Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SSDapp just deleted my VPS

For some reason SSDapp sent me a message that my server (VPS server France) is suspended:

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. The details of this suspension are below:

Product/Service: 10SSD
    Domain: 1GBiT.SSDapp.com
    Amount: €7.00EUR
    Due Date: 2015-07-02
    Suspension Reason: Dear Customer, Our anti-spam protection layer has detected that your IP 149.202.107.16 is sending spam. In order to protect our network, we have blocked the port 25 of your server, at the network level. To help you investigate about this problem and fix it, here are a sample are some advanced details on your emails: Destination IP: 64.233.161.27 - Message-ID: 2015622423427.201506220537@350877273...oucantrust.com - Spam score: 300 Destination IP: 64.233.161.27 - Message-ID: 2015622423427.201506220537@350877273...oucantrust.com - Spam score: 600 Destination IP: 173.194.67.26 - Message-ID: 2015622423427.201506220537@350877273...oucantrust.com - Spam score: 600 Destination IP: 64.233.161.26 - Message-ID: 2015622423427.201506220537@350877273...oucantrust.com - Spam score: 600 Destination IP: 173.194.67.26 - Message-ID: 2015622423427.201506220537@350877273...oucantrust.com - Spam score: 600
    After I asked them to unsuspend it, so I can turn off SMTP server and see what's going on, they responded that my VPS is accidentally deleted instead of suspended:

Hi Darko,

I am very sorry the system has termianted this in error! Can I ask if you would be willing to have a new account? I am very sorry about the mix up.

Regards,

Danny Aston
    Head of Systems
    My Location:Western Europe

SSDapp LTD

This is unprofessional on so many levels and companies like this should not be in business! Beware future customers.

I hope you at least had backups of all of your data so you can just restore it elsewhere. That is a very bad situation to be in, to just delete it instead of suspending it like they told you.
    Hey Mikey likes it!

Hey darkorns,

As discussed we are very sorry about the mix up - this has been refunded in full and we have given you a new VPS for a period of one month with no extra charge.

We have since implemented a new fail-safe into our Cron job to make sure this does not happen again!

Thanks,
    Danny
    █SSDapp - Low Cost VPS, Plex and Dedicated Servers
    █ Windows and Linux VPS / Dedicated Servers in USA and France.
    █ 99.99% Uptime, Money Back Guarantee, Instant Setup. Phone support

Hope you had backup of all your data, these things happen along with hardware failures , so best thing is to take your own backups everyday
    Pure SSD VPS with DDoS Protection - Netuplink.net
    Click here for performance|DDoS Protection| Daily Backups|True 24x7 Support
    Contact us - sales(@)netuplink.net

Sorry to heard you've lost the data and hope you have the data backup.

I hear too many stories on here that people have lost whole VPS's from providers without any kind of backup
    1. You should have your own backup - you can never have too many backups.
    2. Your provider may or may not keep copies of your VPS (and they may or may not work when it comes to the time of needing to restore)

Moral of the story - I'm sorry this has happened to you - and your host seems pretty "blazae" about the whole thing. Ultimately you are responsible for your data - your host terms and conditions will protect them from data loss.
    Kyle Teer
    Digital Transformers - Transforming the Face of Businesses

That's unfortunate. Even if a customer asks to cancel a service, we always just suspend anyway for a while. Just in case...
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Online Since 2002 --> https://www.hostinganddesigns.com
    Direct sales rep: Lars Jensen 503-999-7518

Quote Originally Posted by WebTech Hosts View Post
    I hear too many stories on here that people have lost whole VPS's from providers without any kind of backup
    1. You should have your own backup - you can never have too many backups.
    2. Your provider may or may not keep copies of your VPS (and they may or may not work when it comes to the time of needing to restore)

Moral of the story - I'm sorry this has happened to you - and your host seems pretty "blazae" about the whole thing. Ultimately you are responsible for your data - your host terms and conditions will protect them from data loss.
    Hi WebTech Hosts,

Thanks for your input, I am a little confused on your "blazae" statement, we did all we could to rectify the situation and implemented a root cause fix to safeguard our customers from the same problem reoccurring.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by SSDapp View Post
    Hi WebTech Hosts,

Thanks for your input, I am a little confused on your "blazae" statement, we did all we could to rectify the situation and implemented a root cause fix to safeguard our customers from the same problem reoccurring.

Danny

I would guess he's referring to the fact that you accidentally deleted someone's server and all their data. It sounds like you don't realize how unacceptable that is. Should never have happened in the first place.

I think a provider should always have backups in place even if they don't provide a backup service to their clients. It would have helped in this situation. How do you plan to restore the entire node when it fails?
    CrocWeb Cloud - High Availability Cloud Website Hosting
    > NVMe Storage, LSCache, Redis, Global CDN, Unlimited SSL
    > Triple Data Replication, Automated Server Failover
    > Bad Bots, Malware, DDoS Protection

What about this doesn't seem "blazae"? Input Anyone??

Hi Darko,

I am very sorry the system has termianted this in error! Can I ask if you would be willing to have a new account? I am very sorry about the mix up.

Regards,

Danny Aston
    Head of Systems
    My Location:Western Europe

SSDapp LTD
    This just does not seem to have enough attention or empathy for your customer. I would expect more attention given to it.
    Kyle Teer
    Digital Transformers - Transforming the Face of Businesses

I can't believe what i am reading.. but well.. in such a big world, anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by WebTech Hosts View Post
    What about this doesn't seem "blazae"? Input Anyone??

