Gigabean testimonials?

Hi,
    I'm leaving Whizhost due to their downtime and started looking at WHT for another host. I came across many, and made a list of those with the most positive comments. Since Gigabean was judged fairly positive around here and is a lot less expensive then United hosting, httpme or voxtreme, I'll probably go with them.
    First I would like to have some testimonials though, since I didn't found that many during my searches here. If you can, please tell me about downtime, speed and support.
    Oh, does anyone know if they are overselling or not?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by RodrigoWFG; 06-01-2003 at 02:49 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

After being hosted with them for the past 5 months or so, overall, I'd give them a pretty good rating. Although they've had some downtime for a few minutes and have had occassional high server loads, speeds and response times have usually been fairly good. Support times are usually pretty good especially considering their situation. It's basically a 1-man operation, but it seems like he makes himself available most of the time. There's no ticketing system that I know of yet, but this is something I believe they're looking into. In the meantime, email responses are fairly quick and they have a phone number for emergency support issues. And from what I understand, they allow some reseller overselling, but moniter what resellers are allotting as well as what's being used.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the info
    He responds very fast indeed, I recently asked a question regarding his service and got a reply in 2 minutes.
      0 Not allowed!

Gigabean great so far

I've been with Gigabean for a fairly short amount of time (since Feb), but I've been with other resellers before and am really happy I switched to Gigabean.

Curtis is very responsive and goes the extra mile to help his customers out, even if it's beyond the scope of his responsibility.

There was some downtime but it was resolved fairly quickly. Some improvements I would make to his service was mentioned by someone else on WHT, specifically, a public forum for pre-sales.

Gigabean has Cpanel/WHM and has xskin and I think Vertex skins installed. He also allows overselling but no longer allows resellers to make up plans with "unlimited" space, etc.

I recommend Gigabean to anybody.

Anna
      0 Not allowed!

Some improvements I would make to his service was mentioned by someone else on WHT, specifically, a public forum for pre-sales.
    I think they've had a forum since they've started, but recently it's changed. I'm not sure if it's as noticable now as it was.
      0 Not allowed!

As far as I've seen their forum is now for customers only.
      0 Not allowed!