of features that WHMCS has. I wasn't too happy with all the things it lacked.

Quote Originally Posted by zackmagee View Post
    I used Blesta for about a year. I wasn't really a big fan. It lacked too many features for my liking. I switched back to WHMCS, and it works for me.

Not saying Blesta is a bad application, it's just not a good fit for my company.
    Can you tell me one functionality that is missing on blesta that you needed?

Quote Originally Posted by babypurin View Post
    We like the ease and simplicity of Blesta/ClientExec, but as other users have pointed out they are missing too many features that WHMCS has.
    Can you, also, tell me one functionality that is missing on blesta that you needed?

Thanks in advance

Guys blesta sucks. hehehe Get it straight. More secure, better API, better people? Yeah sure 100%. Still is nowhere near whmcs. Unfortunately.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by HRR1963 View Post
    Guys blesta sucks. hehehe Get it straight. More secure, better API, better people? Yeah sure 100%. Still is nowhere near whmcs. Unfortunately.
    Thanks for your great complete and very understanding honest opinion

Quote Originally Posted by qlpqlp View Post
    Thanks for your great complete and very understanding honest opinion
    Sure, anytime. By the way no offense intended.

For me setting up products in blesta is ridiculously complicated in comparison with whmcs. "In comparison...
    --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast