Hi everyone!

I am in search for a graduation thesis topic.
Recently I found a company where I could do my final internship.
Their site is hosted by AWS, and the problem for which I would be hired is to find a way to route all traffic related to specific URL to one EC2 instance.
The page stored on this URL is CPU intensive application, so by separating it's traffic they will keep the rest of the server (used by staff and clients to make reservations) unaffected by the heavy load.

With the default Elastic Load Balancer (Layer 4 only) provided by Amazon it is impossible, so I would have to configure another one which provides Layer 7 visibility.

This is all fine, but the thesis should be research based, and should last 20 weeks, while to implement the new LB wouldn't take much time and also there is no research.

My initial idea was "How to enable efficient traffic routing based on url in AWS cloud environment, while optimizing response time by implementing the most suitable LB algorithm and improving loading time by configuring the most cost effective CDN", and the research would be:

1. Find out which load balancers support layer 7 visibility
2. Benchmark all load balancing algorithms and find out which one performs best
3. Benchmark all CDNs and choose the one with best loading time / price ratio

If you think something can be improved with mine, or you have some other idea about what could I research during this internship, please reply, so I could improve the proposal before sending it to school.

Thanks,
Defqon