Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes, the KB is not updated, I will make sure it is but that does not matter here, the dispute was filed for a reseller hosting service and not the managed VPS that was already terminated and cancelled. He had both a VPS and a Reseller, the dispute was filed for the reseller but I was simply stating that the fact about his VPS service was not true as well no 3rd side really.

I believe I am done stating all the facts and points here, replying to this is only going to drag this thread further with no meaningful contribution which is what it is with threads such as these. I am off to enjoy my much deserved weekend.

Have a good one guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Host4Geeks-Kushal View Post
    Don't have any such data readily available, sadly. I will try and run some queries to see if I can pull out the average response time specific to his tickets but the overall helpdesk statistics gives a fair idea as to what our response times are. Not to forget, his two weeks of VPS setup times.
    Here are the tickets
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ticket207112-1.jpg   ticket207112-2.jpg   ticket207112-4.jpg   ticket207112-1.jpg  
    Last edited by Esstee; 07-04-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esstee View Post
    Everything there is sales and billing related Sir and I don't even need to state this, it's already shown in the automated replies there: "9AM to 6PM - Mon to Fri PDT".

Everything there is sales and billing related Sir and I don't even need to state this, it's already shown in the automated replies there: "9AM to 6PM - Mon to Fri PDT".
    The initial ticket was submitted on the 20th, that's a Saturday. The first response was on the 24'th.
    The IP assignment was apparently made on the 25'th, but it was really the 26'th as the final ticket indicates as I complained that it couldn't be found.

Therefore, it took 6 days in total to provision an IP from the time the hosting account was purchased.
    That said, while I can accept weekends, I saw no Blazing Fast Support in this whatsoever. And the same can be said of my previous package also. (same response times).

And while there's no way to prove the performance of that hosting package, I can assure you that the ticket which I generated complaining about this was completely justifiable.
    The CP and server was so unbearably slow that it was completely useless. All of which resulted in a terrible hosting service and experience.

When has it become abuse to cancel a hosting service and expect a refund?

to answer your questions - when such a refund is not offered and is explicitly defined as not available.

the abuse part however is the tantrum and name calling that is this thread. you have to be responsible for your own actions. launching chargebacks (which failed), then resorting to public rants and name calling and accusations is simply not appropriate. Simply put, you are defining yourself as a customer no one would want. Even the largest CEOs, of the largest companies in the world, are taking this stance - and pretty publicly these days.

You see, the issue is, the modern world has given consumers an amazing and very large voice. This is a WONDERFUL thing, as it keeps companies honest and protects consumers from all sorts of bad things (this is GOOD) - the flipside however, is it also enables consumers to abuse companies and try and make their own rules by threatening companies with all sorts of things (ie public negative comments, etc). the only defense companies have is to define who they want to work with and who they do not and what the rules are - and if you do not abide by the rules and you play dirty like this - companies will call that out.

Lets approach this a different way. why do you feel you are entitled to a refund for a service, where the company does not offer one? if its that big of a deal for you, then why did you not signup for a company which DOES offer a refund within x time or whatever if you are not satisfied? If you had signed up for such a company, and they refused to give you a refund, then you had a legitimate complaint. Do you see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    to answer your questions - when such a refund is not offered and is explicitly defined as not available.

the abuse part however is the tantrum and name calling that is this thread.
    Someone who lies, is a liar. (though you already knew that).
    The tantrum as you like to call it is a formal complaint by myself in response to the unfair business practices of host4geeks and a warning to all who consider doing business with this company in the future.

And the reason I believe this to be such a vital part of the marketplace is where I myself came to webhostingtalk.com to look for reviews on host4geeks.com prior to buying their services. And so with this in mind, I'd add that if I would have come across a thread of this nature prior to signing-up, that I would have know not to proceed without considering the dangers that come with their standing TOS.

why do you feel you are entitled to a refund for a service, where the company does not offer one?
    Because they did did not deliver on the advertised claims for products and services.
    Last edited by Esstee; 07-04-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Because they did did not deliver on their claims for products and services.
    its a service, and this is subjective. its why credit card companies and paypal typically and traditionally have not gotten involved in chargebacks in these scenarios. was the server "fast enough" - or for a completely different example, was the legal advise you received "good" or "bad". this is all subjective. if you feel you have been wronged, and the company did not deliver the service they sold you, or if the legal advise was negligent and wrong - then talk to your lawyer

seems to me, your account was activated and you received your service.

again, next time, just buy from a company which offers a 30 day money back guarantee - and all of this could be avoided. the root problem here is still yours (sorry)

you purchased a service which did not offer a money back guarantee - and now you are demanding one. simple solution - buy from a provider who does offer a money back guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    its a service, and this is subjective.
    You call those support tickets times subjective?
    I'd love to see anyone in their right define mind "Blazing Fast Support" with such response time.

... its why credit card companies and paypal typically and traditionally have not gotten involved in chargebacks in these scenarios.
    Actually, both our credit card company and Paypal offer buyer protection in cases such as these. ie, when I called Paypal to ask why the case was rejected, I was told that had this of happened after July 1'st that it would have been an open and shut case. And so I'm happy to think that such business practices will come to an end with Paypal.

again, next time, just buy from a company which offers a 30 day money back guarantee - and all of this could be avoided. the root problem here is still yours (sorry)
    You are correct. And I accept the burden of being the fool for not doing my homework before investing in a company with such a horrible business model.

you purchased a service which did not offer a money back guarantee - and now you are demanding one. simple solution - buy from a provider who does offer a money back guarantee
    I have and I'm quite happy with my selection to date. Though I still think it's important to share my experiences as a warning to others.

I do agree it's important to share your experience - but namecalling the provider the way you have, and making very serious allegations without any kind of evidence to back your claims up, is horrible. You could've made this a simple review saying "This didn't work out for me, this is what I didn't like, I don't recommend this host". Instead, you throw a tantrum which in the eyes of many (mine included) completely kills any validity this topic could've had.
    MightWeb - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers.
    KVM VPS's - RAID 10 Pure SSD - Windows & Linux - Managed services available
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | Pure SSD | Premium Network | SpamExperts
    DDoS Protection, R1Soft Hourly Backups, LiteSpeed, 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by MightWeb-Marcus View Post
    I do agree it's important to share your experience - but namecalling the provider the way you have, and making very serious allegations without any kind of evidence to back your claims up, is horrible. You could've made this a simple review saying "This didn't work out for me, this is what I didn't like, I don't recommend this host". Instead, you throw a tantrum which in the eyes of many (mine included) completely kills any validity this topic could've had.
    The thief accusation wasn't likely appropriate, and I've taken the initiative to retracting this from the title of my thread.
    The lying however is both verifiable and true.

That said, I can't help but feel that Kushal has purposefully duped me of my hard earned money on this one. And so the notion that he is a thief remains as far as I'm concerned. Not from a TOA stand-point, that much I accept, and so to make things right, I've requested that the title of the thread be changed to reflect my own responsibilities toward matters.

As for the provider I can only assume you've taken it upon yourself to stick together.
    But to to the customer(that is myself), dishonest behaviour is not justified with false claims wrapped in a TOA. IOW. When companies make use of claims such as a service or performance guarantee's, there must be accountable measures in place from which to justify them. Otherwise, we end-up with fraud. So perhaps fraud was a better term to use here, as Kushal failed to live up to the product and service claims without any intent of compensation.
    Last edited by Esstee; 07-04-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Really? I hate people who think they can try and bring a web host down just because they didn't get their own way…

The OP said web hosting (was slow) and a VPS. He then mentioned a reseller, the OP doesn't sound like he knows what he's on about…

...welcome to Fraud Record.
    Could you elaborate why?
    - I often come to the conclusion that my brain has too many tabs open. -
    Failing at desktop publishing & graphic design since 1994
    Pretty soon we can expect hosting companies offering "double unlimited"
    or
    "not limited unlimited with no limits".

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    The transaction numbers should tally up whats shown as the "Unique Transaction ID" in Paypal should be shown as the "Transaction ID" on the PDF invoice.
    In my experience, PayPal issues a unique transaction ID to both the Buyer and Seller on each purchase. WHMcs just records the Sellers transaction ID which will be different from the one shown in the buyers PayPal account (this is consistent across all the invoices I pay myself when using PayPal). Their policy could be different in different countries however.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    In my experience, PayPal issues a unique transaction ID to both the Buyer and Seller on each purchase. WHMcs just records the Sellers transaction ID which will be different from the one shown in the buyers PayPal account (this is consistent across all the invoices I pay myself when using PayPal). Their policy could be different in different countries however.
    Dunno, All ours tally up right from Paypal into WHMCS then into our Accounting system. That way we're all on level playing fields we can quote Transaction ID's to clients and they can also quote them to us if needed. Just find it strange that wouldn't be the case here.

Dunno, All ours tally up right from Paypal into WHMCS then into our Accounting system. That way we're all on level playing fields we can quote Transaction ID's to clients and they can also quote them to us if needed. Just find it strange that wouldn't be the case here.
    It does tally up on my end i.e my PayPal, our WHMCS and our accounting software. I am not sure what the OP is seeing on his PayPal though.

