cPanel for Cloud Hosting Servers?

Is cPanel generally available for cloud hosting servers? If I wanted to use Amazon EC2- could I also use cPanel with it?

cPanel and CloudLinux is available on AWS, check out their marketplace
    █► AllWorldIT ~ ISP / Hosting Provider / Government / Carrier Solutions
    █► HostOnARope ~ 24/7 SupportShared HostingReseller HostingVPS Servers
    █► www.hostonarope.com | AllWorldIT Online Product Range | visit AllWorldIT.com
    █► Official Proxmox Partner ~ UK/USA/ZASupport & SLA's Available

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    Is cPanel generally available for cloud hosting servers? If I wanted to use Amazon EC2- could I also use cPanel with it?
    There is no reason why you can't so long as you are running an OS that supports cPanel.
    Cloudstra - Join the cloud revolution!
    Provider of SSD powered Clouds! Visit our Facebook page for discounts!
    Full redundancy | Auto-failover | Enterprise Hardware | Instant scalability
    8 Cloud locations: Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Sydney & Singapore

Hi,

Yes cPanel can be installed in Amazon Cloud using the VPS license .
    A U T O M 8 N . C O M
    High Available webstack for cPanel
    Active-Active redundancy and High Availability plugin for cPanel

cPanel themselves have provided exquisite documentation to help you achieve this.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/dis...+on+Amazon+AWS

"Cloud" is no different in terms of the way the computing instance functions compared to any standard VPS, hosted on a stand-alone physical dedicated server. So one would install a cPanel VPS license on a Cloud server the same way one would do it on a Virtual Machine.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

I have been doing a lot of research on this and from what I've read time and again is that cloud hosting is a security risk. You aren't talking about a private cloud solution but public and how do you know where your data is?

Cloud hosting is any time better than VPS hosting. You can get Plane Cloud server or order Cpanel too. But Ordering control panel may have extra costs.

Could you please back up your statements "new user" since midnight with 13 posts already? A private cloud solution is really nothing more than a clustered and load balanced system. I think that savvy marketers just renamed it to tap into the "cloud" buzz word. But public cloud hosting means exposing your data to how many other people? Government agencies are being hacked almost daily but we're going to expect all cloud providers in the chain to have equal or greater security than the next guy? I am NOT anti-cloud at all. NOT AT ALL.

Yes. If you launch a "vps" instance on AWS I recommend using Centos 6.5 for cPanel starting with a free minimal Centos EC2 image on AWS marketplace. When you have logged in your vps over SSH make sure you have Perl installed and run the cpanel installation commands from the cPanel website. It will install itself from there in like 45 minutes. Then you can log into cPanel/ WHM from your server ip at port 2087 to easily admin your vps. Everything is a breeze from that point forward.