This just does not seem to have enough attention or empathy for your customer. I would expect more attention given to it.

To me the response is almost brutal, like 'get over it', 'move on' or similar. There is no explanation of what happened, why it happened or how a recovery could be attempted, and therefore the apology lacks sincerity, IMO.

Very similar story to me.

Yesterday i noticed that my VPS hpsted on SSDAPP is down. (no any notidications before, nothing, doublechecked my email many times)

I made a ticket, got answer to there is link in one of my VPS websites to somekind of web site scammers. (one of websites was just a joke site which was url enrarger and not shortener, and some scammer posted there a such link, nothing illegal in my site)

I told, ok no problem, i will remove those links but i want get back my server.

Than comes surprise! I got server back but completly empty, with different IP.

I told i want my data.

I got answer that is not possible, but i replied that i really need my data, still hoping on some good result as this was a my hobby development server and there was some code which was not yet backed up.

But this will be very very bad if they instantly delete everything if there is some issues on web site, even not in my site something illegal.

Still no reaction from ssdapp.com , i used many of lowend VPS services but this is whorst of them because of lost all data by ssdapp.com fault. I understand that i cant get for 9EUR top service, but if provider totally dont care about customers data this is the company which should not work in this area. And seems im not the first who lost all data after suspending machine.

Hi,

I am very sorry about your issues with lost data - in this case it was a bank fraud link, for some reason we have reports of it being live even when your instance was booted into rescue mode. Because of this it was destroyed.

Please feel free to open a ticket and we can give you a month for free due to the downtime.

Danny

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SSDapp View Post
    Hi,

I am very sorry about your issues with lost data - in this case it was a bank fraud link, for some reason we have reports of it being live even when your instance was booted into rescue mode. Because of this it was destroyed.

Please feel free to open a ticket and we can give you a month for free due to the downtime.

Danny
    Omg... This page was just a like oposite for url shorteners. This site just made short link to long, just a fun page. Someone posted a fraud link in this url shortener(url enlarger) thats all. In my host there wasnt anything illegal, and ofc if you switched my site off ofcourse the real scammers site still was working.

Maybe next step is to burn your datacenter, because scammer site is still working, maybe than you will understand that there wasnt anything bad on my VPS.

After suspension i reacted in 1h, maybe even less, and you already deleting all data.

As i said for 9eur i can accept some down times, some not uber stable connection but for some small issue(which was not actually on my site) delete all data is very very... bad. I need my data and not free month.

Data is priceless, Should think 10 times before terminating a VPS.

lvrestore command is useful for this type of mistake but you should use this within few minute of terminating a vps and use test option to check If restore will work or not.
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

SSDapp just made into my blacklist of providers.

Incredible.

O please. It totally sucks that the VPS was deleted. The provider doesn't seem "Blazaa" about it they seem genuinely sorry for it but don't want to give you false hope or lie to you. Telling you up front and admitting to it is a reasonable thing to do.

Obviously they didn't want to delete the VPS and mistakes do in fact happen. If you haven't made a mistake yet, you are simply either too new or too small. Eventually everyone makes a mistake.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    O please. It totally sucks that the VPS was deleted. The provider doesn't seem "Blazaa" about it they seem genuinely sorry for it but don't want to give you false hope or lie to you. Telling you up front and admitting to it is a reasonable thing to do.

Obviously they didn't want to delete the VPS and mistakes do in fact happen. If you haven't made a mistake yet, you are simply either too new or too small. Eventually everyone makes a mistake.
    good to know your standars, not mine.

good day

Quote Originally Posted by JoseDieguez View Post
    good to know your standars, not mine.

good day
    Yep I plan for the worst and have redundancy and backups. Being upset about the provider deleting it is completely correct. It shouldn't happen but not having backups is worse. Surely you back your stuff up nightly at least?
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Yep I plan for the worst and have redundancy and backups. Being upset about the provider deleting it is completely correct. It shouldn't happen but not having backups is worse. Surely you back your stuff up nightly at least?
    Can't agree more with that.

Have backups in the same server.. in 2 other servers for backups, and in backupsy (cheap, so why not...), i know everything can happen, i just wish God doesn't destroy 3 DC's at the same time... and yes, daily, thank you for your concern

Quote Originally Posted by andrisdru View Post
    Omg... This page was just a like oposite for url shorteners. This site just made short link to long, just a fun page. Someone posted a fraud link in this url shortener(url enlarger) thats all. In my host there wasnt anything illegal, and ofc if you switched my site off ofcourse the real scammers site still was working.

Maybe next step is to burn your datacenter, because scammer site is still working, maybe than you will understand that there wasnt anything bad on my VPS.

After suspension i reacted in 1h, maybe even less, and you already deleting all data.

As i said for 9eur i can accept some down times, some not uber stable connection but for some small issue(which was not actually on my site) delete all data is very very... bad. I need my data and not free month.
    Hi,

I understand the abuse was not performed by yourself and we are reviewing procedures in regards to the way we handle these types of abuse.

To give you some background, it was one of the night staff who terminated the VPS - we had an email from one of our providers Abuse department stating that the bank phising link was still active and the whole node would be null routed if we did not fix within X hours, of course the action was very brash and we should not have terminated.

If you wanted to take us up on the free month please do let me know and accept our apologies in regards to the the above situation

Danny

Ok, **** happens. I restored archives and moved to another VPS provider. Until this incident i was very satisfied with you services and i wish you yo not make such mistakes in future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast