Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy2011 View Post
    They are yet down again. When trying to access my server panel from within client area this is what I get :

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@my.peakservers.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Again, please check your email, this is a scheduled maintenance. Our techs are still working on all of the servers No worries, you will be up soon.
    Jon - Co-Owner
    BreezeHost - Providing High Quality Performance Services
    www.BreezeHost.io | Join our Discord Server!

I've been down since this afternoon. Is it supposed to take this long? Why is maintenance being done during the day anyways, shouldn't this have been done at night?

There should have been much more communication for this maintenance event considering how much impact hours and hours of downtime causes. Additionally it should have been scheduled for Off Peak hours. I would never schedule a single shared webserver for maintenance noon-midnight let alone virtualization nodes full of them.

Did anyone get emails before the 29th notifying you of this maintenance event?

Quote Originally Posted by t325 View Post
    I've been down since this afternoon. Is it supposed to take this long? Why is maintenance being done during the day anyways, shouldn't this have been done at night?
    t325,

You should not be seeing any accessibility issues, scheduled maintenance should be completed by now. If you are still seeing issues please open a support ticket and staff will be able to assist you.

On a side note, we agree with you that a day time maintenance was not the most optimal time for this maintenance. We strongly urged for any maintenance etc to be done during off hours, for those who use our services, they know this is standard practice for us.

Unfortunately, we did not have any say in this maintenance window and this was dictated by Austin, the exiting Peak Servers owner who is still as of current the legal owner, however on the positive side we are moving very close to final legal integration which we will send announcements out as things progress into our ownership.
    | ServerHub | an INC 500 Company | Enterprise Dedicated and Cloud Solutions Built for Scale |
    | AS62904: Dallas TX, Chicago IL, New York NY, Seattle WA, Phoenix AZ, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL | AS49532: Frankfurt DE, Amsterdam NL | sales@serverhub.com |

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
    There should have been much more communication for this maintenance event considering how much impact hours and hours of downtime causes. Additionally it should have been scheduled for Off Peak hours. I would never schedule a single shared webserver for maintenance noon-midnight let alone virtualization nodes full of them.

Did anyone get emails before the 29th notifying you of this maintenance event?
    Dave,

I completely agree with you, the scheduling and timing of this maintenance window was completely dictated by the previous Peak Servers owner and not our team, we would certainly not have choose such date/time. We made strong advisement to Peak Servers regarding the maintenance taking place, that it be during a different time set, however since they are still the legal owner, this process was dictated by them. However, with that being said, during this time we have taken very important steps to integrate our network into the Peak Servers brand, which will now improve performance considerably and completes a major milestone in performance and reliability. This was also a very important step to ensure the continued stability of Peak Servers prior to legal integration. With this additional important step in place, we now have greater control on any network matters related to Peak Servers prior to legal integration as all cross-connects etc are now in place utilizing our AS number and transit.
    | ServerHub | an INC 500 Company | Enterprise Dedicated and Cloud Solutions Built for Scale |
    | AS62904: Dallas TX, Chicago IL, New York NY, Seattle WA, Phoenix AZ, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL | AS49532: Frankfurt DE, Amsterdam NL | sales@serverhub.com |

Any idea when all the VPS's will be back up? Mine is sill down although I can get to the vps control panel.

FredForrest, mine is back up.

It seems that my SSH keys are corrupt and I cannot log in but it's up.....

FredForrest, mine is back up.

It seems that my SSH keys are corrupt and I cannot log in but it's up.....
    Please feel free to submit a ticket via the ticket system and the support team will be glad to assist!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSH View Post
    Please feel free to submit a ticket via the ticket system and the support team will be glad to assist!
    I took care of it, it was just very odd.

JohnSH, when are you officially taking over all operations?

Dave,

That is great news. As for the official/legal operations. This are progressing every day between both entities. Officially, we are anticipating by the end of August for everything to be "rubber stamped" official. Before hand we are also working on major milestones such as additional integration. (We already took this time to integrate our network into Peak Servers, this has been completed and customers are already now going to see the major benefits of this)

my websites are still down and the tech support takes 5+ hours to respond

Blazedout,

I don't have any tickets currently in que. Please PM me your information so I can look this up for you.
    Jon - Co-Owner
    BreezeHost - Providing High Quality Performance Services
    www.BreezeHost.io | Join our Discord Server!

Quote Originally Posted by jonbeard View Post
    Blazedout,

I don't have any tickets currently in que. Please PM me your information so I can look this up for you.
    i can't pm so here is the support ticket , #LG-819166

Peak servers is down again. Nothing has changed it seems. No news as to why it's down.

Quote Originally Posted by nelgin View Post
    Peak servers is down again. Nothing has changed it seems. No news as to why it's down.
    Not down for me, a bit slow but not offline.

My server is unreachable here also. Can reach peakservers.com and the SolusVM frontend at svm.vpstools.com but not my VPS, and the SVM frontend says "The host is currently unavailable." Can't ping my VPS from my home or from the VPS that I'm probably going to move this site to. (My patience has finally run out.)