They don't match for me, a client gives me a transaction I can search it, but our's is different and I can use that to search it if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Madbunny View Post
    Could you elaborate why?
    Going on FR because he is being a troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Licensecart-Mike View Post
    Going on FR because he is being a troublemaker.
    and the PayPal dispute...
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

and the PayPal dispute...
    Do you honestly believe that OP was trying to scam/steal from you or is just childish attempt to take revenge for a "troublemaker" and make it harder for future attempts to buy hosting service from others?
    - I often come to the conclusion that my brain has too many tabs open. -
    Failing at desktop publishing & graphic design since 1994
    Pretty soon we can expect hosting companies offering "double unlimited"
    or
    "not limited unlimited with no limits".

Quote Originally Posted by Madbunny View Post
    Do you honestly believe that OP was trying to scam/steal from you or is just childish attempt to take revenge for a "troublemaker" and make it harder for future attempts to buy hosting service from others?
    Yes reporting to FraudRecord seems a bit too much.

IMO the host is just hiding behind the ToS refund policy wall, they can very well do a prorated refund for the two unused months and still have a profit for those 26 days (invoice paid on 20th, canceled on 24th) without all this hassle unless the OP did anything malicious with the products. But in the end, it's their business and they decide how to run it.

OP started name calling and lost support from everyone on this forum.
    WordPress plugins | Blog | @jesin_a

Quote Originally Posted by jesin View Post
    Yes reporting to FraudRecord seems a bit too much.

IMO the host is just hiding behind the ToS refund policy wall, they can very well do a prorated refund for the two unused months and still have a profit for those 26 days (invoice paid on 20th, canceled on 24th) without all this hassle unless the OP did anything malicious with the products. But in the end, it's their business and they decide how to run it.

OP started name calling and lost support from everyone on this forum.
    Under the circumstances, negative reactions are understandable.
    Then again, as this is about awareness, it has little or nothing to do with support if you think about it.

And while this information may seem offensive to some. It remains that it is all 100% true and verifiable. Which is more than we can say for most of the negative reviews on this forum.
    At the end of the day, Host4geeks.com /Kushal can run his business and behave any way he pleases.
    Though that doesn't mean he can do so without getting reactions from others.

And so while my post may seem offensive and over the top to some. I'd add that Webhostingtalk.com is a go-to place for researching hosting providers for a great many people. And that if I had read a review or warning such as this one prior to making my own investment with host4geeks /Kushal, that it's very unlikely that I would have been taken for my heard earned money.

And so while the method may seem offensive or over the top.
    Just remember how many people come to Webhostingtalk and walk the walk.
    This is not some pot shot campaign in response to not getting ones way.
    This is a genuine response to bad business practices and it's effects on others.
    And I for one, can only hope it will makes a difference!

For what it's worth, I tried to get the thread title adjusted to better reflect my own responsibility toward this matter.
    Though it appears as though moderation on the forums is slow to respond.

Whatever the case, I can only hope this thread serves a purpose by helping others avoid making the same mistakes I made.

1. ALWAYS READ and understanding the TOA's prior to paying anything.
    2. ALWAYS ask when unsure about policies and satisfaction guarantee's prior agreeing to anything.
    3. Make sure the performance claims and guarantee's made by hosting companies are tangible (backed by something)
    4. Know what you're getting yourself into before proceeding.
    Last edited by Esstee; 07-05-2015 at 11:47 AM.

I have to 'jump' in here. I became a customer of Host4Geeks some 2 months ago due to the comments made from various people on this forum about the service etc. At that time, I was very frustrated with my then existing reseller service provider and I had reached my limit of frustration. So the natural thing to do was to find a forum dedicated to Hosting and related stuff. This I did and subsequently joined this forum.

Based on the reviews etc., I joined h4g and just before I did, I sent an email to sales and received an IMMEDIATE response from Kushal (who, from the threads in this forum appears to be 'the man of business'). I was so pleased with the response time that I said to myself "this is the hosting company for me". I subsequently asked him to please give me a fast and reliable server. Candidly, I was hoping that 'he' (i.e, h4g) did not set up my account on server 3 as I read bad things about this server. I never did mention this to Kushal though. I had faith.

Needless to say that my reseller account was set up on server 3.

That being said, the sales pages stated "Your website would load 9X faster". So I thought what the heck... let's go for it.

Ever since it has been a nightmare!!! The server loadtimes are ALWAYS astronomically high and my site load 9X slower than my previous service provider. I have on time and time again pleaded with support to fix their 'issues' and received the usual 'standard' response such as:

(This is an actual response that I received two days ago.)

"We apologize for the inconveniences caused.

The server was a bit overloaded at the time which caused the issue. Our admin has already taken necessary steps to resolve it and now it should not occur again. Please see the below snippet for more details.

============
    load average: 4.48, 4.50, 4.05
    ============

Please check from your end and in case the problem persists, please update us so that we can have a closer look into it."

Quite frankly, since I joined, it has never gone below 4 and always hovered around 8 on average for the 5, 10 and 15 intervals. Last week it was averaging 14 for all three intervals.

But you know what? It is infuriating to say the least that a genuine customer (Estee) has, to him or her, a real and valid customer service issue with a vendor (h4g) and that the vendor feels that they are in the right! Clearly Estee was frustrated enough to come to the only forum that he or she feels is the place to discuss hosting issues and rant about his or her experience for others to be aware (kudos to you btw). I have a stong feeling that Estee had discussions with support many times before he or she came to rant on this forum as a measure of last resort. And in my opinion, Estee should not have to show proof. But I understand that there is so much dishonesty when it comes to anything internet related that nowadays people want to see proof. I get it.

I am a seasoned businessman and have ran many companies with over 300 staff and annual sales of $200,000,000.00 and I have always listened to EVERY customer and treated him / her with the respect that he/she deserves. Yes at times I know that my company is in the right but that is not what business is about. Business is about creating a long-term relationship with your customer and massaging that relationship over time and not simply trying to get a sale.

I am sorry Kushal, with the statement below, YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG... YOU DON'T GET IT!

"Some of you who are active here may argue that off-late there has been quite a few "hate-threads" about us, here in WHT, but that is largely due to the fact that this is the first place people come to complaint when things do not go the their way and also because we rarely advertise here anymore so a large chunk of our rather happy customers are not from WHT either but I still make sure that I address these threads here. Growth for us has never been better than it is now, we run our own infrastructure and redundant network, new locations being added and a lot more, I'd hardly think we would be able to achieve all these if Host4Geeks was "a liar and a theif"."

If there are quite a few 'hate threads' then you and your company MUST be doing something wrong. Do not pick on the customer but reflect internally instead. Why are you getting such negative feedback? Look at your support tickets and see where you are going wrong. Look and determine The Lifetime Value of your existing customer base and see what you can do to increase this value. That is the key to success in ANY business.

What is a few dollars to appease your customer and hopefully to turn him or her into a long term customer? Do you know that a satisfied customer may tell one or two persons about their experience(s) but a dissatisfied customer would tell 9 to 10 people? It is far less expensive to keep your existing customers than to gain a new one. That is a basic principle of business.

As for me, I am dissatisfied myself in your service. I sent you a personal email about it and you never responded. Yet when I sent you my very first email (you perceived that you were getting a sale) you responded within 1 minute. That's not good service. Consequently, I can not see any future with h4g and would certainly not recommend your service to anyone that I know.

But please take my advice (or don't take it) and look at your support tickets and see the 'trends'. This can certainly help you in changing your company and creating longevity. There is a saying in the food business: To know if your food is any good, no need to ask your customer, simply look at your garbage bin. In other words, if the plates are clean then your food is accepted. If there is a lot of food in the garbage fix your kitchen or else you would not have a business.

It is now up to you and other service providers like you to listen to your customer....
    Last edited by jemacb; 07-05-2015 at 12:00 PM. Reason: typo

I agree we too have had some massive issues with Host4Geeks of late, and sadly Kushal Raha the twentysomething serial entrepreneur really needs to begin to take some responsibility for his and his companies actions. We will be posting our sagas with host4geeks soon - though we have been threatened with legal action by Host4geeks if we do.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirelabs View Post
    I agree we too have had some massive issues with Host4Geeks of late, and sadly Kushal Raha the twentysomething serial entrepreneur really needs to begin to take some responsibility for his and his companies actions. We will be posting our sagas with host4geeks soon - though we have been threatened with legal action by Host4geeks if we do.
    Really ? Damn, that is a very serious allegation. I'm glad that I moved out of there at the first sight of trouble and didnt stay for this (worst case scenario).
    Last edited by ryus; 07-05-2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: nazi'ng myself :P

So we posted our story on the vps forum cant post the link as we dont have enough posts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MightWeb-Marcus View Post
    Regardless of what happened or did not happen - here's the simple fact: When you signed up and payed, you agreed to the Terms of Service, which indicates there are no refunds. Whether or not you used the service is absolutely irrelevant, since you agreed to a no-refund policy beforehand.
    But if those terms breach the unfair terms in consumer contracts, and distance selling laws, those terms are invalid surely? In my opinion, I think a lot of hosts need to be wary of the "terms" they are writing, just because they put them does not mean they are legals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast