The Windows 10 Saga Continues.

Just saw this on the news. I have no clue since we have no plans right now to go past 7.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/30/90...apps-complaint

Bogus. Not hard at all, if anything it is easier as it doesn't ask you twice like in Windows 8.1.

You are missing out not going beyond 7.

I certainly don't agree with forcing Edge as the default in 10 (didn't we go through this in the 90s with IE), but it's really not that hard to choose
    Settings -> Default Apps -> Web Browser

Most browsers any more have a 'is this the default browser' check in them as well, in their own settings
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Seems to me as if Mozilla wants a share of the spotlight Microsoft is having right now for Windows 10. Clever, if not ridiculous.

Upgraded from 7 to 10, and Firefox was still the default after the upgrade completed. Changed it to Edge to test something, and changed back to Firefox without issue.

6. Well, I stopped using mozilla firefox a few years ago. It just wasn't working properly anymore. I kept having problems with loading pages. I think I had windows 8 or 8.1 installed. Then I switched to using google Chrome. I was never a fan of Internet Explorer. Now that I have Windows 10, I don't dislike edge that much, but I notice I have problems using youtube, so I keep using Chrome as my prefered web browser

Went from 7 to 10 and had no issues, I guess it also depends on your hardware compatibility.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ss-reboot-loop

Windows 10: broken update forces some users into endless reboot loop
    Mandatory automatic update for operating system causes issues as broken patch makes it reach certain percentage of installation before failing and rolling back
    Good times
    Caro.net :: Engineered Hosting
    Engineered Hosting solutions including Cloud, Dedicated, Colocation, and Managed Services.

Quote Originally Posted by caronet-tommy View Post
    That reboot issue seems to be on HP machines, I had the same issue with Windows 7 on an HP all-in-one desktop. Installed Windows 10 from scratch and problem solved.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

The plot thickens.. Even when told not to, Windows 10 just can’t stop talking to Microsoft:

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...-to-microsoft/

Windows 10 uses the Internet a lot to support many of its features. The operating system also sports numerous knobs to twiddle that are supposed to disable most of these features and the potentially privacy-compromising connections that go with them.

Unfortunately for privacy advocates, these controls don't appear to be sufficient to completely prevent the operating system from going online and communicating with Microsoft's servers.
    Caro.net :: Engineered Hosting
    Engineered Hosting solutions including Cloud, Dedicated, Colocation, and Managed Services.

As someone who works with end users on a regular basis in IT support. They find changing the default browser difficult, so I can see how FrieFox would feel that way. The old simple click Yes to set the default browse is easy. Going through menus is not easy for your average PC user. Maybe Firefox should change their prompt to tell the user where to go and set the default browser.

I also find it annoying that Windows 10 uses your internet connection to host windows updates to the internet. We had to turn this off for a customers location who upgrade to Windows 10 and noticed their internet was running horrible.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224981/how-...-the-internet/