And now we're back up. But for how long? And that was what, 4 hours? After the random unscheduled maintenance yesterday.
    The service under this transition is just as bad as it was before, if not worse.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	31846

Mine's back up, but what's also concerning is the fact the support ticket I entered, marked high priority went unanswered for an hour. I closed it on my own after noticing I was back up.

Since Peak Servers has a 100% uptime guarantee, and my server has not been up 100% of the time, will we be seeing any adjustments on our invoices?

You're hilarious. There never was a specific SLA regarding uptime. They might as well have said "150% uptime" or "infinity % uptime" for all the good it does.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concerns, I wanted to chime in on this thread. As of right now as mentioned in the post, we are not the legal owners of the peak servers brand, however we care very deeply for the well being of every peak servers customers, hence why we continue to help as extensively as the current owners are allowing us to prior to this acquisition being completed.

From my knowledge there are no outstanding issues at the present time. Until such time we have full control, some of our abilities are limited.

What we have been doing for several dozen customers thus far is offering them a fast track to migrate to our network, several customers have taken up this offer and have successfully migrated to our network and have begun to enjoy the benefits of our network and reliability.

For anyone interested in this expedited transfer please feel free to PM or contact me directly via my email which is johnb@ (I've avoided posting the email so robots don't scrape it). We would be happy to help with an expedited solution as well as some free service credits too!

Our biggest challenge is the fact that we do not have full control of peak servers, and we are constantly monitoring and ensuring customers well being before this transition, because our business model is centered around customer service and we care for every customer regardless of size.

I want to also reiterate that the issues of peak servers in no way reflects how we operate our business. We are here to help in anyway that we can And please Let me know directly if there is anything we can to provide you with excellent service.

John,

With all due respect, you should probably have kept quiet about taking over Peakservers until such time you did have access to do something about the ongoing issues. A lot of the customers are going to look to you for resolution. You said that things were going to improve, and so far they haven't. Sounds like a lot of hopes, including mine, have been raised. Considering you said that you've had problems getting access from the current owner to the infrastructure in the past, it doesn't exactly leave me with the warm fuzzy feeling that you're ever likely to get it. You're either going to take over, or you're not. Why ever would you agree and not put it onto immediate effect rather than let the current owner drum what he's already go into the ground, leaving you with a useless shell. Customers are going to start leaving since you cannot deliver on the promises you outlined.

Nelgin,

Thank you for the reply, it has been truly unfortunate some of the setbacks that have resulted from the previous owners negligence, this has been outside of our control and certainly not the way we would handle things.

We certainly want each and every customer to look to us for resolution, one of the reasons we made this announcement early was to be able to assist customers with early migrations to our network, in doing so those customers would see an immediate resolution to the previous issues plagued by Peak Servers.

We could not let stand the potential of another hosting company fluttering into the night, causing issues for the hosing community, this left us with the tough decision of an early acquisition regardless of the legalities were in place. Although this has made some aspects considerably tough, we feel it was worth the risk, as it has ensured that peak servers customers will indeed see stability, and now have the ability to expedite migration.

Additionally, we also flew additional technical staff from our offices around the US to the peak servers location to assist with these migrations, to ensure a skilled and expert migration process from end to end with minimal disruption.

Rest assured we continue to step in to help wherever we can and are taking all proper steps to expedite all the legal aspects. In terms of customers looking for immediate transfer, we have been offering customers a free of charge way to expedite migration to our platform. The customers who have taken advantage of this have been extremely happy with the process. Our primary concern is each customer involved, we put our customers first before anything else, in everything we do.

This expedited transfer to our network and servers is without cost, and includes service credits towards future services, we understand that customers have previously been inconvenienced by the previous owners mismanagement and we feel that assisting via expedited migration and financial compensation will assist in lessening the burden and placing their mind at ease as they transition to our solid enterprise platform. Please feel free to PM me directly or send me an email and I can help you with this process, if you wish to provide your phone number in the PM I would be happy to personally reach out to you as well and discuss with you the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSH View Post
    This expedited transfer to our network and servers is without cost, and includes service credits towards future services, we understand that customers have previously been inconvenienced by the previous owners mismanagement and we feel that assisting via expedited migration and financial compensation will assist in lessening the burden and placing their mind at ease as they transition to our solid enterprise platform. Please feel free to PM me directly or send me an email and I can help you with this process, if you wish to provide your phone number in the PM I would be happy to personally reach out to you as well and discuss with you the progress.
    Does this transfer require changing ip addresses?

Hi

Im facing a lot of cancellation of customers from my end as we are running mail server in VPS. Today again facing a down time which is screwing up our business big time. I have 10 VPS with Peakserver with few of it renewed recently. Planning to cancel all the VPS & claim for a refund as its leading to closure of our VPS. @JohnSH what I can do at the is scenario?

Does this transfer require changing ip addresses?
    That will depend on your certain setup, in some cases yes, in other no. Contact me directly and I can let you know for sure

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast