[Note: I'd considered posting this question to (this) subforum, but I'm trying to avoid self-motivated replies.]

For some years now, I've been using the "Ultimate Form Mail" script for processing messages sent to me by my site's visitors. This script has never yet been hacked or abused, but the author quit supporting his product some time ago. And I've recently discovered that, when my server is being scoured for possible malware, two particular scripts in the product are continually flagged as potential problems. (They're not problems, but the pro-active scouring tends to act first -- deleting the scripts and breaking my forms -- and ask questions later.)

In hopes of avoiding the flagging / breaking problem, I'd like to convert to a newer (and supported) package or service. While it's been suggested that I Google "secure form processors" to find a good replacement, most of what I find in this sort of search tends to be what appears to be puffery ("buy mine! i rock! trust me!") or negative (outdated products, known-insecure scripts, or complaints of having been hacked).

This wouldn't be the first time that I simply didn't have the right search terms. What I'm asking for here is (a) better search terms, if such exist; or, lacking that, (b) warnings of products or services to avoid, and (c) recommendations of products or services to consider (but only if it's not your product or service).

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Eliz.